Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L

This story won't make any sense unless you know a few things:

• I wrote it to be posted to the FFF web site.
  • The site has very few rules for what can be posted. One rule, however, that apparently is violated on a regular basis is that there should be a comma after the title and before the "by author" such as: title, by author.
  • The site's editor, Gordon, posts reminders about this rule and lets everyone know that the omission of the comma will disqualify a story from being posted.

When the idea for this story came to me, I just couldn't resist writing it up and posting it today.

A heads-up: In the past fortnight, we were only allowed to post one story to FFF, since the visual prompt contest was being run. It actually ends on April 1st. The only reason I am able to have this story published on the desired day is because Gordon was accommodating: He set it up to upload immediately after midnight April 2nd his time, which is still the evening of April 1st my time. This means that this story is counting as what would normally be my post for this coming Friday. I am therefore not going to be uploading a new story that day.

I realize that taken as a story, this particular one leaves a lot to be desired; it was never intended to be a "real" story, only an April Fool's prank. I hope you find it amusing.

All feedback appreciated.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This certainly proves how much impact even a small mark like the comma has on the reader. I had to concentrate really hard to read the text. I liked how you included some more commas in the text than initially meet the eye. 57 commas, I'd say that comma-nds respect. clap

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Barbara,

I first wrote the story as usual and then instructed Word to insert a comma before every space. It was amazing how much harder I, too, found it to read with the commas than without. I had never realized before just how well trained I was to have a mental pause whenever I see one of them.

I actually broke out my physical dictionary for the first time in many years just so I could see all of the words beginning with "comma" so I could cram them into the story.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., You counted the commas?!

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 04/02/22 11:46 AM.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard