Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#296828 07/02/23 03:45 PM
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hope you all enjoy this fix-it fic. The plot bunny refused to let me not write it :P
Let me know your thoughts please cool

Chapter 1: Ownership

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I like what you have so far, though I have no idea what it is even fixing. I'm still stuck in Season 1 and may or may not write another fic for that Season.

I agree with you that Clark's parenting is portrayed in an infuriating manner. I mean, you'd believe he of all people should know what it's like to be an outsider.

But I guess we're always have Dean Cain's Clark in mind and Tyler Hoechlin's character is different in some aspects. I believe that's also due to his early adulthood spent in the Fortress. He missed a lot of socializing. Since his Dad died, he might also lack the role model of how to be a good parent to an adolescent.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
1 member likes this: Ultra Woman
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That went better than in the show. I guess Jordan being so sttuborn and defiant is taking a toll on Clark. Having a rebellious teen is bad enough, but having a super powered rebellious teen takes things to a whole new level. Jordan's behaviour has the potential to ruin the entire family's life. As he didn't make any progress with Jordan, he thought it would be easier helping Jon. Clark has a simpler way of seeing things. He grew up on the farm, the typical farm boy. And he expects the boys to see things like he did, react like he did, but they had a different upbring and things changed a lot. As when he invited the boys to spend time with him because "he loved spending time with his mother". Or when he didn't think anything wrong about Jon and his girlfriend being alone at home because he "didn't think about it when he was their age". Clark is ingenuous and innocent in a lot of ways and I guess it makes it harder to him to see that his sons aren't like him and that times have changed.
On the other hand, Clark may have realized that Jonathan is better than expected. He seems to be progressing, while Jordan is regressing. Good thing there's fanfic. It's going to be a long wait until the next season.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
bakasi - It's just fixing another parenting blunder the show is becoming famous for. And yeah, I completely agree with you. And good point about how being at the fortress might have impacted him, but yeah, him knowing how it feels to be an outsider at bare minimum would have provided him common sense and prevented him from making some of the mistakes in the show....

Ultra Woman - Yeah, Jordan is really infuriating at times.... Clark's innocence make sense, as you've pointed out in how he hadn't considered certain things, but I still think his responses to the twins at times have been poor and make no sense. I think the show sometimes confuses naivety with stupidity. They are not the same thing. So yeah, thank goodness for fanfic. I think we can keep Clark's ingenuous innocence and have him also be a good parent drool

Next part will be up shortly ^_^

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard