Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My muse got a kick out of this idea. huh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Vicki wave

Okay you really had me scratching my head throughout the whole fic until I realized it was Ching. Great tale and a lovely twist of the challenge.

clap

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Val!

I was actually envisioning an OC when I wrote it. Zara and Ching would be the people he talks to at the end. I've always thought of Ching acting in a personal bodyguard to Zara role, so I don't picture him as leaving her for years to search for the man who she's married to. But I'm glad you enjoyed the story and that I could keep you stumped throughout! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally got a chance to read this!

Lt. Waze has been searching for a loong time! Glad for him that it paid off. Quite an intriguing twist of the tale. When 'aged eyes' were mentioned I thought for certain it was Trey!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Finally got a chance to read this!

Lt. Waze has been searching for a loong time! Glad for him that it paid off. Quite an intriguing twist of the tale. When 'aged eyes' were mentioned I thought for certain it was Trey!

Haha, I actually considered making the mystery man Trey, but got the far more evil idea of an OC. Thanks for reading!

ETA: I'm not sure Clark would agree with the sentiment of "glad his search paid off." devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Hi, you had me until the end. I couldn't figure out who it was at all! I really enjoyed it so thank you.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by SimplyLnC
Hi, you had me until the end. I couldn't figure out who it was at all! I really enjoyed it so thank you.

Thanks for reading! Glad you liked it! And I'm glad my "keep the reader guessing until the last moment" worked for you.

(As an aside, welcome to the boards!)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
Hey DC,
just remembered to FDK on this one.
This idea is just great!
I always wondered how the NK's got Clark's identity so easily cause why the guise is bad at all, if no one else finds out how should they? The Show never explained that. It's just deliciously evil to see that Clark revealed himself accidentally to them, and lets me wonder how the NK arc would have been if he hadn't done that game. Great Job!
I got the idea that it was on of the New Kryp's near to the end, before the communication.
My first thought, after that "the Green's calling me" line, was:
Swamp Thing??
but i quickly pulled that idea apart.
Your muse seems to love to be evil, right?
Thanks for the AHA-effect.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
Hey DC,
just remembered to FDK on this one.
This idea is just great!
I always wondered how the NK's got Clark's identity so easily cause why the guise is bad at all, if no one else finds out how should they? The Show never explained that. It's just deliciously evil to see that Clark revealed himself accidentally to them, and lets me wonder how the NK arc would have been if he hadn't done that game. Great Job!
I got the idea that it was on of the New Kryp's near to the end, before the communication.
My first thought, after that "the Green's calling me" line, was:
Swamp Thing??
but i quickly pulled that idea apart.
Your muse seems to love to be evil, right?
Thanks for the AHA-effect.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoyed the story! I always wondered how the NKers knew to come to Earth, of all places, to find Clark. It's not like Jor-El sent a message to the rest of their people as he was bundling his son into a tiny spaceship. The universe is a pretty big place to search...

My muse definitely enjoys being evil. Way more than she enjoys playing nice. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

Unbeknownst to Clark, his little one on one baseball game is witnessed…
This could result in problems.

I hate it here. It’s loud. And busy. Too full of people. And it absolutely reeks. How do these people live here?
Oh, the observer is an alien, interdimensional being, or a time traveler from the future.

They block out the sunlight for too many hours of the day. They obscure the blue sky. The sky. Never in my life have I seen such a sight before.
Not a time traveler. Maybe an NK with an emotional challenge.

Their eagerness and innocence touches me more than I thought it would.
Okay, not an NK. Doesn’t feel right. Maybe a clone?

. I’ve been searching for years;
Interdimensional being is my best bet.

Insolent little beasts that I chose to ignore.
Or a Lex clone.

In short, what these people have accomplished here…well…it isn’t home, but I find myself appreciating why he’s chosen to settle here.
Still ruling out the time traveler. It could be some other alien, though.

There’s a baseball field coming up on my right. I recognize the distinctive shape and can just make out the white spots that mark the bases
Or not. But why would a time traveler not be aware of Clark’s local name and address?

I want to see what he’s about to do. Could this be the very man I was sent by my superiors to locate? Surely, it can’t be this easy, can it?
/squints/ a contemporary spy. A different kind of NK?

Lane and Kent above their heads and the rest below their cut-off torsos.
I’ve just watched Santa Clarita Diet, so the cut-off torsos bit kind of evokes other visuals laugh

And this Clark Kent is a literal flight-risk.
laugh

Checking the autopilot once more, I leave the cramped cockpit for the larger living space beyond.
Alien after all! So, how does it know what baseball is? Deep social immersion in this world's radio waves?

I smile. “My Lady Zara,” I say reverently, putting a hand to my heart in deference. “I have good news.”
Looky there. NK after all. Nice misdirection clap

He goes by the name of Clark Kent here, but I have found missing Lord Kal-El.”
And he doesn’t remember that he has a wife.

Fun stage setting, Vicki! /carefully adjusts dust covers on own NK story/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard