Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
A few months ago, I decided I needed to re-read some favorite stories, and now I'm on a binge (an actually writing again shocked)!

Anyway, there's this revelation fic that I can't seem to find. Lois and Clark start sleeping together before Lois knows (tsk, tsk, Clark! goofy)... and I feel like they're in the honeymoon suite (but maybe it's Lois' place?) and Clark has to sneak off in the middle of the night for a rescue. He thinks she's asleep, but she's not and witnesses him change and fly off without him noticing. Cue her introspection and whatnot. I don't think she confronts him right away.

I could have sworn this was Rest and Reproduction by Meredith Knight, but it seems not to be. Any other ideas? If it helps narrow it down, I'm pretty sure it was an nfic story... <g>

Thanks!
Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Could it be the Proof Series by Sue? I kind of remember that Lois knew the secret and was trying to get him to admit it

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Not the Proof Series, because I didn't read that for the first time until just recently. GREAT series! But not the fic. Thanks!!

I guess another clue would be that it's got to be 2014 or older, lol. (Proof might well be, but I didn't happen to read it.)

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Could it be "Lois finds out" by Mobile Richard? In this one, they're together (or even married, not sure) without him telling her the secret and she finds out...somehow, don't remember. I recall them being in a Hotel and at the end Clark using his powers to Strip her quickly or something like this...

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
They definitely weren't married. But this sounds like an interesting read! Thanks!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Perhaps In the Still of the Night by Katherine Kent? They aren't sleeping together, but she's spending the night at his place.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Was it Sugar and Spice? That one has Lois staying at Clark's place after the Space Rats incident, and one thing leads to another. I think she catches him floating or something.

~•~
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
It doesn't seem like In the Still of the Night is the right one, but thanks for pointing out a sweet fic I hadn't read yet!

Mary, I was hopeful when I started re-reading it, but alas it's not it. frown

The revelation itself is her watching him fly out the window (or maybe come back through the window?) when he thinks she's asleep. I'll find this again someday!!

Thanks for the new suggestions!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Probably not it, but in my "Seed of Doubt," Lois and Clark both succumb to the Revenge potion before they are a couple and wind up sleeping together. Later, Lois is staying at Clark's place (dating but not sleeping together, Lois is pregnant with either his or Luthor's kid) and Clark is called away in the middle of the night. Lois wakes up to find him missing and waits for him to get back, then confronts him. No introspection piece, which leads me to guess this probably isn't the fic you're looking for, but just in case, I figured I'd throw that out there.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Yeah, that wouldn't be it. But now I'm intrigued! LOL I put that on my "to read" list... which is a bit long now. <g>

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard