Print Thread
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
[Linked Image]*

Lois and Clark pose as a married couple, spending the night in the Honeymoon Suite while undercover.

From the trivia search:
- first episode to comment on Superman's inability to see through lead.

This is another episode that spawned a thousand fics. If you wrote one, two, or ten, toss the links in the thread (nfics and gfics). Please add in any of your favourite fics as well.

As always,
- favourite moment/scene.
- favourite quote

* Banner made by CarrieRene

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Spawned a thousand fics
Does this mean we now need a Judgement of Clark where he decides if Lois or Cat are the most beautiful resident of the Honeymoon Suite?
CAT: cat I call this judgement rigged!

Favorite? Oh boy. The bed-flip. Chumpy. The conversation between Clark and his parents. Lois and Clark’s conversation about co-habitating? Too many?

Stories:
Rest and Reproduction by Meredith Knight
That Honeymoon Feeling by Meredith Knight
Strictly Business by Groobie
Don’t You Dare! by me
There are more than those. Aside from the number of stories that just visit Honeymoon.

Quotes:
LOIS: I’m not on a story. I do have a personal life.
LOIS: I don’t need to win all the time.
LOIS: This is perfect. I win. You lose. We’re both happy.
JIMMY: I checked Lois’s apartment, the gym, and the chocolate parlor. All of her usual places. Nothing.
PERRY: You have to admit, the idea of you spending a night just relaxing is a little farfetched.
PERRY: What would you do if you were Lois? GANG: Something impetuous. And headstrong. And dangerous.
CLARK: This _is_ our first night alone together.
LOIS: (warily) So?
CLARK: So, we flip for the bed.
LOIS: How about: I get the bed, I lend you a pillow.
CLARK: How about we alternate nights?
LOIS: How about we don't?
CLARK: It's a really _big_ bed. We could share.
LOIS: How about we alternate nights?
CLARK: Deal.

CLARK: What is that?
LOIS: It's my word.
CLARK: There is no such word as 'chumpy.'
LOIS: Of course there is. Somebody's a chump. Therefore, he's chumpy.
CLARK: Try again.
LOIS: Are you challenging me?
CLARK: You bet your sweet chumpy I am.

Details:
Lois has binoculars and a camera in her brown handbag.
Lois has a handheld scanner.
Lois is now able to pick locks and has a set in her handbag.
Perry’s special source: Sore Throat
The black laptop from GGGoH is back. Lois and Clark now also have a fax.
Clark stops himself at the last moment from peeking at Lois in the bedroom
Clark is popping his pillows.
Lex is reading Nietzsche while taking the car.
Clark makes good on Lois’s request to fake a moment of passion the next time they need a cover from IGaCoY when the maid shows up.
Lois and Clark discuss that neither has lived full time with a member of the opposite sex (i.e. not in a dorm). Clark qualifies his answer as “no, not full time”. This indicates that his very-patient-man status wasn’t established in season one.
Lois and Clark discuss that living full time with another person and the shared responsibility is nothing like their present situation in the hotel room. You get the feeling they actually like their togetherness but deny it outright. It maybe that this extends to their partnership.
When Lois was sharing a suite with Clark, she slept in the nude. When she’s relaxing alone, she’s wearing pajamas.
The maid walks in, sees Lois, Clark, and Cat, possibly knows Cat, and decides they need extra towels (as in three persons are staying).
Martha and Jonathan call Clark at the hotel suite and a fun misdirected conversion ensues where Clark fails to convince them he’s just there in the honeymoon suite with Lois in a professional capacity.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
-For Lois to be ragged as much by Perry and Cat for taking an evening off to relax begs the question, what does she normally do on weekends/days off? Wouldn't there be labour laws about her being in the office too many days of the week?
-The leering by the bellboy when they get to the honeymoon suite is... icky. If that really was your wife wouldn't you have the urge to deck the bellboy?
-When searching for trivia for this episode I came across one tidbit that said Dean Cain had a bad cold while filming and wondered if it could be picked up. When Clark floats back onto the couch, as he's settling again, he gives this giant snotty sniff.... He does sound a little congested but I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't seen that post.
-Why did Clark go to 'check' on Lois? Had her heard her clothes hitting the ground?
-Why the press ups? Does Clark need to exercise to keep in shape? Burning off nervous energy? Would he feel fatigue in his muscles, and would they strengthen?
-What's with the crazy houses on the Monopoly board! Were the US ones like that?
-Remember when we had little dictionaries? I think I still have a few...
-Good thing Clark had his suit on under his shirt (I assume) when the hotel room was ransacked! Imagine if he'd left it in a couch cushion....
-I'm curious how they got the US Navy footage. I believe it all has to be approved first to ensure proper usage (at least what I know of Stargate SG1/SGA and their relationship with the US Air Force/Marines to ensure there's no creative licensing taken that would put the services in a bad light.) and having the Navy fire the weapon that creates a massive tsunami that would kill many Americans, seems a little odd.
-Is this the first time they call each other and wish each other a good night? I see it in so many fics I can't remember if it becomes a habit in the series.
-I did like how Cat was shown as having some intelligence here, even though they quickly revert back to the dumb jokes.

Favourite scene: That kiss... wow.
Fanfics: Ditto on Darth Michael's picks!

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard