Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Please enjoy this random bit of fluff! cool

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Got to love Lucy and her advice. Little sister definitely knows best!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a fun story. It really puts both Lois's and Clark's actions into a proper perspective.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good ol' Lucy, giving Lois some perspective! (And glad to see a fic where Claude didn't get off Scott free!)

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe

Absolutely! It was fun to write a story where Lucy is more level-headed than her older sister too. But we all know Lois doesn't exactly think straight around Clark. grin

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
What a fun story. It really puts both Lois's and Clark's actions into a proper perspective.

Joy,
Lynn

Thank you, Lynn! Glad you liked it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Good ol' Lucy, giving Lois some perspective! (And glad to see a fic where Claude didn't get off Scott free!)

Thanks, Queenie! I'm not sure if the firing/blacklisting is canon or just head canon for me, but it's nice to give him his comeuppance either way. And you KNOW Perry would have gone all Papa Bear on anyone who hurt Lois.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

Absolutely! It was fun to write a story where Lucy is more level-headed than her older sister too. But we all know Lois doesn't exactly think straight around Clark. grin

Yep I think we already know that Clark scrambled her brains when he answered the door in a towel and when in the suit grin

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

Yep I think we already know that Clark scrambled her brains when he answered the door in a towel and when in the suit grin

I think it's fair to assume he scrambled ALL our brains when he did the towel thing. Ha! drool jump

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ohhh! This is so good! I always wondered how Lois dealt with that particular come comeuppance.

Lois clenched her jaw as her fist tightened. She made a lunge forward, as though attacking an opponent in her Tae Kwon Do classes. Her fisted hand struck thin air right around where she judged Clark’s solar plexus would be, even if she wasn’t totally visualizing punching him per se. The movement was soothing though, and Lois spent the next few minutes attacking phantom enemies as she kicked, punched, spun, blocked, dodged, and lunged in a tight circle in her cramped living room, until she’d worked up a sweat and felt marginally better as some of her ire cooled.

Excellent! What a great way to work off her frustration and anger.

Lucy steamrolled right over her; a trait she’d inherited from their mother. “Is your partner,” she reminded her sister, “whether you like it or not. You should be helping each other, not stealing from each other.”

Lois shook her head, fighting down – and mostly losing – the blush that was threatening to redden her face. “Okay, I admit, maybe I took it a little far when I stole his story. But if I’m going to be forced to work with him, he’s got to learn to keep up. He can’t be the naïve little farm boy he is.”

“He’s not,” Lucy said pointedly, sobering up from her earlier mirth. “His trick today? Do you really think he would have done that if you hadn’t done it to him first?” She didn’t wait for an answer. “No. That was a message, Lois. He’s not going to let you bully him around like you’ve done to all the other partners Perry had tried with you.”

So true Lucy! There are things our siblings can say to us that no one else can get away with. Lois had been very high-handed with her former partners and now it is time that she receive a little payback in kind. Clark was only defending himself and other staffers at the Daily Planet from suffering through such a situation with Lois.

“So what?” Lucy asked, throwing her hands up in the air. “He made you look foolish for a fraction of a day. Remember when Claude stole your story? And won an award for it?”

“Yes,” Lois replied cautiously. “You’d better be going somewhere with this,” she added, feeling the old flames of hatred and shame over Claude’s deception flaring back into life.

Lucy didn’t respond to the unvoiced threat in Lois’ voice. “You got him fired and blacklisted so no other paper would hire him,” she reminded her Lois.

DC, I would LOVE to see how you would handle such a story!!!! spider

“I know what I’m talking about,” Lucy lightly defended herself. “Okay, I know I don’t have the best track record with men. But take some sisterly advice, Lois. Clark…he’s a rare man. Handsome, decent, and he can take whatever you dish out. I’m not saying you have to marry the guy but…give him a chance…a real chance…to prove himself as your partner. Stop giving him a hard time. Who knows? Working together, you might just become an unstoppable team.”

What a GREAT way to start off the new year!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you, Morgana! Glad you enjoyed it! Unfortunately, that kind of sister talk? If I (the older sister) told my (younger) sister anything like what Lucy is saying, I'd be ignored for sure. At least Lois is listening. And Clark really WAS just getting his due.

I don't, unfortunately, have any immediate plans for a Claude story, but the request has been tossed to the muse to marinate on. Who knows? She pulls out the most random stories sometimes.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Fun follow-up to the show's Lois and Lucy discussion after Lois stole Clark's story. Even inebriated Lucy can see more clearly than Lois. lol

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Fun follow-up to the show's Lois and Lucy discussion after Lois stole Clark's story. Even inebriated Lucy can see more clearly than Lois. lol

Thank you! Clark really has a way of making Lois' mind go to mush, huh? Haha!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Thanks DC. Thoroughly enjoyed the story.

I agree with you about the sister talk--Lois would probably ignore the advice, but I can also see it coming back with interest when Lucy finds out that she's dating Clark. Big payback then.

(Oh look, my icon is now an "S".)

Last edited by Shallowford; 02/06/20 02:05 PM.

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Shallowford
Thanks DC. Thoroughly enjoyed the story.

I agree with you about the sister talk--Lois would probably ignore the advice, but I can also see it coming back with interest when Lucy finds out that she's dating Clark. Big payback then.

(Oh look, my icon is now an "S".)

Thanks, glad you liked it! I agree, Lucy would NOT let an "I told you so" opportunity slip by. Hmm...I'll submit it to the muse.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard