Next Thread
Print Thread
#291808 05/06/22 06:18 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I just couldn't resist the inclusion of a Superman reference in this story.

All feedback appreciated.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Actually, while reading, I thought that this would very well work as a LnC Fanfic. Nicely done. Though I don't think that all adult secrets are bad ones. I love to surprise my children when we do something extraordinary. It's fun to watch them wreak their heads trying to guess what we're up to. Or tease them a little, when we tell them that we're about to do something that they will find extremely boring

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Barbara,

I'm not sure who in the world of LnC would find knowing Superman's secret to be fun, but other that than I could also see this working as an LnC fic.

Enjoy being able to surprise your kids; my son hates surprises of any sort. I guess your situation could be said to be one of enjoying secrets by proxy. But your point is taken; even adults can have some fun secrets.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hi Lynn,

that begs the question - does Clark Kent even have a secret in the real world? Everyone knows he is Superman.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
True, but one of the pleasures the reader (especially the young reader) has in reading the Superman comics (or consuming other Superman-related media) is being "in on the secret" as they vicariously immerse themselves in their entertainment.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard