Next Thread
Print Thread
#130173 12/26/05 11:22 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Wendy Richards has a cute story about Superman being seen with a wedding ring on his finger.
<http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories2/ringonfi.txt>

It takes place after Lois & Clark are married. I was wondering WHAT IF it had happen in the early days.

Suppose that one of those times Lois & Clark were posing as a married couple Clark forgets to take off the ring and is caught on film wearing it.

Superman might not comment on it but than again he might just tell people that his marital status has not changed. smile

He could point out that wedding rings are not a custom of his homeland. Or maybe Cat Grant asks him if his people use wedding rings..

Oh what fun I'm having thinking of Lois's reaction!

Now Superman is Off limits to woman everywhere and any look of love directed at her by Superman will make her think Superman is just like Sam Lane!

Patrick

Framework4
#130174 12/26/05 11:45 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I love that story of Wendy too.

Back at your challenge. The story I'm currently writing (I began in October) is almost about that. I don't use the "ring" thing but I definitely explore the Lois's reaction to a presumed married Superman in the beginning of season two, when she and Superman were close. The title will be "Superman's wife": that say it all.

I wrote almsot half of the story in November, when Wendy started a topic to push the writer to finish their story. Unlickily, I haven't had much time to write more than a thousand of word in December, but I think I will be able to post before the end of January anyway. Or if I still lack of time, maybe in February.

I hope you will enjoy the way I treated Lois's reaction in that story when I'll start to post it.

#130175 12/27/05 05:37 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
I'll look forward to it. smile

Framework4
#130176 01/03/06 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me too. Let me know when it's posted.......

#130177 04/12/06 07:08 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Yes, I know. We're in April, that's kind of late compared to my claim to post in January or February. I'm very sorry about that. You know how real life is: I didn't have time to write in January nor in the first half of February, and my muses took a vacation for the rest of February and March, when I had plenty of time.

The good news is that I started to write again, and even if I'm still not finished, I'm advanced enough in the story to start to post it.

So you can look in the fanfic section for the first part of "Superman's Wife". I hope you'll enjoy my story.

F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
This thread resurfacing reminded me of Poussin's story, Superman's Wife, which I read a while back. I had to track it down and re-read it. It's really great, with good characterizations and emotions. In case anyone else is interested, here's a link to the TOC.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Bump

Framework4
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F