Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#286625 03/17/20 08:37 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is here .

Sorry it's not a comedy. I just want to say thank you to everyone who works in the medical field, and everyone else who is doing their part to help fight this thing.

~•~
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a lovely tribute!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap Interesting concept with the lava dipping. Great job Queenie. clap

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a powerful and timely story. Thank you for sharing it.

It reminds me of this tribute to the real-life heroes of 9/11.

Stay healthy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Powerful and timely! Well done! I was actually just thinking of Superman potentially being a super-carrier of disease (shower thoughts, huh?) so I really like the lava dipping idea. Thanks for sharing!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
H iMary!
It had become the new routine: leave the rescue, and dip into some lava to burn off any germs.
Oh, a COVID-19 themed story peep

He couldn’t exactly punch a virus,
Maybe if someone told him that there’s a lot of virus on Lex’s nose?

and there was no maniac with a plan demanding a ransom for the cure.
We just had a news report where a president apparently tried to buy an exclusive contract with scientists working a promising cure in a company located in a foreign nation with the intention of firstly, having access and secondly, having said access exclusively for the president's own country. And no, that’s fact and it’s not about one of the banana-republic presidents.

She’d almost resorted to threats and bribery until Lucy had innocently pointed out the irony of the woman who'd rebelled against the medical field for reporting having a son who wanted to do the reverse
rotflol

“Good luck,” Clark said quietly from where he hovered.

The younger man nodded. “Thanks, Dad,” he said, and disappeared into the building once again.
clap

Poignant story!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Don't apologize for not being funny. Laughter is nearly always welcome, but it's not always appropriate. I think you struck just the right tone with this. You showed that heroes aren't always the ones wearing the flashy clothes or have the extra powers. The ones who toil behind the scenes, never receiving their due, always having more work than there is time, those are the real heroes. And I think it's brilliant that Lois's son is a doctor fighting this epidemic with everything he's got.

Michael, I wish you'd provided a link or some reference to the news report you mentioned. I'd like to know who that is and what he/she is supposed to have said and done (or tried to do).

Thank you, Mary. Really. You hit the bulls-eye with this one. Good work, lady.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Michael, I wish you'd provided a link or some reference to the news report you mentioned. I'd like to know who that is and what he/she is supposed to have said and done (or tried to do).

Terry, I don't wish to detract from the story and fdk so sent you the most recent article I could find about the aforementioned attempt to buy the exclusive rights to a vaccine. Basically, the firm denies the attempt happened BUT the German government and the company's main investor say that it did.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Vicki. That was also my intent why I didn't post any details. Political discussions don't mix well with FDK smile I just found it to be a case of life imitating art and given it was confirmed at the highest levels of the German government, there was enough substance to make a reference to it.

Terry, if you need more info, I can happily google it. From what I can tell, there's a number of established English-speaking news reports on this available (Financial Times, CNN, etc).

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jon Kent as a doctor. Perfect. As I wrote once on these boards, doctors, nurses and medical support staff deserve much praise, they are the unsung heroes working quietly in the background to keep us safe. During this crisis they need all our cooperation and support. Let's continue to do so. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard