Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I hope this wasn't too maudlin. The one-hundred word limit does not leave a lot of room for subtlety or nuance.

As always, all feedback appreciated.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I can see how that would hurt, any signs of your old life removed so the house can be sold.

I still get wistful whenever I take the bus that passes the apartment where I spent the first 13 years of my life. The garden where we used to play has been largely replaced by new houses. But if I got out, I'd still find the footprint my uncle left in the wet cement when he lived there as a kid.

So the past is not entirely lost.

Thanks for sharing

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your feedback and for relating your own poignant story.

My Mom actually still lives in the house I grew up in as a child. I never moved at all until I moved into my college dorm. And I moved into my current home twenty-three years ago, so this story is based more on my imagination than my actual experiences.

But having said that, I know -- given my mother's age -- that my childhood home will undoubtedly be on the market all-too-soon. I can't imagine anyone else living there, nor do I wish to. But I think those thoughts lurking in the back of my mind are probably what gave rise to this story.

Be well,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard