Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#291265 03/04/22 11:56 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Can anyone recommend some web comics that are (at least mostly) good, positive, and fairly G-Rated?

Right now I'm reading Order of the Stick (DnD parody), XKCD (Geek humor with its own wiki to explain the jokes), and Selkie (Slice of life about a cryptid adopted by a human).

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you for sharing some of the web comics you are reading. XKCD I have read off and on throughout the years; it does appeal to the geek in me. I'll have to check the others out.

If you have not already done so, you must try Love and Capes. It is no coincidence that it has the same initials as our favourite show. The creator of the strip loves the show as much as we do, and the hero in it is very Superman-like. The URL I gave you points you to the start of his most recent story arc. His older arcs have been turned into paperbacks available for purchase.

If you wish a superhero comic (in which the creator never lets you see any actual superheroing) that is upbeat, gentle, and relationship focused, I would strongly recommend Love and Capes.

Another gentle, upbeat one that always makes me smile is Untold Tales of Bigfoot. It centers around the friendship between a dog and Bigfoot. Here, too, the URL points to the first story. The creator of this comic is on an indefinite hiatus. I contacted him about a year(?) ago and he indicated that he does plan to resume it eventually. In the meantime, you can still read some completed story arcs and, if you wish, purchase them in book form.

Enjoy,
Lynn

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
My favorite comic of all time is Freefall. It starts when Sam the sqid, an invertebrate who stowed away on a human survey ship and ends up on a world being terraformed. Sam's morals are a little different from human norms and he hijacks himself an engineer to get the ship he acquired running. The engineer, Florence Ambrose, is an uplifted wolf/AI with a good sense of humor and large teeth. Warning: highly addictive and very slow. (24 years of comics covers about 6 months) Good physics, interesting philosophy and definitely G rated.

Shallowford
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lynn: OMG I love Love and Capes, but I thought it was just a trilogy or something that ended when the kid was born! So glad to see there's more!

And I'll definitely be checking the others out, too. Thanks, guys! laugh

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
JL8. It's the Justice League--as 8-year-olds! It's pretty cute.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Queenie,

Before you look at the Love & Capes COVID series, be sure to check out "The Family Way." As you'll be able to see by the image on the front cover, we've jumped ahead a few years. You'll have fun learning about how the family interacts.

Zahler has also worked on several other comics. "Cupid's Arrow," "Long Distance," and "Warning Label" all have a similar sort of light romantic feel as Love & Capes. (I haven't tried his "My Little Pony" series, so I can't comment on it. "Time & Vine" is on my "to read" list.)

Enjoy! smile

- Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
PS238 about kids in an elementary school. Superpowered kids. http://ps238.nodwick.com/comic/12072006/

A Miracle of Science. He's a member of the Vorstellen Police who deals with sufferers of SRMD (science related memetic disease, aka mad science disease) she's part of the Martian hive mind. Together they fight crime. https://www.project-apollo.net/mos/mos000.html

Unshelved. Set in a library, more single strips not running plotlines. http://www.unshelved.com/2002-2-16

Girl Genius. A world where the scinece revolution is more full scale war. More PG rated the characters do end up in skimpy outfits at times. https://www.girlgeniusonline.com/newreaders.php

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard