Print Thread
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
[Linked Image]*

Superman heads into space to destroy an asteroid on a collision course with Earth, but doesn't return. Meanwhile, Clark comes down with a case of amnesia. Will Superman return in time to finish the mission and save Earth?

- This episode is a remake of the 1953 Superman (staring George Reeves) called 'Panic in the Sky.'
- First appearance of Richard Belzer as Henderson.

Favourite scene
Favourite quote
Fanfic recommendations

*Banner by CarrieRene

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fanfics:
When the Sky Falls by Bobbart
After Nightfall by Bobbart
Nightfall Honeymoon by Virgina R.
Faustian Bargain by Sue S.
Many more (see fanfic database)

Favorite Line / scene:
Probably the whole memory-recovery-bit ending with Lois triggering Clark’s happy thought.

Quotes:
LOIS: You know Perry, you’re only as good as today’s story.
LOIS: I can be patient (Henderson doesn’t think so)

LOIS: Kill or be killed.
Clark: Lois, you’re talking about war. This is journalism.
LOIS: Your problem is that you think there is a difference.

PERRY: Jimmy, you sit your fanny down in front of that door…
PERRY: Jimmy, I’m a give-order mode, not discuss-mode.

Details:
Minute 1: There is coffee cart in front of the DP. The owner knows Lois & Clark by sight.
Lois takes her coffee as Short nonfat milk and decaf, no foam, no sugar, no whip. (Why is Lois having decaf in the morning?)
Clark takes his coffee as Grande latte, full caf, whole milk, three sugars.
Cat has her own office with a locked door.
Superman encourages Lois’s crush on him: I’ll be back. We’ll go flying.
Superman touches Lois’s hair/cheek in his signature touch in full view of TV cameras. Lois follows up by kissing him. The press keeps focused on the somber istuation, not on the fact that Lois kissed Superman goodbye.
Superman told Eprad guys he can hold his breath for 20 minutes.
Eprad Command Center is located in a building that looks a lot like the Griffith Observatory.
How does Superman speak with Eprad while not wearing a helmet in space? He doesn’t wear a throat mic.
Lois admits that she and Clark are full reporting partners / a team.
Cat tries to convince Clark they’re a couple. Morally questionable but par for the course behavior at the Daily Planet
Lois tells Clark that Metro Cabbies can’t drive and can’t be trusted with keeping you safe
Henderson shows up again. This is the first time in his classic incarnation
Asabi is back
Perry was in Beirut in 1982
Jimmy and Clark visit a medium trying to find Superman, she’s the real deal.
Lex’s bunker was originally built to withstand a nuclear attack
Jimmy gets to write his first story (Superman is alive). Eventually, partnered with Lois on the story to make good copy.
Perry started as a copy boy at the Daily Planet
Clark when to Midwest University
Lois describes her family as mom and dad even acted like they cared about each other. From the conversation you get the idea that Sam and possibly Ellen don’t live in Metropolis any longer. Probably, neither does Lucy.
Lois is Clark’s happy thought for remembering his memory.
Lois tells Clark she loves him. She pauses and amends: Like a brother. The second part feels like she is covering her own feelings, perhaps her own realization at the vocalized thought.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I’ve been wanting to “catch up” on the rewatch posts and participate more but just haven’t found the time! But I had a moment right now and saw that it was this episode most recently!! It’s probably one of my favorites! And mostly I have to comment because one of my all time favorite fics is for this ep!!

An Affair to Remember and its Epilogue by David! They’re so lovely and full of feels! And not too long either if you’re looking for a quick feel-good story!

Then…I suppose I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention another favorite ASU story…even though it’s a shameless self-promotion…but I do quite love my own Super Shook Up (which is not on the archive yet after all these years because I am ridiculous and forgetful lol).

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Episode 13 will be late! My apologies. I’m flying back from Montreal tonight and won’t have time once I get home. I had planned on asking someone who has offered to help but I completely forgot until now, and it turns out they’ve had a massive power outage so we’ll just be a day late.

Sorry!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No worries on my end. Thanks for the update. For me, it's just about knowing where to shelve things if I'm ahead and I figured that one out by now smile

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
-A solar eclipse caused by an asteroid? Nope. Makes my head hurt.
-Perry tells Jimmy to '...sit your fanny down...' I wonder how that phrase went over with the British population?
-Richard Belzer's first appearance as Inspector Henderson. I really liked him in this role.
-Why didn't Lois take Clark back to his house to get clothes! Instead he goes to the Planet in dirty leftovers.
-I don't like Cat taking advantage of Clark's memory loss... makes my skin crawl a bit.
-Lois admits they're 'close' but not 'close close.' In the progression of the series, the first time (I think....) that Lois shows affection is GGOH, and now after some pheromone induced frolicking followed by some Honeymoon Suite snogging, Lois is admitting they're 'close.'
-When Lex tells Lois that three years is a long time without 'companionship,' it's right after he claims to care about her. I'm stuck on the thought that Lex never allowed himself to feel love for anyone before the pheromone forced him to and now he's obsessed, but trying to control his obsession. Rather than admit his weakness that he's not only attracted to Lois for pure physical pleasure, he proposes a deal; her safety and survival after the asteroid in exchange for sex. A typical slimy Luthor move.
-I feel sorry for Cat during the confessional. She's admitting to loneliness and it makes me feel like I need to write her some friends.
-I had forgotten Lois said she loves Clark like a brother in this episode.

There's a fic that's on the fringes of my memory (hah!) where Clark's parents didn't make it to Metropolis and Lois stays with him. The power goes out, and they find candles. Other than I'm positive its an nfic, I can't remember anything else about it.
And another fic I can't quite remember... Lois is trapped in Lex's 'ark,' but I feel like Luthor believes he's rid himself of Superman? There's a fic where Kypronite was in his oxygen tanks and I'm not sure if this is the same fic.

Seconded on Faustian Bargin... wow. That's a fantastic fic blush

Columnist
Columnist
I just wrote one for the ficathon this Christmas. Mine ended up being nfic at the end. But I loved this episode and didn't this air around the time the asteroid movies came out also - Deep Impact and Armageddon. Or was this after the movies, I can't remember. I think this one episode where you see the relationship between Lois and Clark really mesh. Plus you see Luthor's obsession with Lois.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard