Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually what I was going for was the idea that the techs might have the plans in their heads for gadgets, but it would take some time for the infrastructure to even be built to support them. And knowing that, you might choose which technologies to emphasis and which ones to wait - You need the ability to make steel for a plow, but you might want to hold off on building a tractor factory if you can breed oxen or horses to pull that plow. You want the loom, but you don't need a computer controlled jaquard loom. So it's going to be a society with some very primitive aspects and some very complex (and very breakable) aspects. Trade with other worlds could help replenish their tech, but they might be also facing the prospect of becoming a 'third world' nation planet - exporting agricultural and craft products and living off the charity of more advanced worlds.

(For my own version, the complicating factor was that the original colony had fully expected to have support from the home planet for the advanced tech and not only did that fail, but they were stuck with a thousand or so aristocrats they couldn't just ignore as much as they wanted to.)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Dandello:
Actually what I was going for was the idea that the techs might have the plans in their heads for gadgets, but it would take some time for the infrastructure to even be built to support them.
Excellent point. I was thinking for building up the infrastructure by having Clark, in his Lord Kal El role, arrange for the recruiting and transportation of Terrans to New Krypton. A huge influx of people to help fill those vacant niches.

Since in canon, we know next to nothing about New Krypton. Really not more than a few words...
from "Battleground Earth"
NOR:"Can we think that barren wasteland we live on is preferable to the lushness of Earth?"
I can make it out that New Krypton could with work become a fine place.

Originally posted by ccmalo:
and whether or not 'works with words for a living' Kent could be the messiah. Bernie Klein maybe, and I'll still argue that Jimmy has huge potential.
Folks like Klein need someone to hold their leash. They tend to get sidetracked by interesting little puzzles.

Framework4
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Bump

Framework4
Features Writer
Features Writer
In my fic, Investigate: Keeper Pt 2, there were roughly 1000 survivors who colonized New Krypton and by the time they find Clark, it's about ~1300 or so.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard