Next Thread
Print Thread
#291812 05/07/22 09:48 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I came across an interesting web site just now. what3words.com divides the world into ten meter grids and assigns random three-word phrases to
each square in the grid. These words remain consistent.

The idea is that if you are, for example, trying to meet someone in a park, you could give them the three-word phrase of your location and
they could use it to navigate to be within ten meters of you.

So your mission, should you choose to accept it: Pick a place in the world -- it could be your home, your favourite vacation spot, or somewhere at random -- and start looking at the three-word "phrases" it and its nearby squares generate. Once you find a triplet that strikes you in some way, use it as a story prompt.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I just used it. The place where I live didn't give me any good prompts. Then I looked for the house I work in. One of the combinations was "kiss, feel and - the last word could be translated as "to enter" or "embarressed" (strange language, huh?) Anyway, if I take " embarrassed" this fits my current WIP quite perfectly cool

Last edited by bakasi; 05/07/22 10:25 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
And if you chose the "to enter" translation, you would have a story for the nfic side of the boards.

Thanks for playing my prompt-generating game. smile

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
And if you chose the "to enter" translation, you would have a story for the nfic side of the boards.

The German word for enter is "betreten". Since "treten" means "to kick" I'd rather not see this nfic-related. Thank you very much. wink. But I'm intending to post the story on both sides of the boards, anyway. laugh

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Ah. I see. Yeah, that wouldn't exactly be my cup of tea, either.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard