Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
As always, all comments welcomed.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Okay I recognized little red riding hood (To the day I can't write or read that title without starting to snicker like the first time I heard the English name for that fairy tale) and Goldilocks and the three bears. I didn't know that fairy tale when I was a kid. It's not that popular over here. The flying monkeys were lost on me though.

Thanks for a fun story.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Barbara,

The flying monkeys are from the movie "The Wizard of Oz." (I must confess that I never got around to reading the books, so I don't know if they are in the original series, as well.) I realize I was mixing genres a bit, but I wasn't able to think off-hand of other stories in which both animals and little girls played a part. (Would animals know about Gretel, for example?) I felt that the story needed a third example.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Ahh, that's why I didn't pick up on it. While I'm quite certain that I saw that movie at one point, it's not quite as popular here, either.
How about Cinderella? Are there pigeons in Perraults version? I've never read that, but I know it's slightly different from the Brothers Grimm one. For example there is no fairy Godmother like in the Disney movie

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
There's a thought. Or the mice/horses for that matter. I could easily see an animal being unhappy about being forced into servitude.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard