chapter 15:

The night came fast. The girls were fast asleep so Lara and Lois sneaked out of the room. Lois opened her amulet around her neck so that she could reach the panic button when it would be needed. She could call it her gut feeling.

Lois was shocked when she saw the soldiers who had accompanied her dead on the floor. She pushed her panic button when a voice sounded behind her.

“Did you think that you could just escape?”

Both women turned around and stood face to face with Thrax.

“Grab them they die at dawn!” Thrax ordered the men behind him.

Lois grabbed Lara’s arm and took off, trying to outrun the soldiers. The chase started, eight of Thrax his men running behind them.

The spaceship was hidden a few miles from the castle. It was the closest they could come without being detected.

They kept running never looking back but they heard the boots behind them until they suddenly had to stop. More than a hundred soldiers were waiting for them because this was the only way they could leave.

That fact made the women stop. They looked towards the soldiers in front of them and back to the few behind them. Lois pushed her panic button and kept pushing. Lois swallowed at the discover she just made, somebody had messed with her button. Her only hope was that Ching would notice that it took way to long and start searching before their time was out.

The soldiers grabbed them. Lois tried to fight herself loose but it was no use. They dragged both women back inside. Leaving them to rot in the dungeon of the castle.

“I don’t understand.” Lois sighed, “My panic button didn’t work. It was tested so I am sure it worked.”

“You tried to help me, Lois. We need to keep hope that we find it on time. I never lost hope and you came.” Lara said to comfort Lois.

“I only made it worse and this time there's no Superman to help me.” Lois sighed deeply.

“Superman?” Lara asked confused.

Lois nodded, “Clark or Kal-El for you had powers because of the earth's yellow sun and he used them to help the people carrying the name Superman. He was wearing your symbol on his chest. He was disguised so that he could lead a normal life.”

“Which powers?” Lara asked curiously.

“He was super strong, he could lift a spaceship into the air. He had a sharp hearing, an Xray vision. He could start a fire or warm something with his eyes and the best of all he could fly fast.” Lois smiled thinking about her husband.

“I am grateful his earthly parents raised him into a good boy.” Lara said, “but if he was disguised how did you know then?”

“I didn’t at first, not even as his best friend until a near-death experience sharpened my senses. I already had a relationship with him at that time. They both touched my cheek in the same way on the same day. I was angry at first but his earthly mother talked to me and made me see how hard it was for him to share this. I was the first outsider to find out.” Lois said softly the thoughts of Clark making her sad.

“Don’t lose hope, Lois. You will see him again. You know I am grateful that he find a woman like you on earth.” Lara said.

Lois suddenly remembered something, “Lara, how well do you know Acra- Zil?”

Lara sighed and looked at the floor of the dungeon. It was something she didn’t want to remember.

“Lara, what happened to him?” Lois asked curiously sensing that something was wrong.

“I feared as much that he was behind this,” Lara whispered sadly.

Lois was really confused now.

“What do you mean, Lara?” Lois asked.

“In the beginning, he was the one who helped me grief my husband’s death and I talked to him about what had happened. He had promised me that if he had the chance he would travel around the universe to look for the survivors of my people that was until the night before he disappeared. He got handy and I refused to sleep with him. That’s when I slapped him. I was going to pay for this was the last thing he said.” Lara confessed.

“The son of a bitch, has messed up my safety plan and now he is at the palace with Clark, I mean Kal-El, I hope everything will be alright there.”

It was only an hour until dawn so if they were going to help them, they better hurry. She slammed the amulet against her hand and pushed it one more time.

LOIS AND CLARK

Ching was watching when the two women would arrive when the sound of an incoming message roamed to the room.

“My lord.” Ching bowed when he saw Kal-El’s face.

“Are things going according to plan?” Kal-El asked trying to hide his worries for Lois.

“They can come at any moment now sir. We didn’t get any panic alarms yet.” Ching said.

“Are the men still ready, just in case?” Kal-El asked.

“Yes, lord Kal-El.” Ching saluted his commander.

Ching was still in conversation when the red alarm went off.

Ching looked at the screen beside the screen showing his commander and swallowed. Kal-El noticed that, “Ching, talk to me, what wrong.”

“It’s the panic alarm, my lord, the women are in danger.” Ching swallowed. This was the worst time that this could happen.

“Lois?” Kal-El asked worried now.

“We will get her back my lord,” Ching said.

“You know more, don’t you?” Kal-El asked irritated.

Ching didn’t answer him immediately. He turned away from the screen swallowed and called in the man underneath him in rank.
“It’s like we feared. They captured the two women and placed them in the dungeon you will have the map on your bracelet. Now go and save them. Whatever it costs.” Ching ordered.

The man nodded and bowed. He turned to leave, to follow up on his order.

“Ching, you might be my wife’s partner but that doesn’t mean you can disrespect me by not answering my question. Now, what is going on there? Where are Lois and Lara?” Kal-El said he didn’t like what he just heard.

“For one reason or another, Lois chose now to push the button. I ordered to place a GPS into the amulet. That way we could locate her. She is stuck inside the palaces’ dungeons. We are at full war now my lord.” Ching said.

“Keep me updated, Ching,” Kal-El said before closing down the conversation. Lois was in danger and there wasn’t a Superman to save her this time. Her life was laying in the hands of his soldiers.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *