Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#286090 12/22/19 01:24 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Posting a day early due to the holiday. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and a very Happy New Year. Clark won't be aware of any of it, but all in good fun, right? devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ten years? Wow! And Lois is still looking? Some of the supers are still poking around? This is some kind of commitment.

It's also quite a jump in time. Do you plan to fill in the blanks for our heroic characters? What have they been doing for the last decade?

Ten years! Are Martha and Jonathan still around? Has Lois moved on with her life? Is she still at the Planet or has she gone independent? Will the MDs at Arkham examine Clark and realize he's been tortured? It would make a huge difference in the course of his psychological treatment. Does Lex plan to monitor Clark's condition? Surely he won't just wash his hands of his greatest triumph.

Arkham Asylum in Gotham City, eh? Wonder how long before Batman hears about the new arrival who thinks he's Superman, the poor schlub.

Actually, having Luthor put Clark in a Gotham asylum - while a very good plot twist - strikes me as a tactical error, one about which Nigel should have cautioned him. Even if Lex discounts the Batman, he has to know that the Bat would keep tabs on all the crazies in Arkham and check out any new patients, especially one with a tie to Superman, no matter how tenuous. But then, maybe that's what you've got in store for us.

Biggest question: Will this broken and shattered Clark ever return, even to a shadow of his former self? Or are you a really, truly, devastatingly evil devil?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Terry!

Yep, ten years and well...the evil continues. Lois is still looking. Mad Dog Lane does not give up. Jonathan and Martha are still around, still hoping, still listening for any news. Lois is still very much with the Planet. The asylum...the doctors...I'm not saying. Maybe you're right, maybe the muse went elsewhere. And I won't say a word on Bats. But Clark is a...special case...

Luthor has no idea the supers are looking for Clark/Superman. While it's no secret Superman is missing, the supers aren't exactly loud and out there about their search. Subtly may (or may not) work in their favor. Too much attention to their search could jeopardize Clark's life, if a villain were to have him and get skittish.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll leave it up to you to determine how evil you view me. devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard