Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#285996 12/02/19 01:34 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Have a great week, everyone! (Clark won't.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ouch. Really big Ouch.

Clark's in serious trouble. Lois knows. His parents are in imminent danger. Lois is surely being watched, and her foray into Clark's apartment will soon be reported to Luthor. I would not be surprised to see Lois suffer some physical injuries herself.

You promised to break all the toys. You've already started. And it'll get a lot worse before it gets any better.

And I have no inkling as to whether or not you'll eventually fix any of the toys, even partially. Clark may be so traumatized at the end that he can't be around Lois for fear that Luthor (even if he's dead by then) will hurt him again. The collateral damage might include Jonathan and Martha after all. And the former Planet employees might be in danger also. Lois might be the one to kill Luthor before his true nature is made public, making her a hunted murderer. Worse - maybe - she might sacrifice herself to take down Luthor and save Clark.

You, DC, are truly evil. There may be little hope for your own redemption if this turns out as I fear it will. May you avoid the pillory where I have been lashed a few times.

And the worst part? You're an outstanding writer. You've captured your principal characters perfectly. Luthor's inner slime devil just oozes off the screen. Nigel's complete lack of remorse and absence of any moral character makes him as dangerous as Asia's common krait (highly venomous snake). Lois' determination to find the man she really loves will drive her to do things she might not ordinarily do. And Clark's I'm-the-hero-I-have-to-protect-everyone-I-love mentality will push him into mortal danger.

Superman may be gone permanently by the final chapter, given the length of time Luthor will have him under the Kryptonite. GASP! The bad guy might win after all!

You're going to torture us, I can tell. And you'll be laughing at every feedback post bemoaning the villain performing his devil deeds. Bwahaha indeed.

Good work. Keep it up.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Terry,

I'm blushing, really. Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the fic so far.

Things will definitely get a lot worse, as you've stated. But perhaps not in the way you might expect. Lex very much has the upper hand here - there's no reason for him to kill Jonathan and Martha at the moment, unless he gets annoyed with Clark's defiance. And really, it wouldn't do to have the parents of someone reported missing go missing themselves. Or turn up dead. Lex is smart and is flying as far under the radar as he can. And he still thinks Lois will come crawling back. I think he always underestimated just how smart she is. Which is not to say that Lois will crack the case here. Plus, as with Jonathan and Martha, killing his ex-fiancé would cause too much suspicion.

You're right about one thing. I WILL be laughing at all the feedback calling me evil. devil

Writing Luthor and Nigel was fun. I used to be intimidated by the thought of climbing inside Luthor's head, but it's so slimy that it's really easy to slip and fall into the void. And Nigel is kind of fun too. I think, sometimes, he becomes a bit of a background brute and it gets lost that he's as deadly and violent as any villain. And he's smart, so he's even more dangerous than a common thug.

Thanks again for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard