Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T

Wait a minute! You can't do that! It's not canon! There was no hint in the show that Clark was anything but an only child! Ha! And you call yourself a fanfic writer!

Okay, fake rant all done and taken care of. All gone! Move along, move along, nothing to see, no absolutists here, just a fanciful writer complimenting another...

Mary, this is very good. You've been hinting at this curve in the road almost since the beginning, so it's not a surprise. But it's nice to have it confirmed.

I loved this part.

[Clark] tried to grab the globe out of his hand. "Give it here!"

Michel held it fast. "Wait, I was not intending to just open that box, if that's what you're thinking; we could just go to my lab..."

"No!" Clark snapped, still trying to pull the device from Michel's hand and only succeeding in nearly pulling Michel off the couch.

Michel yelped. "Clark, quit this!"

"Just let go!" Clark demanded. He jerked once more on the device in Michel's hand. Michel continued to pull back...

They're brothers, all right. Fight each other, make up and defend each other against all comers at the slightest provocation.

This reveal is done very well. You mixed in humor, pathos, amazement, and familial realization. And you did it all in such a short part. You certainly have a handle on this tale. Double thumbs up, lady. [Linked Image]

So when's the next post?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Wait a minute! You can't do that! It's not canon! There was no hint in the show that Clark was anything but an only child! Ha! And you call yourself a fanfic writer!

Aspersions are cast, eh? Like, omg, no flams plz! Now I hope yall are excited for the next chapter, where Clark and Michel meet (and fall in love with) Queen Marisymphonia of Cape Krypton, the better New Kryptonian colony, who is a stunning beauty with long golden hair and eyes that change colors with her mood, and she rules her people wisely while leading a successful career as an actress, model, and spy. Stay tuned! laugh

But seriously, thanks! ^_^ This part was one of the trickier ones, which is partly why this fic had such a long hiatus. The other, bigger reason was that I needed to fix Michel's character arc, and I think I've got a better handle on it now. Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying, and I hope the next parts don't disappoint. smile

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 02/11/21 05:01 PM.

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary, let’s see, three parts left peep

'Er, hello, globe!'

The globe made no reply.
Maybe he should try without the heavy French accent. Maybe the Globe isn’t understanding him?

While Clark squeezed his eyes shut in an expression that made him look constipated,
Makes you wonder, *can* Clark produce diamonds that way?

.perhaps if we asked it a locational question?"
Like “Where is Clark’s love?” Could also be helpful when Lois is kidnapped by Lex the next time.

LOIS: Why is he talking as if that’s a given? And what does he mean by “the next time”?

"Perhaps, although since it was part of a spaceship, maybe a question pertaining more to the moon and stars..."
So… “Where’s my moon and stars?”

"Feelings," Michel said again. The idea of a piece of machinery having any was laughable, but then, once upon a time, so were aliens, telepathy, and his chances with Susanne.
Yes, only telepathic aliens have a chance with Susanne.

"I was just thinking," Michel said casually, "It is from Krypton, no? Maybe it resonates somehow with the minerals there..."
So, they’re going to expose a sentient globe from Krypton to something that hurts beings from Krypton to extract information from said globe. Hmmm…

GLOBE: shock Miranda! Lawyer! shock

The two men stared at the globe they jointly held. They looked at each other, their eyes locking. Michel swallowed as a sudden, certain knowledge filled his brain. "We need to..."

"...let go of it,"
Yes, just like Lois. Only cooperates if not held too tightly on a leash.

"Our sons have not been separated since the womb," Jor-El's voice spoke, tinged with an unmistakable sadness. "Now, it is unlikely that they will ever see one another again, assuming even one of them lives. So much about space travel is unknown, and either of these experimental vessels may prove to be nothing more than a death chamber. If only there were more time..." His words were punctuated by a sudden quake that drove the two scientists into each other's arms.
Huh, that’s a fun twist: what if one of them got stuck in the Phantom zone and arrives 30 or so years late and also lands in Schuster’s Field? Perfectly preserved as an infant, ready to get adopted by Lois and Clark? evil

'...Brother?' Michel's voice rang through his mind while the man's breath hitched precariously.

Clark swiped at the dampness beneath his glasses and forced the shaky word past his lips: "Brother."
Wait, what? They didn’t know before now? Okay, it’s been a long time. Plus – title! Plus – there’s not much else that it could have been. Except what if Kal-El’s ship got bumped against an energy shield during it’s hyperspace travel and a mirror image got reflected off of it, creating a second pod that also travels to Earth? (see Start Trek TNG, the duplicate Riker)

TBC...
Yes…now. hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard