Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Kerth Eligible Fics

A Christmas Revelations Story by lovetvfan (67kb)
A Lawyer's View by BlindPassenger (10kb)
A Little Winter Friend by Anna B the Greek (4kb)
A New Year's Revulsion by Deadly Chakram (19kb)
A Recipe for Disaster by Lynn S.M. (5kb)
A Secret Wish by Bakasi (58kb)
All I Want by Queen of Capes (6kb)
All I Want for Christmas is...Clark by BlindPassenger (9kb)
Alone at 7pm by Folc4evernaday (12kb)
Another Kind of Superhero by Bakasi (33kb)
Break by Blueowl (152kb)
Bring Me to Life by Annie M (57kb)
Come to Me by Annie M (536kb)
Cyclone by Queen of Capes (5kb)
Dinner Conversation by Queen of Capes (4kb)
Down in the Dumps by Lynn S.M. (2kb)
Dumped by Queen of Capes (6kb)
Dynamic Duo by Bitten(8kb)
Found by Deadly Chakram (8kb)
Global Heartwarming by Terry Leatherwood (496kb)
Going Home by Terry Leatherwood (654kb)
Greenest Night by Folc4everanday (6kb)
Hold On by Toomi8 (4kb)
If Wishes Were Programmes by Lynn S.M. (3kb)
Inaction by Queen of Capes (1kb)
Inside a Lunkhead's Mind by Bakasi(5kb)
Inside Clark Kent by Bakasi(8kb)
Inside Lois Lane by Bakasi (5kb)
Investigate by BlueOwl(491kb)
Investigate: Intergang by BlueOwl(182kb)
Investigate: Time Interlude by BlueOwl(15kb)
Invisible or Fly by Lynn S.M. (2kb)
Like Blood From a Stone by LaraMoon(14kb)
Live Another Day by Bakasi (348kb)
Love Me Back to Life by KSaraSara and lovetvfan (257kb)
Love Realized by Ray(543kb)
Mixed Messages by Deadly Chakram (6kb)
New Phone, Who Dis? by Deadly Chakram (28kb)
New Year's Resolution by Bakasi (4kb)
Northwind by lovetvfan (62kb)
One Lifetime by Deadly Chakram (8kb)
Photo Evidence by Toomi8 (3kb)
Purple by Blueowl (112kb)
Recycling by Queen of Capes (9kb)
Repairing the Break by Toomi8 (15kb)
Scraps by Queen of the Capes (5kb)
Super Shook Up by KSaraSara (74kb)
Taming the Butterflies by Toomi8 (184kb)
Ten Minutes Ago by Queen of Capes (4kb)
The 54-Long Goodbye by Terry Leatherwood (9kb)
The Disciplinary Hearing by Terry Leatherwood (16kb)
The Gift of Language by Queen of Capes (6kb)
The Great Dawn by Queen of Capes (8kb)
The One Annoying Christmas Song by Toomi8 (22kb)
The S Stands for Scandal by Deadly Chakram (7kb)

Kerth Categories

Micro-Short
Micro-Short is for all stories between 1 and 5kb in size.

• Inaction
  • Down In The Dumps?
  • Invisible or Fly?
  • If Wishes Were Programmes
  • Photo Evidence
  • A Little Winter Friend
  • New Year's Resolution
  • Dinner Conversation
  • Ten Minutes Ago
  • Hold On
  • Inside A Lunkhead's Mind
  • Inside Lois Lane
  • A Recipe for Disaster
  • Cyclone
  • Scraps

Short-Short
Micro-Short is for all stories between 6 and 10 kb in size.

• Mixed Messages
  • Greenest Night
  • All I Want
  • Dumped
  • The Gift of Language
  • The S Stands For Scandal
  • Inside Clark Kent
  • Dynamic Duo
  • Found
  • One Lifetime
  • The Great Dawn
  • All I want for Christmas is ... Clark
  • Recycling
  • The 54-Long Goodbye
  • A Lawyer's View

Short
Short is for all stories between 11 and 50kb in size.

• Alone at 7pm
  • Like Blood from a Stone
  • Investigate: Time Interlude
  • Repairing The Break
  • The Disciplinary Hearing
  • A New Year's Revulsion
  • Another Kind of Superhero

Mid-Length
Mid-Length is for all stories between 51 and 200kb in size.

• Bring Me to Life
  • A Secret Wish
  • Northwind
  • A Christmas Revelation Story
  • Purple
  • Break
  • Investigate: Intergang
  • Super Shook Up
  • Taming of the Butterflies

Epic
Epic is for all stories over 201kb in size.

• Love Me Back to Life
  • Live Another Day
  • Investigate
  • Global Heartwarming
  • Come To Me
  • Love Realized
  • Going Home

Best Waffy
Warm and Fuzzy Feeling. You read it, and you get that warm and fuzzy feeling all over because it's just a fun feel-good story.

Best Character Development
Any character throughout the fanfiction showing growth or change / development from the beginning to the end of the story.

Most Innovative Idea
A creative idea that thinks outside the normal parameters seen in everyday fics.

Best Comedy
Fun, happy, makes you laugh while you're reading it.

Best Original Character
This category is designated for characters other than Lois and Clark that the author has taken extra care to make them shine in their own original way. It can be any of the original supporting cast or new characters or even some of the villains that we've come to love to hate.

Best Relationship Story
Story that shows a developing relationship between Lois and Clark. It doesn't have to end up with the duo together but must show a change in their relationship from the beginning of the fic to the end.

Best Revelation
Someone finds out Clark is Superman. Most of the time it's Lois, but there have been others to become privy to this secret. Any fic that reveals this to a character in the fanfic is eligible for this category.

Best Alternate Universe / Elsewhere/ Next Gen
This category is combined due to not having enough in each area to warrant a category for each.
Alternate Universe is when characters have veered off completely from canon or relate to the original Alt. Universe on the show.
Elsewhere are fanfictions that veer off completely from the original canon stories. (ie: something happened prior to Pilot to change the course of the characters and plot, etc..)
Next Gen is where the next generation of superheroes becomes a main part of the plot.

Best Drama
There's action. There's suspense. There's drama. You gotta know what's going to happen. You get the picture right?

Best Kerth Challenge Response
Fanfiction is written in response to a Kerth challenge posted on the boards in the last year.

Best New Author
Limited to authors who first published their Lois & Clark stories in the past year.

• Toomi8
  • Bitten

Best Overall
Best overall fic from any fanfiction completed that year.

Last edited by folc4evernaday; 01/12/22 07:18 PM. Reason: Removing categorized fics as this is causing unnecessary debate

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you Val and the entire KCOMM for assembling this list. smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for posting the list, Val! Good luck to everyone!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks so much for doing this!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
Thanks for putting this list together and generally the organization of all this. Aside from its use for the Kerths, tis annual lists are also helpful to get an overview about all the fics that have been written the last year and I always find a few I completely missed along the way.

So, not wanting to be nitpicky, but how qualify "A New Year's Revulsion" and "Disciplinary Hearing" for the Best Revelation category? In neither fic anyone finds out CK=S, and Superman is not even mentioned in both fics. Granted, TDH has a revelation of sorts for Perry, but it is one not related to Clark's identity at al. I'm just confused here...

On the other hand, the fics "Going Home" (Lois and Rachel), "Global Heartwarming" (Bobbie Tracey) "Investigate Intergang" (Lois), "Come to Me" (Mattie) and "Christmas Revelation Story" (Lois) IMO would all qualify for the category though as they all contain the Superman Revelation.

Last edited by BlindPassenger; 01/12/22 03:31 AM.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
@BlindPassenger: Thank you for your comment about "Going Home" being a revelation fic. Usually the reveal is for Lois to find out that CK=S and then we see how well it goes. Given Lois' reaction to learning the truth, maybe "Going Home" would be more like a "Worst Revelation" story, even though we do see Rachel learning about Clark and his special abilities. But the sandbox is big enough for just about everyone.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Like BlindPassenger, I’m curious too! It’s no doubt a ton of work keeping all this organized!! It’s so handy to have all the links in once place for reading! So thanks so much for that!!! laugh

It’s been so long for me participating in the Kerths, that I’ve forgotten the process, and I’m not sure how every fic makes it to eligible categories. If memory serves, FoLCs would nominated stories in whatever categories seemed to fit. I know I’d love to see “Come to Me” in there for Best Relationship and Best Original Character (Mattie, JP, and/or Kate!), for example. Can you share a bit more about the eligibility for categories? laugh

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay so I've removed the categorizations that the KCOM had put in there as suggestions based on the rules for the categories. Since this has turned into a long debate of what about what about....

Please remember that this year the KCOM is working with only two active members reviewing and categorizing the list.

Common courtesy: If you notice something amiss contact the KCOM. Don't post on the boards and start a debate on here. Vicki and I are human and have a LOT going on. If you think something's miscategorized then reach out directly instead of stirring up drama. As of now we consider this matter closed and will not engage in any further debate regarding this topic.

Thank you.

~the KCOM

See FAQs Below

What are the Kerth Awards?
The Kerth Awards are awards/recognition for fanfictions based on the series, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman posted for the first time between January 1st - December 31st in a 12 month period.

How Does It Work?
Eligible Fics
A list of all eligible fanfictions and the links to where the fanfiction can be found will be posted in January with the list of categories that the fanfics can be nominated for. (Be sure to read the descriptions for each category)

Nominating Fics
In February nominations will open on the kerthawards.com website and each FOLC will have an opportunity to nominate the fanfics they feel deserve a Kerth through the form.
(Try to keep it within 5 per category if you can to help prevent massive ties)
You can only submit ONE form.

Once the nominees have been tallied by the Kerth Committee the top 5 fanfics (and their ties) will be posted by the KCOM.

Final Voting
In March the final voting form will open up on the kerthawards.com website and each FOLC will have an opportunity to vote for ONE fanfic for each category.
You can only submit ONE form.

The winners of each category will be announced at the Kerth Ceremony.

If you're unable to attend the Kerth Ceremony you can read the transcript when it is posted 24-48 hours after the ceremony.

A Kerth Video will be posted as well as a Kerth Nominee video that shows the nominees Kerth Banner.

Kerth Award Banners
All Kerth Banner Awards will be delivered to each author that either won a Kerth or was nominated for a Kerth after the ceremony. Please be sure to provide an email address for delivery of your awards by emailing kcom@kerthawards.com.

Kerth Categories
Many of the categories will remain the same but some years we have more of one type of story than another so those years there may be differing categories to accommodate the different stories.

You can also see the FAQ Section on the Kerth Awards site.

Thank You,

~ The Kerth Committee

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Val! Looking forward to the nominations opening!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Bump! I want to put this closer to the top for myself and others. Because Kerth reading is happening, y’all!!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard