#289709 09/12/21 04:30 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi all,

I could use your help.

As I mentioned in an "Original Fiction" thread, I am trying to write one 75-100-word non-fanfic story each week.

I wrote a story that I really like, but now I am questioning whether I unwittingly drew too much from L&C for it truly to be my own story. I honestly had had no intent of plagiarism; it has been a long time since I've seen any L&C episodes and I was not consciously thinking about the rocky road discussion in it when I wrote "Chocolate or Vanilla." In fact, it is only now -- about a week after I wrote it -- that I thought of the connection. Still, now that I do realize the similarity, I want to make sure I do the honorable thing.

I am too close to the work to determine whether there is enough novel in it to avoid plagiarism, and I don't want to post it publicly anywhere until I get one or two less biased opinions.

So, my request to you is this: If you would be willing to read my story and share your thoughts on whether it falls into the realm of plagiarism or whether it is distinct enough to stand, please send me a private message. I will then send the story to you. Since it is only 75 words (or 78, if you include the title), it wouldn't take you long to read.

Thank you.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'd say bring it on. Now that I read about the contest, I'm getting why the 'final present' was so short. wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Bakasi,

Thanks so much. I have sent you a copy of the story via PM.

Even though I find it easier to write short stories than long ones, it really is a challenge for me to come up with a non-fanfic story and then to pare it down to so few words. I don’t know how many such stories I have in me, but I am looking forward to finding out.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard