Pulitzer
Part 35 is here.

Comments go here. smile

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wow. This has been gone a while. But I'm glad it's back.

I'm glad you're back with it, Queenie.

It seems that the relationship tangle between Clark and Lois is reversed in the tangle between Michel and Suzanne. She seems to be jealous of the attack-mode reporter from America, and relieved when she finds out that Lois is tangled up with Clark Kent. And her little hint about Superman being in less danger if he'd confine himself to assisting at disasters, combined with her knowing smile when Michel stumbles and says that he'll tell Superman the next time he sees the hero - and what are the odds of that? - hint that she understands him a whole lot better than he thinks she does.

Suzanne knows more than she's telling. And she feels more than she's telling, too. I think she knows something very 'super' about Michel that he thinks is a total secret. And I think she's in love with him, too. I wonder when she'll tell him.

Of course, Michel is very close to being in love with Suzanne, too, but he's too skittish to talk with her about his feelings. You've reversed the early Clark/Lois dynamic without switching the Kryptonian heritage, and it's working. Please promise your muse(s) some chocolate, a cruise to the Caribbean, separate vacations, anything to get more for this tale! With all that's been going on in my life over the past year, I'd forgotten about this story with it's rich but all-too-brief chapters (hint-hint wink-wink nudge-nudge), and I'm very pleased to find it here again. It's fun to see the relationships develop, and when the guys get themselves right in the head, I'd bet that Lois and Suzanne will become cautious friends and bond over coffee and pie and a discussion about loving a super-powered man and they'll be thrilled to talk it over with someone who really understands what the other is experiencing. But I think you've got a lot more ground to cover before you get there, so start walking!

Please. Now that you're back with this, I'm eager to see more.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary, so good to see you back at it again! hyper
"Miss Lane?!" he sputtered.
How did she find him in *Paris*? And for that matter, how did she *get* to Paris?

Susanne raised an eyebrow at him. "Michel? Who is this?"
His other girlfriend. This is supposedly a pretty normal relationship style in France.

Miss Lane, apparently either understanding the question or simply realizing that he wasn't alone, stuck a hand out to Susanne and started to moo out an introduction.
Yeah, probably not even aware that there’s other male specimen out there, now that she got a Clarkman. Superkent? huh Also, did Michel just call her a cow in his head? Probably a good thing this Lois can’t Teep (yet), or he might be soon confronted with green gemstones.

Susanne nodded. "Ah, yes, when your people made Superman go to court for being a hero."
laugh

"But was that not the day you had to visit your sick aunt in Canada?"
Yes, but Canada doesn’t have any direct flights from Paris, so Michel had to go to Metropolis, then fly up north to the Niagara Falls (US side) and then use a dog sleigh to get to Toronto.

"The one who supposedly stole something top-secret and then came to Metropolis? Only get this: he apparently never arrived!"
Oh, no, but he did. They just never checked Nigel’s diplomatic pouch.

Michel raised an eyebrow at Lois. "Did you really come all the way to Paris just to ask us these questions?"
No, she also wanted to have a 15 minute flight with Superman. Paris was just on the way.

"I was investigating an art forgery ring back in Metropolis, and wound up in a crate being taken to the Louvre."
*eep*

"But I'm fine, now," she continued, "So all I have to do is call Perry, and in the meantime, why not work on that other case while I'm here?"
Good thing nobody wanted to see a passport yet. She might end up at Château d'If.

Susanne snorted and reached for the remains of her coffee. "So that was Lois Lane. Do you suppose you can tell me what Superman sees in her?"
/uses both hands to mime a Coca Cola bottle curves/

Why not let the police deal with the criminals?
Because then he wouldn’t have an alive girlfriend.

And perhaps, the next time you see him, you could caution him to at least be careful."
Yes, he should always use protection.

"Of course," he replied automatically, then hastily back-peddled. "Er, if I see him, that is."

"Of course," said Susanne, her smile growing.

Michel chuckled. "And really, what would be the odds?"
Ah, yes, she thinks that Michel is Superman and was worried that Lois is involved with Superman.

Cute part. Mo’ please?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard