Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Terry! wave

Thankfully we're still able to work from home. It's been... interesting. I went out for the first time since we went on lockdown this week to meet up with some co-workers for lunch. It was a breath of fresh air to get out of the house and have a small piece of normalcy. No commute. More time with the kids and hubby. I'm not in a hurry to return to work, but I do miss the face to face interaction.

Here's to hoping things calm down and we can venture out for more trips. With everything going on.... well, I'm just taking it day by day. Hope you're all doing well. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I've been working from home for about two months now. I hate to say it, but I'm not looking forward to going back. We're finally over my boss's must-have-four-hours-of-conference-calls-a day-so-I-know-what-everyone-is-doing-bit and I've been able to get some work done. It's really gratifying to be able to work without interruptions for a while each day and then see that I've moved the needle on a project or two. Michigan is ending the stay at home orders but my company only wants us in the office two days a week until July. Now that they know the IT system can handle large groups working from home I'm hoping that working from home becomes more common.

Farmerbabe actually went out and got a job during the COVID shutdown. She's been working for a grocery chain filling curbside orders . She enjoys helping people but the crew she works with is...young. She's thinking about a more professional office position with less drama again.

Overall, we're grateful to be healthy and blessed.

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CT is slowly starting to open. We just got the okay for outdoor (only) dining, by reservation at a lot of places. I think salons can open mid-late June. Summer camps should be starting the end of the month.

We, however, have not left our house since before St. Patrick's Day, except for take out and curbside grocery pickup, which just started back up a few weeks ago. Thank goodness. Instacart is awesome but SO much more expensive. I don't mind heartily tipping the people who shop for me - they are putting themselves in potential danger - but I'm also thankful for the much less expensive curbside option. We've tried to tip them too, but they aren't allowed to accept tips, which I think is wrong, but what can you do? I DID run the kids over to the school last week - they put out bins to return things like classroom materials and library books. And since it was Sports Day, where the kids would have played games outside for a good portion of the day, the school left out boxes of unfrozen ice pops. I don't mind saying that I was half-terrified to go. But we were literally the only people there. We have to swing by again this week to do a curbside pickup of things that got left in the classroom (headphones to use with the iPads, art projects, that sort of thing) and let the girls say goodbye to their teachers. It's bittersweet. I would normally go and grab a picture of them with their teacher but I don't think we'll be allowed to.

We've just had a protest in town this past week (thankfully peaceful) for the whole BLM movement. The pictures I saw didn't appear to show a lot of social distancing and I'm afraid what our Corona numbers are going to look like in the next few weeks, though I did see a fair number of masks. We don't seem to have slowed much as it is. Hospitalizations seem to be on a downward trend though. So I'm hoping that maybe the virus is perhaps mutating and becoming less severe for some people. I still have my fingers crossed for a vaccine. (My best friend from high school works for Pfizer and they have I think she said 3 different vaccines in trials right now. She's not on the team developing it but it oddly gives me comfort just knowing she's part of one of the drug companies working on a vaccine.)

We're a bit stir crazy here. I've completed 3 jigsaw puzzles and have a 4th ready to start. I've completed a bunch of random achievements in World of Warcraft. The kids and I have painted rocks and made a salt dough stepping stone (that is getting kind mushy now). At least the weather has been nice lately. We've had lots of time out in the yard - I have literally never been this tan before the official start of summer, ever.

My parents and in-laws are getting antsy about when they might get to see us/the kids. They understand why we're not gung-ho about visiting/having them visit but I'm sure it's hard on them. We Facetime as much as we can, but it's not the same. But we're taking NO chances with the underlying health issues in the family - the asthma and diabetes here and on my parents' side, as well as the above age 60 risk factor for both sets of parents.

Oh, and thank GOODNESS the school year is almost over. Homeschooling is killing us. If you believe in prayer, please pray for a vaccine before schools return in the fall. I don't think I can handle anymore of this.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard