Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
In case you are wondering: Yes, this story is exactly one hundred words.

All feedback welcomed.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yeah, I remember the times when writing one hundred words seemed like a Herculean task. Now, limiting yourself to this amount of words seems equally difficult.

I liked this one a lot. It's fascinating how well you manage to describe a new character with just one hundred words. I have an image in my mind, a school child. Probably male and about nine or ten years old.

Well done, Lynn clap

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Congratulations on your latest hundred-word drabble, Lynn! It's beautiful and touching and brings back memories both warm and chilly from my own youth. And it's so true!

Keep it up, lady! Your work is outstanding and I want to see more of it.

To any who might think that tossing off a story of exactly one hundred words is easy - it is not. This is an achievement which must be recognized as the work of art that it is. Thank you, Lynn.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Bakasi, I agree completely that now the challenge is not exceeding the word limit. In a similar vein, I remember taking a mandatory public speaking class in college and wondering what I could possibly talk about for five whole minutes. Now as a retired college instructor, I am barely getting started at the five minute mark.

Although this story is a work of fiction, its premise was that it was supposed to have been my thoughts as a child, so my intent would have been for the narrator to be female. Eight or nine sounds like the right age for that length and type of homework assignment.

Terry, are you sure you are commenting on my story? Your profusive praise humbles me. Thank you.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard