Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
lol, Dave! That was great! But, hey! The Flash is no second stringer... *pout* Gotta give you Aquaman, though. wink

Great job. Love your take on the challenge! (And boy, you know your comics origins... laugh )

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
The "Super" Market!! LOL!!!

You're good, Dave thumbsup Nice story, and lots of fun!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Merriwether
Merriwether
confused

thumbsup

clap

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
really good.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
This isn't just good, Dave. (Though it is that!) It's important. You have put your finger on the issue that nags at me whenever I read JL comics. Namely, some victims of global disaster really get the shaft when the superheroes get their assignments.

Paul (a close friend) and I can avidly and easily discuss the simple stuff-- religion, politics, philosophy of life. But when it comes to Flash... Well. I hate to toss flames, but our Hat-Wearing friend is just... wrong.

Thank you, Dave, for being brave enough to bring this issue forward. And for doing so in your own unique, fun, fluid, wonderful style. I'm a big fan!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This was adorable, Dave! I'll never be able to think of the word "supermarket" in quite the same way again!

And the Flash, yeah... was he the one who was struck by lightning? Or did he get some funny chemicals on him? Or was that Spiderman? Heck, who can remember them all? (Was it the Joker who fell into the vat of toxic waste? And hey, who is the hero who can sneeze hurricanes?)

Anyway, Dave.... You managed to make CC comment on your story. 'Nuff said!!!

Ann

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
CC... *ahem* Didn't we hash this out already ?

Flash is a lot more powerful than he seems at first glance.

(Of course, you're used to Wally, who was deliberately made less powerful because Barry was way too powerful to be able to write, but I digress.)

Ann, as far as I remember:

Flash was working in his lab when it was struck by lightning and the resulting accident gave him his powers.

Spider-man is also the result of a lab accident, and I'm pretty sure there are other heroes who were struck by lightning.

The vat of toxic waste applies to several heroes, as well. That is the Joker's origin, but he's a villain. I'm sure there are several heroes who did something of the kind, but the one who comes most prominently to my mind is New Jersey's first super hero, flagship character of NYC-based B-movie Troma studios, The Toxic Avenger! ("Toxie" to his friends.)

Everyone knows who breathes underwater (and has the amazing power to talk to fish!), but I'm not quite sure about digging really fast. The only one who comes to mind offhand is Freedom Force 's The Ant . (He's "ant-tastic!" He's also the game's answer to Spider-Man. He uses his digging abilities to burrow for safety, surprise enemies, and get around obstacles).

Yelling really loudly is the primary power of the JLA's Black Canary and the X-men's Banshee , among others. (Other characters, like the alternate future Green Goblin also have a sonic attack as a secondary power.)

Sneezing hurricanes is a new one on me, though. (But there are characters, such as Red Tornado is the ability to generate hurricanes (or, more properly, tornadoes).

Anyway, great job again, Dave!

I wonder if anyone else came up with an interesting interpretation of the theme (there are a few more possibilities...).

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ah, thanks, Paul! Imagine, me being a long-time comic book fan, and then I just can't remember these superheroes... (but then, I only ever really, really loved Superman anyway). Oh, and... thanks a billion for telling me about that "ant-astic" superhero!!! goofy

Ann

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Oh, that was awesome! clap

rotflol

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Okay... I'm really not sure how I should reply here. Comic origins? Important issues? The Flash?

Yep... entirely on purpose. Wasn't just plucking random ideas and half remembered stories... nope, I was making a statement. wink

Anyway, thanks, everyone for the comments. smile

Anyway, Dave.... You managed to make CC comment on your story. 'Nuff said!!!
I wonder if CC realises that she is sliced bread? wink

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Merriwether
Merriwether
OH that was clever!!!
laugh thumbsup
Totally fab!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I wonder if CC realises that she is sliced bread?.
No!! CC is not sliced bread! Sliced bread is overrated! CC, on the contrary, deserves all the credit she gets... and more than that, actually.

(Um, okay, I'm shutting up.)

See ya,
AnnaBtG. (who refuses to believe there aren't things of higher importance than sliced bread.)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Dave

This is great. ROTFL!! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Dave!

I'm late to the party!

No, no, no, no, no!

She sighed, rubbed her eyes, and dropped the latest application on top of her rapidly growing, almost toppling, can you really believe this lot, ‘not a chance’ pile.

The standards really had dropped in the past 20 years.
Lois fielding requests for her patronage of the latest CostMart or LexPrize?

The next file was rather slim, and she held little hope as she flicked open the cover. A thin file usually meant nothing worth mention. A short resume, a headshot, a family history, maybe a few samples of their work… Generally, nothing spectacular. Usually, nothing wort…
Oh, she’s interviewing processional caregivers for the heir of the First Lord of Krypton.

Jon: Mo-om…!

She blinked. Hardly believing her eyes. A direct descendent of Superman? Third generation, barely pulled on her tights, but… a direct descendent? Applying for a placement in *her* country? Her, out of the way, anything but glamorous country?
Ooooh! /Gets popcorn/ also, with The Boys now on Prime…

The heroes who’d fallen into vats of toxic waste.
laugh

Heroes who’d been struck by lightening.
WWWW: wave

When countries like Latvia went to the Super Market, they didn’t come back with heroes who were Super.
rotflol
Maybe there was an inappropriate college incident and the supe is now non-communicable via social media.

She was going to the Super Market…
Very funny! Now, what’s the rest of the story here?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard