Print Thread
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
[Linked Image]*

A convicted murderer escapes and convinces Lois of his innocence. Lois investigates to find the real murderer.

- The Ides of March is the 15th of March, and on this day in 44BC, Caesar was assassinated ("Beware the ides of March." Act 2 Scene 1, Julius Caesar, Shakespeare). This episode is the 15th of the season, though sadly it didn't air on the 15th of March.

-Favourite scene
-Favourite quote
-Any fanfiction suggestions

This will be the last of the rewatch for the 2022 year! Will return with the next episode on January 8th, 2023. Have a happy holiday season smile

*Banner by CarrieRene

Last edited by Toomi8; 12/19/22 03:50 PM.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Favorite Moment:
Actually, all that LnC banter and moments. I never remembered much of the episode and it wasn’t covered by that many fics, either, so what remained got divvied up between Witness and Operation Blackout. Which means I was pleasantly surprised just how much B-plot there was.

Quotes:
PERRY is telling an Elvis story about how Priscilla left Elvis in February of 1972.

LOIS: Chief, I’m not in the mood for another Elvis yarn.
PERRY: You’re not in the mood for another Elvis yarn?

LOIS: Tell me the biggest secret you have. Something you have never told anyone.
CLARK: Why?
LOIS: Because I’m about to tell you mine. And I need blackmail material.

LOIS: You’re my partner, right?
CLARK: When it’s convenient for you, yes.

LOIS (to Clark): Leave the truth and justice stuff to Superman.

CLARK: Oh. You do know.
LOIS: How do you know?
PERRY: It's better you don't know. 'Course, I don't know officially. But, let's face it. If a man in my position _didn't_ know, unofficially, then, well, he wouldn't be a man in my position.
LOIS: So, now that you know, unofficially, are you going to tell anyone else that you, you know, know?
PERRY: No. I just wanted you to know.
CLARK: Thank you, sir. I feel much better knowing that you know.
LOIS: Me, too.
PERRY: There is something I'd like you know, though.
LOIS: What's that?
PERRY: The minute you step outside that door, I no longer know. And I don't want to know anything else worth... knowing... in the future.

LOIS: Clark, men and women lie to each other all the time. It's a national pastime. Sometimes it's okay to lie.
CLARK: It's never okay.
LOIS: So, you've never lied to me?
CLARK: I didn't say that. I said, it's not okay. Besides, we're talking husbands and wives here. I just happen to think that it's always better to tell the truth, get everything out in the open.
LOIS: So, you're saying you'll never lie to your wife, assuming someone is crazy enough to say ‘I do’ to you.
CLARK: That's right.
LOIS: Okay, here's the scene. Your loving wife of twenty years has spent the entire day at the beauty shop. Dyed her hair red, got it cut... all to please you. Except she looks ghastly. She stands there when you open the front door, so hopeful... and says 'Honey, do you like it?' What do you do?
CLARK: My wife would know I love her the way she is. Why would she dye her hair red?
CLARK: Okay. I'd... tell her the truth. That I love her, that I liked her hair better before, but that, if she's happy with it, that's the important thing.
LOIS: Poor woman.
CLARK: Who?
LOIS: Your wife. She's married to Mr. Right. Mr. _Always_ Right.

Details:
Lois was covering the murder trial for months. And yet, in Season Four, her murder trial just takes days, perhaps a week or two. I guess that’s how you define progress?

Lois has two tickets for the 50 yard line which she uses to bribe a guard. Interestingly enough, she is frustrated that she has to take those out which implies she didn’t buy them to use as a bribe.

Jonathan is in Metropolis. Thinks Martha has an affair.

Detective Reed has her day on the screen. I think she does show up in a couple of fics.

Lois’s Jeep is back. Plate: “KMT 634”

Martha is taking a live drawing class.

The episode is set around Jan. 18th (Paper No. 18) (Minute 7:50)

LOIS: It’s okay to have an affair if your husband is a brutal sociopath.
(Clark is arguing against it. Also, it re-affirms that her father didn’t cheat in the Season One timeline. She’s way too accepting of affairs for her to have been scarred by it)

LOIS: Swear it on the lives of your future grandchildren. (It’s funny, considering they will also be hers)

Daily Planet conference room with the partitioned desk is indeed labeled “Conference room” by a small plaque under the window.

Martha and Jonathan have been married for almost 30 years.

Lex is shooting clay pigeons. Eventually he misses one and it hits a pedestrian. Lex has the lawyers take care of it.

Lex kisses Lois’s cheek and touches Lois’s waist as he leads her back into his office.

Lois’s password: “Superman”

The Ides of Metropolis virus is spreading during a time when the Internet wasn’t really established. And yet, it affects LexCom, the Daily Planet and Lois’s computer. And many others. It’s either computer magic or there’s a much more established Internet in LnC timeline.

Lois and Det. Reed are placed in a trash compactor straight out of Star Wars.

Lois’s bouncy hair is acknowledged.

Clark admits to not telling Lois his greatest secret when he tells her that his mother may have an affair.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Not my least favourite of the season, but close to the bottom of the list. I'm not a fan of the Reid/Lois interactions. They are over the top and cliched, which I'm sure was intended, but it's jarring for me to watch.

The MASSIVE shoulder pads on Lois' red blazer at the beginning cracks me up, almost as much as the ridiculous hair Detective Reid has.

When Clark wakes up and his Dad is making breakfast, Clark's hair is gelled. It would have been nice to see un-styled hair or bed head wink

Lois has a large fiddle leaf fig (?) in the corner of her apartment. Fake? Or the one plant she hasn't killed lately?

Ah, Lex and the clay pigeons. I'd forgotten this was in this episode. He's obviously got sway with the law enforcement as I'm sure you can't be discharging weapons from your penthouse...

Have Lois and Lex started dating yet? He kisses her with familiarity, but there's still some awkwardness on Lois' part that suggests they're not yet.

Laderman says "Lois was right! The play's the thing!" which is from my favourite Shakespeare play, Hamlet. (The play's the thing/Wherein I'll catch the conscience of the King.)

Reid gets her fake nail from 'LexAid' (LexAide?).

The garbage compactor mirroring the Star Wars scene...

Lex's hair seems longer (curlier) than other episodes?

How long did Lois puzzle over what Clark's biggest secret was? Did she ask him every day for a month and slowly forget?

Lois: You're my partner, right?
Clark: Only when it's convenient for you...

Favourite scene: The 'I know, but I don't know' scene with Perry in the office.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Plants: She also has a ton of plants in her bathroom, so it seems that only her one office plant is dried out.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard