Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#291198 02/27/22 07:52 AM
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Okay, guys, time to leave your comfort zone. Your challenge, should you chose to accept it, is to write a drabble (a fic of 100 words) in a language that is not English.

Perhaps you're a native speaker of some other language and just never dared to post something? No better moment to come out of the closet.

Did you learn another language in school, but never really come around to use it? Have you ever wondered how well the google translator actually works? Here's your chance.

Since the task is not all that easy, I won't insist on the exact word count.

Post your drabble here, plus an English translation as a spoiler. For the latter, you can also use Google translator, if you don't think your English is good enough.

In your post, you are free to state if you want a native speaker to correct your story

So, any takers?

Last edited by bakasi; 02/27/22 09:12 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
So, I'm leaving my own comfort zone and try to dust off my French. I'd love for someone to tell me if I did a fair job.

Moi, ce qui?

Aujourd'hui je disait Lois que je l'aime. Et Lois? Est-ce qu'elle m'aime aussi? Je ne suis pas sure. Elle aime Superman, Clark n'est qu'un frère. Je insisterait qu'elle ne connait pas Superman. Pour moi, il n'existe pas, il n'est qu'une fantasie. Clark, c'est la realité. Mais ça, c'est ne pas vrai. Clark est une autre fantasie, ma fantasie. Il n'e pas moi, il est le personne qui j'aimerais bien d'être: un homme ordinaire, qui n'a pas du secrèts. Mais ça, c'est ne que d'un rêve. Il faut être sincère. Quand je n'ai pas le courage de reveller mon secret, peut-être que je ne suis pas digne d'amour de Lois.

Wer ich bin
Heute habe ich Lois gestanden, dass ich sie liebe. Und sie? Liebt sie mich ebenso? Ich bin mir nicht sicher. Für sie gibt es nur Superman, Clark ist wie ein Bruder. Ich habe darauf bestanden, dass sie Superman nicht kennt. Für mich existiert er nicht wirklich, er ist nur eine Fantasie. Clark ist die Realität. Aber das ist nicht wahr. Clark ist nur eine andere Fantasie, meine Fantasie. Er ist der, der ich gerne wäre, ein gewöhnlicher Mann ohne Geheimnisse. Aber das ist nur ein Traum. Ich sollte ehrlich sein. So lange ich nicht den Mut habe, Lois die Wahrheit zu sagen, bin ich ihrer Liebe vielleicht gar nicht würdig.

Who I am
Today, I told Lois that I love her. And she? Does she love me, too? I'm not sure. She is in love with Superman, Clark is only a he's just a fantasy. Clark is real. But that isn't true. He's just another fantasy - my fantasy. He's the person I'd like to be, an ordinary man without secrets. But that's nothing but a dream. I should be honest. As long as I don't have the courage to reveal my secret, perhaps I'm not worthy of Lois' love.

Last edited by bakasi; 02/27/22 09:14 AM.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
"Clark est qui je suis. Superman est ce que je peux faire."

J'aime ton histoire. smile

(La correcteur orthographique n'aime pas cette publication. Pour moi, elle sait seulement anglais.)

Je suis desolée pour ma français. Il y avait beaucoup des années depuis je parle cette langue belle. J'ai oubliée beaucoup.)

- Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Me ama, no me ama… Este es estupido. Esta es una flora; no sabe que Clark siente, si el me ama o no. Cuando Lucy y yo fueron niñas, la amor fue mas facíl; si un chico fue guapo, la amor fue verdad! Pero ahora… es dificil. Me gusta Clark. El es mi amigo. No quiero vivir sin el… Pero trabajo con el. Amo el. El puede me hace daño. No quiero mas dolor. Quiero hablar con un amigo… pero mi amigo solo es Clark. Clark y una flora. Me ama, no me ama…

He loves me, he loves me not... This is stupid. This is a flower; it doesn't know what Clark feels, if he loves me or not. When Lucy and I were little girls, love was easier; if a boy was cute, it was true love! But now... it's difficult. I like Clark. He's my friend. I don't want to live without him... but I work with him. I love him. He can hurt me. I don't want more pain. I want to talk to a friend... but my only friend is Clark. Clark and a flower. He loves me, he loves me not...

Had to wrestle with autocorrect on this one. :p Also need to study more. Any Spanish speakers out there, feel free to pick it apart! And thanks so much for this challenge, Bakasi. smile

~•~
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay, another participant. Since I don't speak Spanish, I just gathered the gist of it. Thanks for the translation. A nice little fic. More takers, anyone? Some notorious lurkers ready to dive into fic writing?

Come on!

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
As a kid I learned a bit of the language, but speaking (and even then it's been a few decades), not so much writing. This could be filled with errors and I'm relying heavily on Google translate for spelling... Hold on to your consonants.

Rode hi'n bwrw glaw ac yn oer. Yr oedd y wlad yn brydferth. Wrth iddo lanio ym Llanfairpwllgwgngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, daeth yr haul allan. Roedd llawer o ddefaid. Roede yn siarad Cymraeg ac yn dweud helo. Ffarweliodd with iddo adael.

It was raining and cold. The countryside was beautiful. When he landed in LLanfairPG, the sun came out. There were lots of sheep. He spoke Welsh and said hello. He waved goodbye as he left.

To see how LlanfairPG is pronounced, YouTube 'Hugh Jackman and Jimmy Fallon try to pronounce Taron Egerton's hometown.'

Last edited by Toomi8; 03/17/22 03:25 PM.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw man, now I want a fic where Lois and Clark visit Wales XD

~•~
T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Aw man, now I want a fic where Lois and Clark visit Wales XD

Haha. Maybe... they just won't be speaking much Welsh!

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay, another fic - and in Welsh. That's very interesting. I've heard of that village with the very long name. And I always thought that German nouns had the tendency to reach impossible length. Thank you very much for joining the challenge laugh

B
Blogger
Blogger
B
  - Situado em "Feromônios" -

Por mais que tentasse concentrar sua atenção no monitor a sua frente, os olhos castanhos teimavam em afastar da tela e seguir um caminho até o outro lado da sala. Clark fechou os olhos e levou os dedos até os mesmo, esfregando com força como se aquilo o fizesse de alguma maneira, acordar.

Era como se tivesse algo queimando por dentro, sabia muito bem como era aquela sensação. Aquele leve estremecimento em sua virilha que subirá por todo seu corpo, fazendo os pelos do braço arrepiarem e sua boca salivar. Ah, ele sabia muito bem como era essa sensação.

Mas está era a primeira vez que experimentava ela em meio ao pub, em seu local de trabalho e não muito distante de seu objeto de desejo. O que estava acontecendo? Suas mãos estavam quentes e seus olhos teimavam em fitar sua colega de trabalho.

"Droga" Sussurrou baixinho enquanto colocou ambas as mãos no rosto em uma tentativa de parar sua mente em imaginar como seria beijar cada centímetro de pele sedosa de sua colega. Mas sua tentativa foi por água baixo quando ouviu a voz daquela que o atormentava em seu pensamento.

– Claaaark?

Pt-Br (Portugês do Brasil)

[spoiler] - Set in "Pheromone, my love" -

As much as he tried to focus his attention on the monitor in front of him, the brown eyes insisted on moving away from the screen and following a path to the other side of the room. Clark closed his eyes and brought his fingers to them, rubbing hard as if that would somehow make him wake up.

It was as if something was burning inside, he knew all too well how that felt. That slight shudder in your groin that will travel all over your body, making the hairs on your arms stand on end and your mouth water. Oh, he knew all too well what that felt like.

But this was the first time he had experienced her in the middle of the pub, at her workplace and not far from her object of desire. What was happening? Her hands were warm and her eyes were stubbornly staring at her co-worker.

"Damn it," she whispered under her breath as she placed both hands to her face in an attempt to stop her mind from imagining what it would be like to kiss every inch of her colleague's silky skin. But his attempt went awry when he heard the voice of the one who tormented him in his thoughts.

Google Translate 100%

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay, another participant. Thank you very much for delurking. And what a nice scene you chose. clap

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard