Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
P

Last edited by SuperBek; 01/22/24 04:18 PM.
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Chapter 1
Ever since the near marriage to Lex Luthor, she’d been slowly waking up to the realisation that her feelings for her partner were much more than simple platonic friendship. She was also starting to realise the depth of those feelings. It was more than whatever she’d thought she’d felt for Superman. After all, Clark Kent was her best friend. He was the one person she trusted more than anyone in this world. And though she knew Superman to be the very embodiment of nobility, honour and integrity, he didn’t make her laugh the way Clark did.
This is just such a ... delightfully simple (in a good way) *chef's kiss* description.

And if she were honest with herself, she likely wouldn’t have volunteered the two of them had it not been for the thought of spending time in a place as romantic as Belfast with her partner.
Honestly, this is a 10/10 Lois Lane plan. Things seem to go distractingly wrong in Metropolis...

Gently, she nudged Clark awake and he sat up, almost knocking his glasses off his face once more. She suddenly wondered what he looked like without them and at the same time, something inside her told her she already knew, though for the life of her she couldn’t remember ever seeing him without them. Surely she must have. After all, they’d known each other for almost two full years.
I love the vibe you're setting up here (and earlier) that she already knows. ...she just doesn't know she knows. confused

Chapter 2 (thank you for the chapter headers)
“I apologise for my…partner,” he said, wondering why he hesitated on that word. Was it because they were on the verge of becoming more than partners? Or was it because by saying it that way, it already sounded as if they were?
Ope!

Lois came, grudgingly.
I love your Lois, holy cow.

She sagged into him ever so slightly and he felt his body go warm at the accidental touch.
Awwwww.

Chapter 3
She was more than used to her partner getting this reaction from women, but the closer they got, the less she liked it.
rotflol

Clark gave her a nervous glance and she realised that he was waiting to see what her reaction would be to this bit of news. Was it because it would mean the two of them would be sleeping in the same room? A strange thrill went through her at the thought, despite the travel.
This is adorable. He thinks she's about to blow up and she's thinking about getting down. He's totally misreading her in such a fun way.

“It’s alright,” she reassured him with a yawn. “I won’t bite. I’m too tired to.”
lol

He sometimes felt like a parent keeping the secret of Santa for far longer than was strictly necessary.
OMG, what an impossibly perfect analogy!

“Well, we’ll just have to find one here,” Clark said, trying to find the bright side.
I would never have thought of this. But it sure makes sense. Corruption in Glasgow! I'm sure if it's there, Lois will sniff it out. Or stumble into it!

“Because you’re that irresistible?” She teased. Her eyes danced mischievously and he felt some of the tension lift.
YES! lol

Chapter 5
Still, she realised that her engagement with Lex had been rather chaste and she’d been happy to keep it that way. She hadn’t thought much of it at the time, but with Clark in such close proximity to her and the fact that they were sharing a bed, the contrast was startling.
That's a great point about Lex. I know we all know what was going on there, but it's an interesting detail for her to turn over in her own mind.

I can't pick a single line here, but Stewart and Gemma are SO utterly charming! Their gentle but direct advice is solid and seems to come from a place of such deep-rooted care!

Something about the low timbre of his voice told Lois she couldn’t say no even if she wanted to.
Dang, girl, get it.

Chapter 6
...walking through a winter-whitened Glasgow city centre..
This phrase is both evocative and just stunning from a wordsmith perspective. I loved the consonance so much that it distracted me and I had to go back and actually re-read the sentence for meaning. (Which is a compliment, not a negative.)

“Did you find it?” She asked. “Home, I mean?”
“If you’re asking if I plan on leaving Metropolis, the answer is no,” he assured her. She sat up and gently brushed a stray curl of hair away from his forehead in a way that made his heart clench with love.
“I was asking if Metropolis felt like home.”
“No,” he said with a gentle shake of his head. He reached out and cupped her face in his hands, marveling at her beauty even in the darkness. “You do.”
love I was going to comment on on the second sentence here but awwwwww it got so much better as I kept reading - and that's a great way to describe this whole story overall. It just gets better as you go along. It's deeply warm and fuzzy! And yes, hot, too, but I feel like that sweet, easy, affectionate banter vibe is so much harder to capture.

Chapter 7
...Bit of the Glaswegian sense of humour.”
I love this story, but it's brilliant to include it here - it makes us feel like we know the city as well as you do.

Chapter 8
And now that he had his answer, the lies felt like acid on his tongue. Yet somehow, he couldn’t bring himself to stop. Not when he had everything he wanted.
Not that he really had her. How could he, when she didn't truly know him?
Thaaaaat is so hard to wrestle with. And this, set up by the nausea, is really clear and portentous.

When they finally pulled apart, he fought the urge to tell her he loved her.
Oh, Clark. whinging

Like, if I read the names on the stone for that brief second those people live again, if only in my curiosity.
I looove love love this detail. With her penchant for searching for immortality, this completely fits in.

Chapter 9
Lois felt her heart twist a little at the realisation that he was proud of her.
Another brilliant example of all the wonderful little internal 'firsts' you're capturing in an early relationship.

Chapter 10
It was as if he’d discovered the most addictive drug in the world and his body and brain were now completely separate from one another.
Such an apt description! And his has to feel crazier for Clark, who's never even had the effects of a small stimulant like coffee!

“I don’t know what to say,” he finally said. “I don’t want to lie to you.”
Oh, yikes is that the wrong thing to say! wallbash
Also, I knew the suit was in there - I knew he wasn't wearing it, that she was heading into his suitcase. And I did NOT see this coming! Well done.

His hands shook slightly as he sat down on the bed, feeling the rumble of the Glasgow subway underneath.
This is a genius little add-in, to have the ground shake as the foundation of their relationship is similarly shaken, as their emotions are quaking.

I need you to know that today was the single most perfect day of my life. And if you never speak to me again, that won’t change.”
“I forgave you the moment you touched my hand,” she admitted. He felt his heart unclench. “I forgave you the moment you looked at me.”
“I love you,” he said. He hadn’t meant to say it. He certainly hadn’t planned on saying it and yet, he couldn’t stop the words from coming out of his mouth. “I have loved you since the moment I first saw you. And I know I shouldn’t tell you just yet. I know we only had one date, but I need you to know that.”
“I do know that,”
Omg, this is another section where you just up the ante in Every Sentence. And it's just so sweet.

“Somehow it’s more impressive without the suit,” she told him.
I've never seen this articulated but I've totally felt this in every instance I've ever seen, comics, shows, movies. notworthy

Epilogue
“I think that this is the best damn piece of writing I’ve seen from you two in a while.” Perry finished.
Yay! I had not idea how much I was rooting for the Mars Bar story until this line hit!

Lois shot Clark a meaningful look and he returned it with a smile that made her heart skip a beat. He’d flown to Glasgow that morning and come back with one.
Ahhhh! That's TOO GOOD!

“I’ll meet you there,” she assured him as he tugged at his tie.
love

This was SO GOOD! It was such an incredible love story. We know these characters, but it really felt like getting to know them and falling in love with them all over again!

Columnist
Columnist
I really enjoyed the humour of this story. It felt as if you were there and the attention to detail as well as the set-up was really well done. The set up was done really well and the secondary characters were a lot of fun.

Given the length and the author's note at the bottom, I am going to guess: KSaraSara

Last edited by lovetvfan; 01/06/24 03:52 PM.

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like that I could really feel like I was in Glasgow, in the rumbly hotel, in the snow-covered cemetery, and in the punky pub .
The part where we learn about deep fried Mars bars made me feel like I want one . The part where Clark's friends correctly suss out that his mother made the suit was very entertaining .

Guesses... Well, the author clearly has some considerable knowledge of the Scotts and Scotland, they use the Euro/Canadian spelling of "center", and take for granted that an American would know what a duvet is. So I can only conclude....

...That these are incredibly well-plotted red herrings, because I'm sticking with my guess about which one LoveTVFan wrote. *G* I haven't guessed Carrie yet, so Carrie, Imma say this is you. laugh

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This is a wonderful description of Glasgow. I want to visit, though I'm not sure I want to try the Mars bars.

The whole setup was soooo romantic. I'm glad Clark managed to convince Lois to give Scotland a try. Really loved this piece.

My guess is that lovetvfan wrote this piece.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Author,

since this is the longest one, I'll have to get to it last. But from glancing at the title, I already got a good idea. Sorry, it's a gut feeling and the length precludes Queenie from being the author. And peeking at the style confirms my gut. Though good thinking, changing the dash-character to Bakasi's style!

My guess:
LoveTVFan

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 01/07/24 10:53 AM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, so many layered details. I loved the unique places.
So often, there are awesome hole-in-the-wall places that are overlooked and people really miss out.
Glad Lois didn't miss out here smile

As for my guess, I think lovetvfan too.

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Wow, what a fun Lois & Clark travel fic. The location was really vivid and I loved all the little details. I'm pretty sure the author has been there to write it like that. ALso, we have sympatheitc OC's, lots of waff, fun interactions (and more) between L&C, AND a reveal and all that in one story. Myum, I approve! (And now I'm kida curious for that fried mars bars, too.)

Guesses...I'm rather sure this one is KSaraSAra. The tone is very similar to her Ficathon bit from 2(?) years ago, the whole Pearl Jam thing, and just...it feels very SAra-esque. So, log that in!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
“What, is Pearl Jam playing here too?”

notworthy

Not here while they were not only sharing a hotel room, but a bed as well

Another 'only one bed!'

The obvious author is LoveTVfan, but I'm guessing KSaraSara.

Or that could all be a wonderfully crafted red herring. I did enjoy the Glass Tiger lyrics at the end (A Canadian based band, the song featuring a London born - but of Scottish heritage -, Rod Stewart).

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
This was beautiful. Given the title, I expected them to ride on a train at somepoint, though I guess the subway under the hotel counts.

I've never been to Scotland (never been outside the States really except to the Bahamas) so I loved getting a glimpse into what it's like there (not the touristy stuff either).

Lots of fun here - snowed in (sort of), only one bed, first date, really great OCs. I enjoy reading other dialects - it helps me to sort of hear their accents in my head.

I've never had a deep fried mars bar but I get deep fried snickers every year at the county fair and they are just melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Yummy!

I love how the revelation turned out. Clark showing off with his powers was so cute.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
This story was great! I think KSaraSara wrote it! I'll be back later with better fdk!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
This story is beautiful. I don't have time for more quotes, but...

“I love you,” he said. He hadn’t meant to say it. He certainly hadn’t planned on saying it and yet, he couldn’t stop the words from coming out of his mouth. “I have loved you since the moment I first saw you. And I know I shouldn’t tell you just yet. I know we only had one date, but I need you to know that.”

AWWWWW OMG LOVE THIS!!! 😍 Beautiful declaration. And a simple revelation; love it.

“Somehow it’s more impressive without the suit,” she told him. It was a simple admission but it meant the world to him.

“Well then, expect me to use my powers as much as possible if it will impress you,” he vowed.

GAHHHH YESSSS! ahhh

My guess: lovetvfan cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wait, this *was* LoveTVFan? Aha, so you impersonated yourself! A clever double-bluff!

And Ahhhhhhhh, this fic was amazing! You really made me feel like I was there, and I loved all the OCs, and I have got to try a deep fried Mars Bar now! Thank you so much!!! <3

~•~
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Ahhh, Twinnie!! I ADORE this! It’s lovely and amazing and hilarious that you got Mary’s prompts and ended up with something that gives me TOTAL Yours to Discover vibes!

What made me guess Sara? Do we have to say? Scotland. And, you know . . . other little typographical tells just because I usually BR and edit all your work but didn’t on this one! laugh 💕

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by JadedEvie
Chapter 1
Ever since the near marriage to Lex Luthor, she’d been slowly waking up to the realisation that her feelings for her partner were much more than simple platonic friendship. She was also starting to realise the depth of those feelings. It was more than whatever she’d thought she’d felt for Superman. After all, Clark Kent was her best friend. He was the one person she trusted more than anyone in this world. And though she knew Superman to be the very embodiment of nobility, honour and integrity, he didn’t make her laugh the way Clark did.
This is just such a ... delightfully simple (in a good way) *chef's kiss* description.

And if she were honest with herself, she likely wouldn’t have volunteered the two of them had it not been for the thought of spending time in a place as romantic as Belfast with her partner.
Honestly, this is a 10/10 Lois Lane plan. Things seem to go distractingly wrong in Metropolis...

Gently, she nudged Clark awake and he sat up, almost knocking his glasses off his face once more. She suddenly wondered what he looked like without them and at the same time, something inside her told her she already knew, though for the life of her she couldn’t remember ever seeing him without them. Surely she must have. After all, they’d known each other for almost two full years.
I love the vibe you're setting up here (and earlier) that she already knows. ...she just doesn't know she knows. confused

Chapter 2 (thank you for the chapter headers)
“I apologise for my…partner,” he said, wondering why he hesitated on that word. Was it because they were on the verge of becoming more than partners? Or was it because by saying it that way, it already sounded as if they were?
Ope!

Lois came, grudgingly.
I love your Lois, holy cow.

She sagged into him ever so slightly and he felt his body go warm at the accidental touch.
Awwwww.

Chapter 3
She was more than used to her partner getting this reaction from women, but the closer they got, the less she liked it.
rotflol

Clark gave her a nervous glance and she realised that he was waiting to see what her reaction would be to this bit of news. Was it because it would mean the two of them would be sleeping in the same room? A strange thrill went through her at the thought, despite the travel.
This is adorable. He thinks she's about to blow up and she's thinking about getting down. He's totally misreading her in such a fun way.

“It’s alright,” she reassured him with a yawn. “I won’t bite. I’m too tired to.”
lol

He sometimes felt like a parent keeping the secret of Santa for far longer than was strictly necessary.
OMG, what an impossibly perfect analogy!

“Well, we’ll just have to find one here,” Clark said, trying to find the bright side.
I would never have thought of this. But it sure makes sense. Corruption in Glasgow! I'm sure if it's there, Lois will sniff it out. Or stumble into it!

“Because you’re that irresistible?” She teased. Her eyes danced mischievously and he felt some of the tension lift.
YES! lol

Chapter 5
Still, she realised that her engagement with Lex had been rather chaste and she’d been happy to keep it that way. She hadn’t thought much of it at the time, but with Clark in such close proximity to her and the fact that they were sharing a bed, the contrast was startling.
That's a great point about Lex. I know we all know what was going on there, but it's an interesting detail for her to turn over in her own mind.

I can't pick a single line here, but Stewart and Gemma are SO utterly charming! Their gentle but direct advice is solid and seems to come from a place of such deep-rooted care!

Something about the low timbre of his voice told Lois she couldn’t say no even if she wanted to.
Dang, girl, get it.

Chapter 6
...walking through a winter-whitened Glasgow city centre..
This phrase is both evocative and just stunning from a wordsmith perspective. I loved the consonance so much that it distracted me and I had to go back and actually re-read the sentence for meaning. (Which is a compliment, not a negative.)

“Did you find it?” She asked. “Home, I mean?”
“If you’re asking if I plan on leaving Metropolis, the answer is no,” he assured her. She sat up and gently brushed a stray curl of hair away from his forehead in a way that made his heart clench with love.
“No,” he said with a gentle shake of his head. He reached out and cupped her face in his hands, marveling at her beauty even in the darkness. “You do.”
love I was going to comment on on the second sentence here but awwwwww it got so much better as I kept reading - and that's a great way to describe this whole story overall. It just gets better as you go along. It's deeply warm and fuzzy! And yes, hot, too, but I feel like that sweet, easy, affectionate banter vibe is so much harder to capture.

Chapter 7
...Bit of the Glaswegian sense of humour.”
I love this story, but it's brilliant to include it here - it makes us feel like we know the city as well as you do.

Chapter 8
And now that he had his answer, the lies felt like acid on his tongue. Yet somehow, he couldn’t bring himself to stop. Not when he had everything he wanted.
Not that he really had her. How could he, when she didn't truly know him?
Thaaaaat is so hard to wrestle with. And this, set up by the nausea, is really clear and portentous.

When they finally pulled apart, he fought the urge to tell her he loved her.
Oh, Clark. whinging

Like, if I read the names on the stone for that brief second those people live again, if only in my curiosity.
I looove love love this detail. With her penchant for searching for immortality, this completely fits in.

Chapter 9
Lois felt her heart twist a little at the realisation that he was proud of her.
Another brilliant example of all the wonderful little internal 'firsts' you're capturing in an early relationship.

Chapter 10
It was as if he’d discovered the most addictive drug in the world and his body and brain were now completely separate from one another.
Such an apt description! And his has to feel crazier for Clark, who's never even had the effects of a small stimulant like coffee!

“I don’t know what to say,” he finally said. “I don’t want to lie to you.”
Oh, yikes is that the wrong thing to say! wallbash
Also, I knew the suit was in there - I knew he wasn't wearing it, that she was heading into his suitcase. And I did NOT see this coming! Well done.

His hands shook slightly as he sat down on the bed, feeling the rumble of the Glasgow subway underneath.
This is a genius little add-in, to have the ground shake as the foundation of their relationship is similarly shaken, as their emotions are quaking.

I need you to know that today was the single most perfect day of my life. And if you never speak to me again, that won’t change.”
“I forgave you the moment you touched my hand,” she admitted. He felt his heart unclench. “I forgave you the moment you looked at me.”
“I do know that,”
Omg, this is another section where you just up the ante in Every Sentence. And it's just so sweet.

“Somehow it’s more impressive without the suit,” she told him.
I've never seen this articulated but I've totally felt this in every instance I've ever seen, comics, shows, movies. notworthy

Epilogue
“I think that this is the best damn piece of writing I’ve seen from you two in a while.” Perry finished.
Yay! I had not idea how much I was rooting for the Mars Bar story until this line hit!

Lois shot Clark a meaningful look and he returned it with a smile that made her heart skip a beat. He’d flown to Glasgow that morning and come back with one.
Ahhhh! That's TOO GOOD!

“I’ll meet you there,” she assured him as he tugged at his tie.
love

This was SO GOOD! It was such an incredible love story. We know these characters, but it really felt like getting to know them and falling in love with them all over again!

I know this is a lot to include in the quote but I just need to say thank you for ALLLL of this lovely feedback. Glasgow is a place I love deeply and having lived there for a year and visited more times than I can count, it feels like another home to me. And when I got Queenie's prompts, I was torn at first because part of me thought: hey great I can totally have them go to Glasgow, but then another part of me worried that too many people would know it was me. Ultimately I decided it didn't matter and the story was a hell of a lot of fun to write.

The stuff Lois says about why she loves graveyards is exactly the same way I feel. I was going for a time travel feel and you totally got it because that's how I feel whenever I touch something incredibly old. Like it's the only way we can ever travel back. Stewart, Gemma, Rob and Rachel were all based off real people, and the Rufus was where I met my husband so all of this was pretty fun for me.

Thanks again for all this feedback!

-Angel
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by bakasi
This is a wonderful description of Glasgow. I want to visit, though I'm not sure I want to try the Mars bars.

The whole setup was soooo romantic. I'm glad Clark managed to convince Lois to give Scotland a try. Really loved this piece.

My guess is that lovetvfan wrote this piece.

Thank you! And definitely visit Scotland if you ever get the chance. Most people love Edinburgh because of how gorgeous and touristy it is, but the real Scotland is in Glasgow (and the Highlands) in my opinion. I got the idea when I was searching for something newsworthy to write on for the date of March 9th (as I wanted to set this roughly shortly after The Phoenix) and my friend told me that was the date of the invention of the Deep Fried Mars bar as well as the Queen's first visit to Northern Ireland since the ceasefire. I thought that it would be funny to mix the two and this somehow happened. Thanks again!

-Angel
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Author,

since this is the longest one, I'll have to get to it last. But from glancing at the title, I already got a good idea. Sorry, it's a gut feeling and the length precludes Queenie from being the author. And peeking at the style confirms my gut. Though good thinking, changing the dash-character to Bakasi's style!

My guess:
LoveTVFan

wave Michael

Ha ha! You got me! Your detective skills are excellent LOL

-Angel
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Wow, so many layered details. I loved the unique places.
So often, there are awesome hole-in-the-wall places that are overlooked and people really miss out.
Glad Lois didn't miss out here smile

As for my guess, I think lovetvfan too.

Yup! You got me LOL. And the Rufus is an awesome place. It was the first pub I ever went to when I first visited Scotland. I just thought it would be fun to put them here and see what happened LOL Thanks!

-Angel
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
Wow, what a fun Lois & Clark travel fic. The location was really vivid and I loved all the little details. I'm pretty sure the author has been there to write it like that. ALso, we have sympatheitc OC's, lots of waff, fun interactions (and more) between L&C, AND a reveal and all that in one story. Myum, I approve! (And now I'm kida curious for that fried mars bars, too.)

Guesses...I'm rather sure this one is KSaraSAra. The tone is very similar to her Ficathon bit from 2(?) years ago, the whole Pearl Jam thing, and just...it feels very SAra-esque. So, log that in!

BWA HA HA HA HA! Nope, it was me! But I totally get how this might have been confusing, as KSaraSara's fic from two years ago had her in Canada and I "consulted" a bit on that one LOL. The Deep Fried Mars bar is...interesting. And oddly not the weirdest food you'll find there (I found deep fried pizza to be even more bizarre). I lived there for a year so you're right that there is personal experience involved in this one.

-Angel
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by Toomi8
“What, is Pearl Jam playing here too?”

notworthy

Not here while they were not only sharing a hotel room, but a bed as well

Another 'only one bed!'

The obvious author is LoveTVfan, but I'm guessing KSaraSara.

Or that could all be a wonderfully crafted red herring. I did enjoy the Glass Tiger lyrics at the end (A Canadian based band, the song featuring a London born - but of Scottish heritage -, Rod Stewart).

Heh. Should have gone with your gut LOL.

As for the Glass Tiger lyrics, Alan Frew (the lead singer of GT) is from Coatbridge, Scotland (just half an hour away from Glasgow). If you watch the video for the song, you'll see it was not only filmed in Glasgow, but features many of the locations in the song as well as two footballers that played for Rangers, Alan's favourite team (as well as my husband's) so it felt like the right song for it. There are versions of the song without Rod Stewart also which is interesting.

-Angel
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by AmandaK
This was beautiful. Given the title, I expected them to ride on a train at somepoint, though I guess the subway under the hotel counts.

I've never been to Scotland (never been outside the States really except to the Bahamas) so I loved getting a glimpse into what it's like there (not the touristy stuff either).

Lots of fun here - snowed in (sort of), only one bed, first date, really great OCs. I enjoy reading other dialects - it helps me to sort of hear their accents in my head.

I've never had a deep fried mars bar but I get deep fried snickers every year at the county fair and they are just melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Yummy!

I love how the revelation turned out. Clark showing off with his powers was so cute.

Scotland is a WONDERFUL place. You should got if you get the chance. The hotel they stayed at is one that my husband and I stayed at and the rumbliness of the room was 100% true. Sadly that hotel is now gone. I wanted to call the fic "If this is Glasgow, why is it Snowing"? I took the idea from the film "If It's Tuesday, this Must be Belgium", instead of "Plains, Trains and Deep Fried Mars Bars", but I didn't think anyone would understand the film reference.

Thanks again so much!

-Angel
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by SuperBek
This story is beautiful. I don't have time for more quotes, but...

AWWWWW OMG LOVE THIS!!! 😍 Beautiful declaration. And a simple revelation; love it.

“Somehow it’s more impressive without the suit,” she told him. It was a simple admission but it meant the world to him.

“Well then, expect me to use my powers as much as possible if it will impress you,” he vowed.

GAHHHH YESSSS! ahhh

My guess: lovetvfan cool

Heh. You got me. Thank you so much! I am go glad you liked it!

-Angel
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Wait, this *was* LoveTVFan? Aha, so you impersonated yourself! A clever double-bluff!

And Ahhhhhhhh, this fic was amazing! You really made me feel like I was there, and I loved all the OCs, and I have got to try a deep fried Mars Bar now! Thank you so much!!! <3

BWA HA HA HA HA! I wanted to say something so much LOL. I am SO glad you liked it! It was so much fun writing about all the places I have been (I DID stay at the Buchanan and there WAS a rumbly room and creeky floor and clawfoot tub -- sadly the hotel is gone now. I met my husband at the Rufus and couldn't resist the fact that the Deep Fried Mars Bar was invented the same day as the Queen's visit -- Queen...get it?)

The OCs were also based on people I knew while there so they were so much fun to write. I am so so glad you liked it!

-Angel
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Ahhh, Twinnie!! I ADORE this! It’s lovely and amazing and hilarious that you got Mary’s prompts and ended up with something that gives me TOTAL Yours to Discover vibes!

What made me guess Sara? Do we have to say? Scotland. And, you know . . . other little typographical tells just because I usually BR and edit all your work but didn’t on this one! laugh 💕

Sara smile

HA HA HA HA! It REALLY did have YtD vibes! And this just further adds to the fact that sometimes it's hard to tell which one of us is writing something LOL.

-Angel
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

I’ll be doing these piecemeal.

Chapter 1
if you’re lost on some of the exotic phrases used in this story =D

Chapter 1:
/checks glossary/

The cabin was dark and silent, with the exception of those who slept, lightly snoring. Lois Lane watched her partner Clark Kent
Aaaand my mind invited Mayson to join the party.

A couple of times his glasses had almost fallen off and Lois had instinctively reached out to push them up his nose.
What’s happening with Superman? And It’s cute that Lois just has to reset his glasses.

After all, surely he took them off to sleep in his bed, but somehow she knew he wouldn’t want them removed here in this artificial setting.
Are they on a celebrity Big Brother show?

She was glad she got the window seat, and grateful that the Boeing 767
Oh, they’re in a metal death tube. /checks title/ Doh! I was completely stuck at cabin=cabin in the woods or possibly a container for a Big Brother show.

She didn’t mind climbing over Clark if she needed to go to the bathroom, but it would have been awkward with a complete stranger sitting there.
Yes, kicking him out of the seat on the way past is a lot of hassle.

The trip they were on was business, and not pleasure.
Champagne in business class instead of nookie in the mile high club?

And yet somehow, it made her nervous to be on a seven hour flight to Europe with Clark Kent –
/cocks eyebrow/

a man she had once thought of as little more than an annoyance, but who was now occupying far more space in her head than was strictly necessary.
Ooooh, fun phrasing!

And it was all his fault. He’d asked her out. On a date. A real, honest-to-goodness date a couple of weeks ago, and if it hadn’t been for Lex Luthor’s re-appearance, they might have gone on that date.
Ah, there it is. Also, I probably should mark down a Phoenix fetish in the GTA notes wink Or is it a sequel to Pearl Jam?

Lois honestly wasn’t sure if the date being canceled was a blessing or a curse. She couldn’t picture the two of them at a Pearl Jam concert.
/points at aforementioned fic/
You know, I’m now extremely saddened to not having gotten to it sooner. I have to imagine that at this point I would have re-confirmed my style-based guess.

And yet, she’d agreed to go because…well, if she was honest with herself, it was because she wanted to go on a date with him.
So, not because she lost a bet, because he paid top dollar, or because she needed a favor?

she’d been slowly waking up to the realisation that her feelings for her partner were much more than simple platonic friendship.
Ooooh

. And though she knew Superman to be the very embodiment of nobility, honour and integrity, he didn’t make her laugh the way Clark did.
Not even when he catches a banana pie aimed at her with his face?

Superman didn’t show up at her apartment late at night with movies and pizza.
He could, if she asked nicely.

He didn’t make her coffee every morning, or smile at her in a way that let her know she was the only person in the room.
And now he spent the night and is just making her breakfast in her kitchen.

Superman belonged to the world.
She shouldn’t say that out loud. Women might get the wrong idea.

. If there had been any ambiguity as to what Clark felt for her, most of those doubts had been chased away.
/traces coke bottle shape/ wa-wa-woom!

She’d felt, in that moment, as if he wanted to touch her, wanted to run his hands along her body and kiss her in a way she’d only fantasized about.
devil

Why he wasn’t affected, she would never know, but it hardly mattered.
One could either mention bombs or Lois’s homecooked meals.

Northern Ireland to cover the Queen’s very first appearance there since the IRA and Loyalists had agreed to a ceasefire earlier that year.
peep

Perry had been initially surprised. After all, Lois normally balked at these sorts of human interest stories, calling them “puff pieces” or worse.
Yes, but this story has the potential of a royal assassination plot getting foiled by Superman. You don’t see those every day. Not even in Metropolis.

place as romantic as Belfast with her partner.
At first I was confused. You never hear those two words together. Then, of course, Patrick O’Sullivan! Lois is gonna introduce Clark to her old boyfriend and show him the place where she stopped being a v…ery patient teenager.

It was the perfect place for the two of them to have their official first date, though Clark didn’t know it yet. Lois felt it was a better idea for her to take the initiative this time, lest she find that Clark had bought them tickets to see Metallica for their next attempt.
rotflol he just tries to offer a different dating experience than she has with Lex.

. She promised to get some interviews from the locals and to do a more rounded look at the response to the Queen’s visit if they flew in a day earlier.
laugh They could do Rome and Paris next.

Perry had been impressed with her initiative, but really she’d just wanted time for just the two of them. After all, they had to have some time for themselves.
She does realize there’s no journalistic awards offered for stories on reporters bedding Superman, doesn’t she?

And though there was a small part of her that was nervous about the fact that they had two adjoining rooms booked at the Europa Hotel,
The hotel didn’t have a double? Do they at least have a connecting door?

Instead, Perry had booked them on a flight to Glasgow where they would be boarding a local flight to Belfast. It was certainly not ideal considering they’d already spent seven hours on a flight, but Lois was not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.
Do they have time to visit Dismal Downs and tour Castle MacDuck?

She suddenly wondered what he looked like without them and at the same time, something inside her told her she already knew, though for the life of her she couldn’t remember ever seeing him without them.
laugh

. Surely she must have. After all, they’d known each other for almost two full years.
It’s not like she’s seen him naked, either.

LOIS: aahhmmm…

No, that doesn’t count. It was nine, not naked.

But now, as the plane began its descent she could feel the weariness enveloping her like a blanket and looked forward to the moment when she could lay her head down on the fresh, cool hotel pillow for some much needed sleep.
Awww… also, it’s why you take the red eye to Europe. Sleep through the night. Get to the new timezone reasonably fresh.

See you in chapter 2!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Here I go with Chapter 2. I think it was a shorter one?

They had booked a flight to Belfast from Glasgow airport but were now being told that said flight had been canceled due to unscheduled maintenance on the plane.
Figure out that Lois Lane was booked for the flight and didn’t want to risk an accident?

Ah can check,” the employee said, smiling a little at him.
Or perhaps he said ‘partner’ to indicate ‘friend’ or ‘acquaintance’ and he’s still available to friendly customer service reps who do him favors.

It’s no’ a short ride, but it’ll get ye there, right enough.”
Oooh, cramped onto a twenty-year-old long distance bus, driving through the night. Will do wonders for Lois’s disposition.

“We’re from Metropolis,” Lois said, tipping her chin upwards. “We’re not afraid of a little snow.”
laugh

“So now what do we do?” She asked with a huff. Her lips were pouted in a way he felt almost irresistible and he fought the urge to gently kiss her there. In fact, he’d been fighting all kinds of urges where she was concerned lately.
Is that the reason for all the FTBs?

“I’m not sitting on a smelly greyhound for five hours, Clark.”
She could try and get mugged. It might attract Superman and he could take them over to Belfast.

And I haven’t slept in almost a full day,” she shot back. She was right. They had taken the red-eye from Metropolis to Glasgow and with the time change, it had meant they arrived early in the morning Glasgow time, but felt like two in the morning for them.
It’s why she should have taken the time to sleep.

Looking forward to all the wonderful local color that’s to come hyper

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Chapter 3

Hi Sara!

She wasn’t keen on spending money for a full night in a hotel, especially since they were really only going to get a few hours of sleep there, but at this point she would have paid anything just for a clean mattress and a pillow.
Hey, it’s Planet money! Also, would she be willing to pay in kind if she could sleep in Clark’s old bedroom in Kansas and get a home cooked breakfast?

/carefully wraps claw filing set for Lois’s birthday/ which reminds me, we never got Clark staging a party for Lois in season two!

She inched closer to him and gently touched his arm – a gesture that did not go unnoticed by the woman who gave a slight frown.
Subtle, Lois, really subtle. Why not just have Clark only book a single room with a double bed.

Ah cannae give ye two,” the woman replied with a shrug. “We’ve only got one room the now.”
Oops? You do know that this is supposedly a non-FTB story, don’t you?

Lois had difficulty following what the woman was saying.
I’ll translate : only one big bed. How about you share?

Clark gave her a nervous glance and she realised that he was waiting to see what her reaction would be to this bit of news.
Receptionist: the hunk can stay at my place for the night. (sorry, no accent)

“Fine,” she said tiredly. “We’ll take one with two Queen beds.”
Ah, sorry.

Ah only have the one room. A suite wi’ one King bed.”
See? We don’t do two-bed rooms over here.

The room may shake a wee bit, but it’s no’ but the subway underneath ye. Pay it no mind.”
Hey, they can make their own room-shaking if you don’t mind!

. “Think of it like…a bed with a free built in massage.”
Oooh, I got an idea!

she realised that she would have to share with Clark – a prospect she found both exciting and terrifying.
What’s the worst that could happen?
Lois: /points at quadruplets from season four vision/
HGWells: wave

Scottish didn’t seem to mind frigid temperatures inside their homes and hotels.
Gives the couple a chance to snuggle up under the covers.

devil

“And now here we are in bed together.”
Lois is super easy.
LOIS: People did call me catty when it comes to Clark. Or Superman. I just figured I shouldn’t disappoint them.

. “I just…wasn’t sure you wanted to after the whole Ralph’s Pagoda mess. And I didn’t know how to ask you again. Somehow it seemed scarier.”
Like asking the possessed girl from The Exorcist?

“Clark, we’re partners and best friends. This isn’t scary. It’s terrifying.”
laugh clap

. She smiled and fought the urge to kiss him. She wasn’t sure what might happen if she kissed him right now.
Based on past experience, once she pulls back to get naked, he’d fall asleep.

“Really,” she told him. “I even made reservations for a romantic dinner in Belfast as a surprise. I guess that’s part of the reason I’m so on edge.”
shock

“We could maybe consider this our ‘almost-almost-first-date’ if you want.”
Almost-third-date with almost third-date activities.

“I dunno,” she drawled with a somewhat mischievous smile. “I don’t go to bed with just anyone. Especially not on an ‘almost-almost-first-date’.”
clap

“Will you…” she hesitated, unsure of why she was suddenly so nervous with him. “Will you hold me? Until I fall asleep, that is?”
Oooooooooh

He was warm and his arms were gentle and strong. She closed her eyes and drifted off into oblivion as the subway gently rumbled beneath them.
aaaaaaaaawwwwwww

Another fun chapter! clap

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Chapter 4:
Clark had never slept so soundly in his entire life and when he woke, he was overjoyed to find that it hadn’t been a dream.
Awww, his body is already in relationship protection mode, making sure he’s not leaving Lois alone just because of an emergency.

but the romantic date she’d apparently planned for the two of them was not going to happen. They seemed to be having rotten luck so far.
Too bad they don’t know a flying superhero who could help out.

“We can just ask Superman to bring us. He’s going to be at the press conference too, remember?”
See? Lois is thinking clearly.

“Lois, he’s not a taxi service,”
No, he’s more a private pilot and emergency kidnapping assistance.

We can’t take away from that just because we need a ride.”
Translation: he likes vegging with fish n chips.

He wasn’t sure he trusted her to be able to drive in a foreign country on the other side of the road in bad weather. But then, he also knew if he told her that telling her that would not end well for him.
/points at not-a-comfy-couch/

“Who travels to another country and doesn’t bring their driver’s license? That’s official government ID, Clark!”
/looks at European officials laughing their combined chumps off at the Monopoly IDs/

But that was a conversation that he wasn’t sure how to have.
Best do it in a phone booth.

When he returned after thankfully another successful rescue, she sat on the bed, ramrod straight, looking as if she would murder the first person who spoke. Which, unfortunately, was him.
Oooh, nice one!

What’s going to happen when we get back to Metropolis without a story?”
PERRY: Honey, even Elvis needed to take a breather on occasion. Here, I have this nice little story on the challenges Princess Muppy faces next week. This should give you a chance to find yourself again.
LOIS: Muppy? Is that a nickname or something?
RALPH: Oh, is Muppy doing another show? Last time, when she lost against that Chihuahua, she was devastated.

and how there was nothing to stop anything from happening between the two of them here in this room.
Jimmy might call?

This time he did reach for her and she let him, meeting his eyes and biting her lip in a way that awakened every cell in his body.
Awwwww /turns off lights/

and I can find something more…romantic for us to do.”
Did he just suggest squeaky sounds?

And yet, his body didn’t seem to be able to move.
And yet it was trying to move a lot just a moment earlier.

“This could get…complicated,” she said, and he saw the way her eyes darted to the bedspread. She was nervous.
No, it’s so simple, even a society columnist can figure it out.

. I’ll even sleep over there on the chair if you want me to.”
laugh

According to precedent, yes.

You make me feel safe. But maybe, for once I don’t want to.
Living dangerous!

“What are you saying?” He asked, his mouth suddenly dry.
Checking out chapels in Glasgow?

They might have to reimburse the Planet for their flights, but he couldn’t think of a single place he’d rather be right now.
Hey, it’s not their fault! /points are Sara/ It’s her fault.

See you in part 5!

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Chapter 5:
She was starting to think that Glasgow might have more to offer than she’d originally thought, which, to be fair, had been something along the lines of incomprehensible accents and seagulls the size of minivans.
laugh

How was she supposed to keep her hands off of him when he was this close and when he looked at her the way he had back in the room only a few hours ago?
Clark could sew her into the sheets?

and not how gorgeous his lips were and how much she wanted him to do something else entirely with them. Or rather, to them.
/points at this not bring marketed as an FTB/

What would he do if he knew how badly she wanted him to touch her?
Run away on a Superman emergency?

. “But I think you’ll like it. Just keep an open mind, okay?”
He’s not going to take her to the finest haggis place in town, is he?

“Clark, I am nothing but open minded,” Lois
Yes, she’s even open to dating aliens.
CAT: That’s not being open-minded, that’s being desperate.

“Clark Kent! Ah cannae believe mah eyes. What are ye doing here?”
Just flying by.

“Aye, joined at the hip, so we are,” Stewart said cheerfully.
So, newlyweds? peep

Stewart was currently working as a graphic designer for a tutoring company
I was reading this with glasses on a subway train, so I just happened to first read this as “torturing company” laugh

Are ye winchin’?
/translates as “boffing”/ dunno if that’s correct, though.

“What’s this then, ye dafty, if no’ a date?”
Breakfastlunchdinner

. “Do either of you know of anything happening here?”
There’s that dino-snake in the lake for one.

“You need tae get this one somewhere romantic an’ just gie him a wee snog!
Lois likes snogging.

What are ye waitin’ for?
For him to stick around for more than thirty minutes.

Clark began to gently run his thumb over her palm – something that sent shivers throughout her body. She tried her best to listen to the story Stewart was telling her, but the way Clark was touching her was making that extremely difficult.
Let’s hope he doesn’t keep that up in the newsroom or Perry will have their heads.

“The pub quiz is th’morra,” Stewart reminded him. “Why no’ come here?”

Clark sat up straight and shook his head. “Oh no, I don’t think that’s a good idea.”
Does not want to be in the middle of a bloodbath?

“Yeah I don’t know,” Clark hesitated. “Lois can get a bit…competitive.”
evil

Were it not for the lack of a story to come back to Metropolis with, Lois would consider this the perfect trip. Especially since Clark was still holding her hand.
Awwwwwwww

We have deep fried Mars bars.”
Ahhhhhhhh

“Alright,” she agreed, meeting Clark’s eyes and sending an entirely different message. “Let’s live dangerously.”
laugh

Another fun part!

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Chapter 6:

Twice that evening alone he’d heard a cry for help and managed to duck out under the guise of having to use the restroom.
Beer does have that effect.

Superman was required to be at the press conference to meet the Queen. How was he going to get away for that?
He could tell Lois that Superman had invited to take Clark to the press conference. I’m sure it would go over well with Lois.

LOIS: splat

And he also knew that he probably should tell her before things got too serious.
Like after the kids got into the kindergarten and before they fly off to college?

But he couldn’t bring himself to do it. Especially not now, when they found themselves walking through a winter-whitened Glasgow city centre, quietly enjoying one another’s company and eagerly anticipating their first date.
/makes chicken sounds/

Awwwwww

He lay there in the darkness long afterward feeling like the world’s luckiest man and the world’s worst coward all at the same time.
He’s Super Chicken!

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

Onward it goes!

Chapter 7
She’d always felt that Clark Kent was an open book and now she was realising that there was still much more to learn.
Just wait till she gets a hold of the author notes!

and spent the bulk of their breakfast trying to brainstorm ideas for something to write on to present to Perry in its place.
A Scottish version of the Kama Sutra?

“Not unless you want to write it on the invention of the deep fried mars bar,” he joked. Lois gave him a side glance.

“Don’t joke,” she told him. “That was one of the best desserts I’ve ever had in my life.
laugh

How have they all not dropped dead of a heart attack?”
Lots of fresh air above and below?

They spent an hour and a half inside the gallery, looking at art and having in-depth conversations over what appealed to them and what didn’t.
Clark goes for the Norman Rockwell Family Home, Lois is more the Punk Death Robot gal.

She’d held back even with Superman.
Sure, a princess in every city and a wife on every home planet.

Lois told him she would take his word for it while silently cursing his metabolism.
I think it was Sue who had Lois calculate how many chocolates bars she could eat after having burned calories with Clark.

“I uh…I think I dropped my watch,” Clark said, looking slightly panicked. “I’m going to go and look for it. I’m pretty sure I had it at the art gallery, but I don’t know what happened after that.”
That’s ambitious! Fresh snow, still falling. Backtracking an entire sightseeing tour.

“Do you want me to come with you?” Lois asked, starting to stand up.

“No!” He exclaimed.
laugh

She was a little taken aback but he amended his tone
Oh, it’s his code for sneaking out to the men’s room in the lobby to take care of his business without exposing Lois to this fact.

mainly because it was hard to run off to Blockbuster or walk your neighbour’s Pomeranian in another country but somehow he’d found a way.
She really needs to have him see a specialist when they get home.

After all, the watch might have had some sentimental value for him.
Lana won it at a country fair on their fourth date.

See you in a moment!
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi again!

Chapter 8
What would she do when she found out? How would she feel about him then?
She already knows about kryptonite, so depends on whether she kept some.

Would she have even wanted to fly with him once she knew his secret? Would she ever want to fly with him again?
Good question. Only one way to find out.

Yet somehow, he couldn’t bring himself to stop. Not when he had everything he wanted.

Not that he really had her. How could he, when she didn’t truly know him?
What Lois hears: Excuse. Excuse. Excuse.

“Clark,” she whispered, though there was nobody to hear them for miles. “Kiss me.”
Awwwwww

And, if his betrayal was too much, he might never have it again.
/points at Superman II/ He has options.

“I guess I was afraid you’d think it a bit weird,” she admitted with a shrug.
Aaaand cut to the Buffy crossover wink

Tomorrow. He would tell her tomorrow. He wanted this one perfect day before he risked it all falling apart.
He does realize that he just wound her up and that they will be sharing a hotel room bed?

If they never had another date, this one would be one he could look back and remember a time when he was truly happy.

His heart was full.
He’s sweet. He’s also a chicken.

Okay, that’s it for today!

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

Chapter 9:
“Ye took her tae a cemetery? Are ye daft? Touched in the head? Do ye no’ want a second date?”
Hey, if they get attacked by vampires, they could have many more dates! /points at Spike and Drusilla/

“Is that where he kissed ye?” Lois’ surprise must have shown because Gemma gave a quiet chuckle. “Ye look like ye’ve been well snogged.”
Eeep! Good thing that’s all they did.

“Numpty?” Lois laughed. She looked at Clark. “That’s not fair. How is numpty a word and chumpy isn’t?”
rotflol

You can’t stand to lose.”

“I can so,” she retorted,
She can’t even lose the argument about losing and argument.

“Well Lois will have current affairs in the bag,”
Except for contemporary crime. She can’t recognize a crime boss if he puts a ring on her finger.

unable to hide the admittedly tiny competitive streak that surged up
/inserts aerial shot of 16-lane LA freeway/

She had even declared as much to him last year before she’d married Lex, though Clark didn’t know the particulars of that.
Eeeeehhhhh /makes wavy hand gesture/

LOIS: confused

“Simple,” Rob said with a grin. “Naebody goes oot wi’ a get-up like that unless his Mammy made it. Plus, as Gemma already illustrated, it means nobody is lookin’ at his face.”
laugh Cute!

. Still, she couldn’t let people think that Americans didn’t know their trivia.
*blinks*

It didn’t help that the questions focused mostly on British pop culture and Lois found herself realising she knew next to nothing about the television, movies and music from the UK.
What about that show about the time traveling spy? That episode where he dressed in a leather catsuit was ballers!

[Linked Image]
image to url
supposedly glamorous life they lived in Metropolis.
Rats everywhere. Rats as tall as men. Congested traffic. Aliens. Kidnappings almost daily.

Superman had been a fantasy but Clark was the reality and she decided she preferred reality.
So, no role playing “the reporting damsel and the mightiest hero?”?

Lois knew exactly what she wanted, as she had been thinking about it all day.
Belly shots with Clark?

“You guys should try these,” Lois said when they delivered hers and she had taken her first bite. She had to stop herself from moaning out loud, but something in her reaction sparked a heated look from Clark which she tried to ignore for now.
/recommends Nibbling At by The Little Tornado/ it’s a story about a Clark Bar.

“Maybe we should do a story on them after all,” Clark said and Lois noticed he was only half joking.
Maybe the bistro on the Daily Planet’s ground floor could start carrying them?

Lois’ team let out a collective ‘whoop’ and before Lois knew it, Clark was kissing her. Deeply. Passionately. And without any regard for those around them who were suddenly cheering for an entirely different reason.
He’s never gonna convince her now that winning at all costs is a bad idea.

She didn’t know what was going to happen once they returned to Metropolis, but here in this place, everything was perfect.
Well…

See you in the next chapter!

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Chapter 10

beside his suitcase, the top of it lifted wide open. In her arms she was holding his suit…the suit.
Clark! The maid could have found it!

MAID: Oh, those Americans and their games. /puts suit back with two fingers/

She looked over at the suit and then away again. He felt a little bit stunned at her admission. Never in a million years did he think she would be angry at herself for rejecting him. Humiliated, yes, but mad at herself?
It’s an unexpected turn of events.

And I know we’re here, and we have this beautiful room and this bed, but I don’t know if I’m ready to —”
Don’t worry. He tends to run at the first sign of female interest.

“I think we should write about the Mars bars…I really liked the Mars bars.”
laugh Very sweet ending!

/rushes off to the epilogue/

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!

And now for the…

Epilogue
In truth, she’d gone with the idea she’d had for a story about Glasgow’s unique character and used the Mars bars as an illustration of both the quirkiness and innovation she’d seen in the city.
Page One headline: New deep fried desert discovered in Europe!

“I know it seems odd,” Clark argued, “but we both feel it’s a good story.”
The Cardiology Society of America will have a coronary.

You sure I shouldn’t have you two in the travel section?”
evil

laugh

“On it,” Lois assured him. She and Clark left the office and made it all the way to the elevators, before he took her in his arms and kissed her deeply enough for Lois to feel it all through her body.
So much for that secret.

“You better have a quote ready for me, farmboy
Competing reporter: I swear to you, the number of quotes she gets from Superman, she must be sleeping with the guy.

Want:
-An exotic location
-The Superman costume
-Clark using his powers as Clark
clap

This was a great scenic piece you did! clap

And this concludes our coverage of this year’s Christmas Ficathon!

wave Michael

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love this story! It’s fun, entertaining and educational plus I adored your characterizations of Lois and Clark. I liked that Lois didn’t get mad when she discovered that Clark was Superman.

Your descriptions of what Lois and Clark were seeing and doing made me feel like I was there. I’ve never tried fried Mars bars before but now I want to.

Thanks for a terrific fic and for making me smile! I needed this today!

Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Sara!

And now for the…

Epilogue
In truth, she’d gone with the idea she’d had for a story about Glasgow’s unique character and used the Mars bars as an illustration of both the quirkiness and innovation she’d seen in the city.
Page One headline: New deep fried desert discovered in Europe!

“I know it seems odd,” Clark argued, “but we both feel it’s a good story.”
The Cardiology Society of America will have a coronary.

You sure I shouldn’t have you two in the travel section?”
evil

laugh

“On it,” Lois assured him. She and Clark left the office and made it all the way to the elevators, before he took her in his arms and kissed her deeply enough for Lois to feel it all through her body.
So much for that secret.

“You better have a quote ready for me, farmboy
Competing reporter: I swear to you, the number of quotes she gets from Superman, she must be sleeping with the guy.

Want:
-An exotic location
-The Superman costume
-Clark using his powers as Clark
clap

This was a great scenic piece you did! clap

And this concludes our coverage of this year’s Christmas Ficathon!

wave Michael

I am SO sorry I didn't see all your FDK earlier! But getting caught up on it in one go had me chuckling out loud for quite a while so THANK YOU for taking the time to read this and leave all these comments! It really did make my day!

-Angel
Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by Songbird
I love this story! It’s fun, entertaining and educational plus I adored your characterizations of Lois and Clark. I liked that Lois didn’t get mad when she discovered that Clark was Superman.

Your descriptions of what Lois and Clark were seeing and doing made me feel like I was there. I’ve never tried fried Mars bars before but now I want to.

They really are quite a weird desert. But not quite as weird as Morton's well fired rolls. If I had been able to work those in, I totally would have! Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them!

-Angel
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Originally Posted by lovetvfan
Originally Posted by Songbird

They really are quite a weird desert. But not quite as weird as Morton's well fired rolls. If I had been able to work those in, I totally would have! Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them!

I had to google Morton’s well fired rolls. I think the crispy roll would be more to my taste but I wish you had been able to work them into the fic. You never know, maybe you’ll be able to work them in to another story.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard