Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#288309 02/10/21 08:48 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey all! So, my new year's resolution this year is to finally write a book. So far, I'm still outlining, but it seems to be going well; my current writing goal is to have the outline hammered out by the end of the month so I can start chapter one in March.

It's a fantasy story, set in a Ye Olde Europe where fairies are real, and it's about a boy who has just lost his parents and is now in danger of being separated from the only true family he has left. If anyone's interested, I'll be happy to keep yall posted. Please wish me luck. smile

~•~
S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
Sounds great! Good luck to you!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks laugh

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Any publisher who would be willing to take on a (not really) new author will be lucky to have you.

To paraphrase the theater adage, “Break a lead.” (pencil lead, that is...)

Be well,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Aw, thanks, Lynn! ^_^

~•~
Features Writer
Features Writer
How exciting! Definitely keep us updated. And I second Lynn that any publisher should be thrilled to have you on their writing team.

Cheering you on!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Keep at it, Mary. You're certainly qualified to write professionally. You have such a command of the mood in the scene that the story almost tells itself. And you paint the picture with minimal brush strokes, yet everyone knows exactly what's going on.

I want a copy when it's published.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the encouragement, guys! ^_^

Today closes with my self-imposed deadline for the outline, and I think I've got something workable. I went through a ridiculous amount of paper scribbling notes, outline drafts, expanded outline drafts, revised outline drafts, and expanded revised outline drafts. The plot ended up changing in some very interesting ways, but the synopsis above is still true.

Tomorrow is my official Start Writing day, and I am nervous. Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am. My goal is to have something publishable by the end of the year, and I'm not sure how I should budget my time to make sure I have enough for editing and rewrites. I guess I'll give myself until June 1 to have the first draft done? That should be generous enough compared to NanoWrimo, and if I finish early and can start the next phase sooner, so much the better.

Fingers crossed! laugh

~•~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Progress so far:
1. Finished Outline
2. Determined outline to be excrement
3. Existential crises
4. Back to square 1
5. Cycling between #3, enui, and blind panic.

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Queenie wave,

It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. Please be kind to yourself; try to take at least a little time each day to do something relaxing, refreshing, and fun. And remember that with a lot of what you are doing, there are no hard deadlines. (What isn't improved with your house or writing today can be improved tomorrow.)

Your mental and physical health are more important than a house or a book.

Take care of yourself,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Lynn. ^.^ I'll try to remember. *Hugs*

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good luck, Queenie! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mary, I have often found that even if what I write is, as a whole piece, unusable, parts of it can usually be salvaged for later chapters or other works. That's why I rarely delete any of my draft parts. I have multiple sub-folders labeled "Previous Versions" on a lot of my stories. It's surprising how often I find stuff I couldn't use in story A but fits perfectly in story G.

Whose signature tells us that a writer should write every day because while one may edit a bad page, one cannot edit a blank page? Very timely counsel, especially when the big WB (*gasp* Writer's Block!) shows up.

And I still want a signed copy!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard