Next Thread
Print Thread
#291262 03/04/22 09:39 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
To give credit where it is due: The woman in this story is, of course, alluding to William Wordsworth’s delightful poem “The Rainbow” (https://internetpoem.com/william-wordsworth/the-rainbow-poem/).

This story stems from a prism that I had originally bought for my son, before his behaviors became such that it would have been imprudent to have given him a sharp-edged glass object. I put the prism on the sill of one of my bedroom windows. I delight so much in the rainbows it produces that I have decided that if I ever need to go into a nursing home, I will take it with me (assuming I have a window). That thought just naturally led to this story.

As always, all feedback appreciated.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Lovely job Lynn.

Joan

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I liked the poem, thanks for sharing that, too. Your story was great.

I remember the first rainbow my daughter saw. She was a bit over a year old. We stood at the central station of our city and there was a bright rainbow just over the river. I showed it to her. And for weeks, she'd tell me about that rainbow. I was never sure if she'd understood at that point what the rainbow was or if she'd thought that rainbow was the word for something else. Kids are curious like that. Since they have no idea what time is, yesterday may mean anything between an hour ago or months ago.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Barbara,

That sounds like an experience to cherish. I can only imagine the sense of wonder at her expression.

Thanks for the feedback,
Lynn

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Joan,

Thank you. I'm glad you liked this story.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard