Next Thread
Print Thread
#291006 02/04/22 10:52 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
So, did I pass my writing exam just now? All feedback welcomed.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I didn't realize we're taking exams here. Gosh, from now on, I'll be doubly nervous about posting here. peep

Now, seriously, I liked the comparison between the results the narrator was waiting for at the age of 20 and the age of 60. The one thing that had me wonder is why the narrator wants to do well in the latter tests. It's not as if he or she can really do anything about the results. They are what they are, it's not something you have an actual say in (unfortunately).

You did well. thumbsup

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Barbara,

The narrator wants to do well on the biopsy because "doing well" in this context means that the results were negative; that is, not malignant. Doing well or not on that test could literally be a matter of life or death. You're right that the narrator has no actual say in the results, but s/he has a huge stake in them.

Thanks for the feedback. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh man, with a few words you threw me back into an ER suite after Ted had his heart attack. I had his best friend call my in-laws to let them know. I was a wreck.
Outcome indeed...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Morgana,

I hope my story wasn't too traumatic for you. I hope Ted is doing *much* better.

Thanks for reading and commenting on my story.

Be well,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lynn, your story was awesome! It reminds me that life can change in the blink of an eye and to cherish our loved ones all the more.

Ted is doing great! He is back to his old self. Like Clark, he corrects my grammar in my stories. smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Morgana,

I'm delighted to hear that Ted is doing so well.

Thank you for your kind words about my story. smile Wise words indeed about the rapidity at which life can change.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard