Print Thread
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
[Linked Image]*

The Metropolis Star suddenly has all the latest news and the Planet's sales are struggling. Lois' old college roommate, Linda, is working for the Star and takes a fancy to Clark. After a fight with Lois, Clark begins working at the Star with his new partner, Linda. However, all is not as it seems when 'accidents' seem too conveniently timed.

According to some trivia I stumbled across, the original Clark Kent worked for the Daily Star, modeled after the Toronto Daily Star as a nod to the co-creator Joe Shuster's hometown of Toronto. When the comic gained international distribution the newspaper Clark works for was changed to be the Daily Planet.

- Favourite scene
- Favourite quote
- Fanfic reccomendations

*Banner by CarrieRene

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fics:
The Whole Truth by Sue S.
And Nothing But The Truth by Sue S.

Favorite scene:
Hmm…I think the bathroom sniping by Lois and Linda and Lois scrubbing her grout and Lois catching Clark and Perry in flagrante are probably the funniest bits that also give story material

Quotes:
PERRY: Lois, Clark, shake some tail.
PERRY: What in the Sam Hill am I supposed to tell my publisher.
LOIS: You will not be picking me up. I’ll meet you there at seven.
LOIS: Did I say ‘me’? I meant ‘us’,
LOIS (about the Elevator accident being staged): Do you know what this means? I can scoop Linda!
LINDA: Speaking of bodies, your partner has a great one. Talk about buns of steel..

Details:
Linda sends her story live to the rewrite desk via mobile phone. Question though: It’s a newspaper, it doesn’t matter if the story comes in an hour earlier or later (unless it’s the printing deadline).
The Fudge Castle is mentioned by Lois.
Daily Planet Board cuts expense accounts to save money.
Lois and Linda snipe at each other in the ladies’ room.
Perry once put his fist through the conference room wall.

wave Michael

/closes own WIP about The Rival after updating some minor details/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
The high ankle white runners with ruffle down socks Clark wears at the beginning are a flashback in fashion!

Bo is wearing a Nike shirt. Was he sponsored by Nike? I think it's the first time we see a product placement in the series.

Metropolitan - name of a hotel in the city.

Linda says it's been six years from graduation putting Lois at 28? (assuming 4 years of university).

We learn about Paul and how Lois thought a great story would help this guy fall for her. Linda steals the story and Paul begins to date Linda. Lois says Paul dumped her implying there was more to that relationship than just a crush.

Lois blows up when Clark asks if she's worried Linda is trying to steal a guy again. She tries to cover with the 'you are my partner' spiel. Does Lois acknowledge her feelings for Clark on a small scale at this point?

Linda mentions Paul's last name (Bender?)

I'm presuming the story was published the following day and Linda has already taken a new job, already having sold the story of Preston's fall. There should be a follow up fic where Lois sees the movie with Linda playing her...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/psst/ Toomi: the fic recs above are about the movie smile1 I may also have a wip on my drive...
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
/psst/ Toomi: the fic recs above are about the movie smile1 I may also have a wip on my drive...
wave Michael

Ooooh! shock

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard