Next Thread
Print Thread
#289864 10/20/21 04:12 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
WHAM Warning: The narrator is contemplating the ramifications of death.

I submitted this story to the Friday Flash Fiction website for posting this past Friday, but the site admin had been away on vacation and so only posted it today; hence the delay from my usual Friday 100-word postings. I hope to post another story on Friday this week.

I'm not sure why so many of my ultra-short stories are leaning toward the morose. I promise that the next story will be lighter. (I currently have a two-story buffer; I'm not sure which of the two I will choose to post next week, but one is somewhat lighter than this week's story and I strove for humour in the other.)

As always, all feedback appreciated.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is touching, Lynn. In my time, I've heard many old people talk about death and like you picture it, they are usually not afraid to die. But it is heart-wrenching to have your narrator contemplate that all the people who live on only in his or her heart - to me, the narrator is a woman-, will die again, when she is no longer there to remember them. Well done.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thank you, Bakasi.

Unlike the author in my just-posted "Writer's Block" story, I chose to listen to my character. I don't usually like writing stories with such a melancholic tone, but my character would not let me go until I wrote her story down. (I agree with you, the narrator struck me as female, as well.)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard