Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Lois witnesses a murder and after her story is published, she becomes the target. Can Clark keep her safe from a killer who can make himself look like anyone?

-Favourite moment
-Favourite quote
-Fanfic recommendations

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Favorite scene:
I think actually the one with Cat and Lois (see the quote)

Fics:
I couldn’t have done Hell Hath No Fury… if not for the potency plant.

Plot bunnies:
Lois's dead plant has "Lois, water me" on a sign stuck to it. What's the story behind it?

Quotes:
CLARK: Wait a minute. Are you planning to exploit your femininity..?
LOIS: ... to get the story of one of the strangest and most reclusive scientists of our time? You bet.

PERRY: Don’t suck up Jimmy. I don’t like it.

CLARK: You’re really high maintenance, you know that?
LOIS: But I’m worth it.

LOIS: Why is it so important to you that I admit how scared I was?
CAT: It just makes you more human. (beat) Okay. I write as well as you do, I'm more fun at parties. But you're the star here -- the chief's favorite. In on all the action. And when you get in trouble, look who's hanging around to come to the rescue -- not _only_ a cute guy, but also a god with a cape...
LOIS: But...
CAT: Excuse me. You asked, I am answering. You've got something the rest of us don't have, Lois. So it would be nice if for once, just once, you could admit that you have bad days, problems, and_fears_ just like the rest of us.
LOIS: Cat. I was scared. . . a lot.

Details:
Lois & Clark at a golf driving range in the opening. Lois drives 250

Vincent Winninger is quite openly checking out Lois, when she’s not looking. Later, touches her knee.

Superman explains he can sense when someone close to him is in trouble. Says it’s almost psychic.

School kid suggests during Superman appearance they could set up a light signal in the sky (like the one in Gotham). Other kid calls this a stupid idea. Which means Batman’s not real.

This is the Christmas Episode for Season One. On the street, people are carrying Christmas themed bags and wrapped packages. Christmas deco is on the street. Lois and the newsroom have small Christmas trees.

Inspector Henderson shows up again. Is on first name basis with Lois (rather, Henderson with Lois, she uses Inspector).

Lois uses ‘Kent’ again when she sarcastically dismisses his help as a cheap come on. In the next sentence she’s back to ‘Clark’.

Lois’s door has 4 deadbolts and a door chain. She also has an alarm panel next to the door.

Lois gets breathy again talking to Superman when he visits her apartment. Takes off her scrunchie and fluffs her hair.

Superman tells Lois he has a life and errands to run. And that he always reads her work. She likes this detail

S.T.A.R. Labs is mentioned again.

Lois is sleeping with Clarkie Bear from Smallville.

Lois has tons of plants in her bathroom. She has a shower cabin. Her kitchen and her bathroom have the same cabinets.

For fun: At minute 30:15 we get a great shot of Metropolis. It looks a lot like downtown LA.

Minute 31:18: Lois’s kinda dead plant has a sign stuck to it: “Lois, water me”

Lois shows up at Clark’s after getting rattled by Barbara Trevino

Lois actively hands her coat to Clark to help her put it on.

This episode has the plant for increased male potency.

Clark’s coffee mug has playing cards on it.

Minute 39:30: Storeroom #2 at the Daily Planet. It’s roughly at the same spot as the one from the Pilot, but the door has no window. The size looks different and there’s different stuff, so it could be separate rooms. The one with the glass door is labeled “Storage Room”, the one with the opaque door is labeled “Storeroom”.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Well, I'm not so sure about the Batman thing. I believe to recall a moment in Season 4, episode 6 where the impression is given Batman is real there... Could be a continuity issue, or it's like in some of the versions where Batman is not considered real by everyone in the beginning depsite he is.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There was also the 1960's Batmobile in Don't Tug on Superman's Cape (Season 3, Episode 6) and in I think WHALTTA (Season 3, Episode 1) Clark shot back at Lois that they didn't hear her in Gotham when she called him Superman.

Yeah, back in Season 1, I would say it's been just meant as a random Batman mention / making Superman real and Batman fake and the rest is continuity. Then again, between those two occurrences, we have Tempus showing up for the first time and who knows what he mucked up back in 1963 in Smallville laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
-At the magazine rack at the beginning, Barbara Trevino picks up a magazine titled 'Tempo' which has a similar looking layout to 'Time.' At 3:47 there is an Entertainment magazine behind her that has Trump's face on it, with a GQ next to it with Liam Neeson as the cover. Was unable to find publishing dates for those, but it suggests the magazine rack behind her isn't full of fake props.
-There's Christmas decorations out, yet at the beginning of the episode they were golfing, trees had leaves on them, and the birds were singing away. Given where Metropolis is theoretically situated, while golfing could be possible, the leaves wouldn't be on the trees in December!
-When Lois revives in Clark's arms, she asks him to stay. Again, thinking on the progression of their relationship this, for me, is the moment where things really change for her. Instead of sending Clark off to find the story, she's scared and needing Clark for comfort. At that point she's not faking bravado but allowing Clark to be there for her.
-I don't like the 'game' Superman plays using Lois as a target. Why wouldn't he fly up to Finn and melt the gun instead of putting Lois in danger?
-In the overhead shot at the Planet, Jimmy's desk is metal while Lois and Clark's are wooden. There are some desks in the background (while Lois is doing her expose, one is behind her) that are also metal.

Overall this is one of my favourite episodes as Lois relents a little and allows herself to be vulnerable around Clark more than once.

Plot bunny.... What could have happened if one of Lois' neighbours sees Superman leaving her apartment by the door?

My favourite scene is when Lois asks Clark to stay after the attack. In close second is when Lois jokes about Clark being her protector in front of Perry and Clark walks into his desk.

Favourite Quote: "Clark, you can drop the Kevin Costner protecting Whitney Houston bit. We're in the Planet. We're safe now." (Why? Because I adore that movie.)
in close second: Clark: "You are really high maintenance you know."
Lois: "But I'm worth it."

Columnist
Columnist
By way the person that teaches golf to Clark at the beginning is a real golfer - Phil Mickelson.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard