Next Thread
Print Thread
#292557 07/29/22 08:34 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Nothing like this has ever happened to me and I hope it never does. Of course, I would at least have a paper copy of some of the most important information I need.

All feedback welcomed.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yeah, it can indeed be a problem if everything is digital. You're brutally lost when the tech is not working.

Nice work

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Lynn, I gotta hand it to you. You did a fantastic job of capturing and conveying what it's like to experience being lost!

This story just caused my heart to speed up as I recalled one of the worst experiences of of my entire life!! Several years ago I left my phone on a tour bus while traveling alone in another country. Then I got separated from the group when we visited a large multi-level art museum. Needless to say, it went downhill from there! I won't bore you with the details, but it was so frightening, I still have nightmares about that situation.

Fortunately, I did have phone numbers, money, etc. But I was astounded at how little most people, including the ones who spoke my language, were willing to help. Not even the police would allow me to use the phone or make a call for me!

bakasi #292573 07/30/22 04:56 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Barbara, I know I would sure never wish to be in Ashleigh's position.

Penny, yikes! I was writing what I thought more-or-less a worst-case scenario. Your real-life experience comes far too close to my story for comfort. I'm not surprised it continues to haunt you. I can only imagine the feelings of panic and vulnerability you must have endured. It boggles my mind that not even the police would help you. How did you eventually get back on your feet? Did you finally find a good Samaritan who would let you use your phone?

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Yes, a kind gentleman in a streetside cafe who spoke English actually made a call for me then directed me to a cab stand where I was able to finally connect with the tour group. It was a crazy experience!

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
At least your misadventure had a happy ending.. But even so, the thought of your adventure makes me shock thud .

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard