chapter 17 :

"Yes and no, my lord." Ching started who saw the face of his commander changing.

"What do you mean, Ching?" Kal-El asked worriedly.

"They are both unconscious but alive my lord," Ching said.

"Where are they?" The commander asked his voice showing signs of breaking.

"In the recovery, lord Kal-el. The doctor is with them." Ching responded in a small voice.

"Patch me through, Ching I want to speak to the doctor now."

Ching nodded, "yes, my lord." before he pushed on a few buttons to connect New-Krypton with the recovery room.
The base of New-Krypton could be connected to every room in the ship, there were screens everywhere. Normally Kal-el or Lady Zara would appear on the screen without the need to push a button. The only room where they needed to push a button was the recovery room. It was to keep the patient's privacy.

A few beeps caught the doctor’s attention. He pushed the required buttons.

“My lord.” the doctor bowed.

“How are they, doctor?” Kal-el asked his voice full of worries.

“They are stable, my lord. Lois was lucky though. being pregnant on this planet saved her. The pills she is carrying with her were fake. The doctor said, “The longer they stay this way though, the lesser chance,...” a female groan stopped the doctor.

“Clark?” a soft voice whispered. The doctor turned around just in time to witness Lois opening her eyes.

“My lord, Your partner just woke up.” The doctor said walking towards his patient.

“How are you feeling, Lady Lois?” The doctor asked.

“Fine, was that Kal-el’s voice? Are we back already?” Lois asked confused.

“I am here, Lois.” sounded from beside her, “You are still on your way but I am glad you are okay. please rest now, you made it.” Kal-el said softly happy that Lois was awake now.

“I am fine, honey,” Lois said stubbornly. She didn’t know that she needed rest for two now. Kal-el smiled, this was a typical reaction for his Lois.

“Lois, you need to rest for two now.” Kal-el smiled brightly

Lois looked confused at her partner’s face at the screen on her left side.

“You are pregnant, Lois,” Kal-el said brightly beaming with pride he was going to be a father.

Lois looked towards the doctor in disbelief who nodded his head, “Yes, Lady Lois, you are pregnant. We are sure because your pills were fake and the pregnancy gave you the ability to breathe on every planet.”

“What do you mean, the pills were fake?” Lois asked agitated.

“Easy, Lois, don’t stress too much, I will investigate this immediately.” Kal-el said sternly, his voice turned soft after that, “Take a rest, honey, you will be here soon enough. I will get to the bottom of this. I love you.”

“I love you too,” Lois said obviously tired.

“Go to sleep, Lois. I will see you when you get home to me.” Kal-el smiled.

Lois didn’t need more encouragement. She closed her eyes and fell in a deep sleep.

“How is my mother?” It was still strange for Kal-el to call Lady Lara, mother but that’s what she was. She would never be called mom that name was for Martha for eternity.

“I will leave you now, doctor. Please contact me or Lady Zara if something changes.” Kal-El said with authority in his voice.

The rest of the travel went without any trouble. It was about ten minutes before landing that Lady Lara opened her eyes.

“Where am I?” Lady Lara asked confused looking around. She immediately saw the woman who risked her life to save hers.

“Welcome back, Lady Lara.” The doctor said from a corner of the recovery room. He hadn’t had the heart to leave the two brave women.

“Is she alright?” She asked looking towards Lois. She would feel horrible if something happened to her. She owed her so much. Thanks to this woman who clearly had captured her son’s heart she was now on her way back home.

“Yes, my lady she is sleeping, she had been awake already.” The good doctor said it wasn’t his job to tell the mother of Kal-El that she will be a grandmother soon.

The woman sighed in relief. The doctor waited another five minutes before walking Lois up.

“Lady Lois?” The doctor shook her shoulder carefully.

Lois yawned, “I was more tired than I thought. You wanted to ask something?” Lois asked stretching herself.

“We will be landing in another five minutes my Lady.” The doctor was walking around now.

Lois smiled, “Thank you, doctor, Could you do an ultrasound on New-Krypton? I want to know if everything is still alright with the baby.”

“Of course, my lady. I will do it the moment you and my lord have ten minutes to spare.” The doctor smiled.

“Wait a minute? You are pregnant?” Lady Lara asked curiously.

Lois nodded brightly smiling from ear to ear. Lady Lara hugged her fiercely, “I am going to be a grandmother?”

Lois smiled again and nodded her head with a big smile on her head and tears in her eyes.

“Why are you crying?” Lady Lara asked.

Lois sighed deeply, “Because of the yellow sun, your son has some great powers but it also means that we couldn’t have children. Here on New-Krypton, he is just like me and that made it probably possible for me to get pregnant.”

Ching walked into the recovery, “My Ladies. We are going to land, please hold on.”

Both women nodded and walked behind Ching to take their seats. They were finally home.

New-Krypton had lots of landing places on the outskirts of town. Normally a hovercar would bring the travelers to the palace. This time was different though. Kal-el had announced that Lady Lara was safe and on her way back. Ching had informed his commander that both women were awake and healthy.

The Supreme ruler and his Kryptonian wife were waiting patiently for the ship to open. Ching was the first to come down to salute the ladies at the end of the ramp. Even though Lois was a partner too, she still was more being the partner of the Supreme ruler. Especially now that she was expecting.

Lois was the first to come down. Kal-el smiled brightly having his earthly wife back. Like protocol asked of Lois she bowed and took her place three steps behind the father of her child. Lady Lara was next to come down. People were already cheering. Lara smiled when she finally saw her grown up son. The son she had sent to earth never had dared to dream of seeing him back. The Supreme ruler and Lady Zara bowed and Lady Lara bowed in return. She no longer ruled but was still an important nobility on the planet. The soldiers and the doctor had left the ship through the back ramp. Glad to be home again. Tomorrow was going to be a celebration day, today was strictly for the royal family.

Back at the palace, Lois jumped into her earth husband's arms. She had missed him so damn much. Her last thoughts went to him when she thought she was going to die on that podium.

"The doctor said we could do the ultrasound when we were ready." Lois smiled brightly, "I just want to know that everything is fine now."

Kal-el smiled, "Come on let's go have a look."
They both walked to the doctor, Lois lovingly pulled into his side. He didn't want to think about protocol right now, he almost lost her.

Kal-el knocked on the door, again for privacy reasons.

"Enter" sounded from the other side.

Kal-el and Lois entered. The doctor who had been traveling with them was a young blond man. He was the son of Aakai, his name was Zokai.

"My lord, Lady Lois. I am glad you found time to see me." Zokai bowed out of respect, "Lady Lois if you please?" The doctor pointed to a chair in the middle of the room. A screen was placed over Lois her belly after she had taken her seat.

Zokai pushed the button and an ultrasound appeared on the ceiling.

"You are about three weeks, Lady Lois and everything is going as planned."

"Thanks, Zokai." Kal-el said, "maybe we can think about going home?"

"Sorry to disappoint you my lord, due to earth's yellow sun it's best to leave when the child is born and three months old to survive it," Zokai said softly.

Both soon to be parents nodded, "Thank you, Zokai."

"Maybe, that's not so bad, honey. Lady Zara and need our help." Lois said.

"How do you know that?" Kal-el asked.

"Ching talked to me." Lois smiled while they were walking back to the throne room to meet with Ching, Zara, and Lara. There was still something to investigate.

TBC

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *