Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Normally, I would have held onto this fic for a while, but after everything that's happened over the last year, I've learned that there's no time like the present.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol Vicki, my sides

Thanks for the laugh. /side-eyes the empty thread/ *Where is everyone?*

As always, a wonderful take on our favorite hero and I love the last line. smile

/nudges the rest of the FOLCs to start reading/

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
lol Vicki, my sides

Thanks for the laugh. /side-eyes the empty thread/ *Where is everyone?*

As always, a wonderful take on our favorite hero and I love the last line. smile

/nudges the rest of the FOLCs to start reading/

Thanks, Val! Glad you enjoyed this ridiculous little tale. I certainly had fun writing it. Bruce better watch his back though! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok. I had mixed feelings about this one because to me, the prank is too mean. The story itself was very gripping, though, with absolutely great suspense, and I am glad that everyone was safe in the end.

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
jawdrop

In fact, the only thing that had gone his way that night was that the rain came to a tapering end only an hour or so after he began his initial search, as if the heavens had dumped its heavy load all in one violent outburst and gone back to sleep again. Still, Clark’s suit clung to him, uncomfortably wet and sticky. It hadn’t even occurred to him to take a fraction of a second to use his heat vision to dry himself off, because even a fraction of a second not spent looking for Lois would have been a waste of precious time.

Fantastic description. He was so worried about Lois, taking one second to dry himself was one second too much.

One of the best short stories you have ever written! For a minute there my heart was in my throat. As the words passed my eyes I was wondering which one of Clark's old enemies could do such a thing ... with a cell phone.

Bruce nodded. “Diana said it was a jerk move.” He shrugged. “Barry got the phone for me.”

Diana is on point as always and Barry always loved a good prank....

Bruce go into hiding next year, preferably on a space station.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Ok. I had mixed feelings about this one because to me, the prank is too mean. The story itself was very gripping, though, with absolutely great suspense, and I am glad that everyone was safe in the end.

Hi, Queenie! Truth be told, I wondered about the "meanness" of the joke too. Then I figured, this would be after decades of trading pranks and all the ensuing "one-up-manship" that would likely go along with that. Thanks for reading and glad you liked the suspense! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
jawdrop

In fact, the only thing that had gone his way that night was that the rain came to a tapering end only an hour or so after he began his initial search, as if the heavens had dumped its heavy load all in one violent outburst and gone back to sleep again. Still, Clark’s suit clung to him, uncomfortably wet and sticky. It hadn’t even occurred to him to take a fraction of a second to use his heat vision to dry himself off, because even a fraction of a second not spent looking for Lois would have been a waste of precious time.

Fantastic description. He was so worried about Lois, taking one second to dry himself was one second too much.

One of the best short stories you have ever written! For a minute there my heart was in my throat. As the words passed my eyes I was wondering which one of Clark's old enemies could do such a thing ... with a cell phone.

Bruce nodded. “Diana said it was a jerk move.” He shrugged. “Barry got the phone for me.”

Diana is on point as always and Barry always loved a good prank....

Bruce go into hiding next year, preferably on a space station.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! I'm not sure how Clark can ever top this one though! Still, if I were Bruce, I'd be worried! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

This is in response to the 2021 Kerth Challenge #2, which asked for a character to receive a text with a time, a place, and a warning.
Does sound like a fun one!

CLARK: what’s fun about getting a fan letter telling me to be at the fountain in Centennial Park on Sunday evening at 6 pm or I’ll regret it for the rest of my life?

Clark’s phone buzzed on the night stand, where he’d left it to charge overnight as he and Lois had slept.
Clark Clark Clark, electronic devices do not go in the bedroom at night. Makes for a much better sleep.

LOIS: [Linked Image]

He kissed the top of her head, hoping that the simple act would soothe her back to sleep. She sighed softly, then snuggled into him even further. She murmured something inaudible, even to his sensitive ears and stilled her movements.
Aww, he switched her back into standby mode.

LOIS: Why he isn’t allowed to kiss me on the head during the morning meeting. Even when he’s late and brings coffee and a chocolate croissant.

Could it be one of their kids?
JON: Dad, yosad t cal ya wen wer t drnk t fli.

and still preferred to use them mainly to talk to people.
Huh? What do mean “talk to people with them?” confused

If you want your secret to remain a secret, you’ll need to show up to the top of the South Tower of the Metropolis Bridge at exactly 11pm tonight.
Intrigue!

Then, suddenly, she shot a hand out and grabbed it. She turned the screen back on and, with both of her thumbs flying into action, she began to text.
Yeah, you don’t want to engage in a flame war with an Internet troll. Or a literal flame war with a literal troll.

Lois frowned. “I almost forgot. He’s getting his cast off. I can’t believe you broke his leg,” she teased.
And here I was refraining from suggesting how the blackmailer is putting a awful lot of trust in the fact that Superman wouldn’t just vaporize him like the NK did with the soldiers.

CLARK: I would never. Jimmy just needed a believable excuse for why he missed the date with his fiancée. He couldn’t really tell her that his girlfriend was getting a pregnancy test, now could he?

“Maybe you shouldn’t have distracted me by wearing that shirt I like so much.”
The one she’s almost not wearing?

“You don’t think it might be some previously unknown spawn of Lex, do you?”
Has it already been a year?

Clark stared at her. How could she possibly be hungry when his appetite was nowhere to be found in his panic?
Normal day at the office, huh?

He opened the conference room door, where Lois was already waiting – and pacing – and let Jimmy in first.
Just realized – Jimmy could easily jump to Lois becoming a grandmother given their current state of distress.

“Uh, CK, now you’re really worrying me,” Jimmy quipped, uneasily eying Clark as he worked. His job done, Clark guided Lois to a chair,
laugh

“Damn,” he said in disbelief. He looked slightly green.
Jimmy seems a bit guilty.

Absolutely! Don’t worry, guys, I’ll find him…or her…for you.”
Yep, sounds guilty to me. Or in the know.

Clark’s mind was numb. “I forgot they even still made those,”
He needs to get out more l. Or watch TV. Although, at least over here a registration policy was introduced two or three years ago, so you have to have a verified identity to activate your SIM card.

“Why would I do that? It’s not like our mystery texter is going to be like “my name is Joe and I’m standing on the corner of Vine and Hale.”
Hmm maybe not text but how about getting a call from his own unknown number. Dumb criminal might pick up using his name. I mean, he did use an unblocked number. /Isn’t sure about current carrier policies regarding the blocking of one’s own number/

I have your wife.
/Checks calendar/ Tuesday.

So, they do have find-my-phone and the kid l-tracking-app loaded onto Lois’s phone, right?

Also, taking Lois could be dangerous. She was once known as a self-rescuing damsel before she became Superman’s girlfriend.

“Clark? It’s me.”
See? Only question is if the kidnapper is still able to procreate in the future.

They knew it was rare for him to be in such a foul mood.
Yes, there’s been a marked drop in lonappings after the first couple of years and several lonappers no longer being able to procreate.

because even a fraction of a second not spent looking for Lois would have been a waste of precious time.
Now, it would be an interesting biomath challenge to figure out if the wet suit drags Superman’s speed down more than the time needed for drying it off would.

“There’s no choice. Lois is depending on me.”
What if the whole thing is a surprise ceremony for Superman and blackmail is the only guaranteed way to make sure nothing more important drags him away?

“I’d never hurt her,” came a deep voice from the shadows.
[Linked Image] Grunt.

Surprise! “And the kidnapping…” “My idea,” Lois admitted, biting her lower lip as she gauged his reaction.
See? Surprise ceremony.

“Clark, what’s today’s date?” Bruce asked, a smirk upon his face, the only readable thing beneath the cowl of Batman.
Wedding anniversary.

. “April. April first.”
Oops.

“Mad?” Clark echoed. “Mad? Just because I’m gonna kill Bruce doesn’t mean…”
Now now, Clark, we don’t wanna overreact here. The trucker doing 70 below wouldn’t appreciate bits of bat cape splattering his windscreen.

And the number: Was it 04012021? And jimmy noticed?

“Pretending to be an insurance agent for the supposed fire at my house? While I was on my honeymoon. In Bali. And then getting Alfred to pretend he was at the hospital?”
Oh dear. Kitten’s not gonna be happy about that. And Kryptonite is kind of a jewel. And it’s locked away in safes in various impenetrable institutions. Why is he still able to fly around instead of groaning from Kryptonite poisoning.

SELINA: Umm … it’s not because I found it funny. Uh-ugh.

“Oh, and happy April Fool’s, Clark.”
You do realize you did not post this even close to April 1st?

And you sparked an Aprils’ Fools idea evil I don’t know if it’s truly workable (read: how much suspension of disbelieve is needed) but there’s Lois, there’s Clark, there’s Superman, and there’s a not-so-fake minister involved. angel-devil

This was a very unexpected vignette. The title suggested it’s more of a funny, then you started to pile on the suspension and one never knows, Lois’s did get taken to Never-Never Land in vignettes, too. I did have fun!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard