Chapter 3:

“I must be the luckiest woman alive,” Kimberly smiled while she looked at the photo from her and Tommy. She sighed before she continued, “I can’t believe that two months passed without seeing each other. Soon we will have the rest of our lives to spend together.” Kimberly looked up from the photo in her lap.

Lois and Clark smiled softly at each other when they notice how much affection Kimberly feels for her fiance.

“What else do you want to know?” Kimberly sighs happily before she turns her attention back to the reporters of the Daily Planet.

“I am sorry that you need to hear me rambling about him. It would be a dull article if I don’t stop now.” Kimberly laughed.

“I don’t think so, people do like to read about the life of celebrities and the partners behind them. In your case, your fiance, Tommy Oliver.” Lois smiled.

Kimberly smiles at hearing this. She had a good feeling with this couple. They wouldn’t write anything she didn’t want to be known.

“Is there any chance to meet this wonderful man?” Lois asked curiously. Clark shook his head leave it to Lois to ask something like that.

Kimberly nodded her head, “Yes, I expect him any time now. He was flying in today.”

“Hey, do I need to be jealous here?” Clark teased Lois. Something normally didn’t do while they were working but they felt so relaxed during this interview. It was like they knew Kimberly for years instead of meeting her today for the very first time. They felt a new friendship being born here.

Kimberly laughed with Clark teasing Lois, she too felt like she had known these people for longer than today.

“I don’t think so, I know he has only eyes for me.” She laughed.

Clark smiles, “I am only kidding. I am not afraid of losing Lois.”

“Not even to Superman?” Jimmy asked curiously.

Lois and Clark looked at each other for a moment before Clark responded, “No Jimmy, not anymore.”

Kimberly looked confused, she had noticed the look between them after Jimmy's comment about Superman. It was like they knew more than they led out about the man of steel. Instead, Kimberly responded, “I am not the only woman with a good man behind her.”

“You are right, Kimberly. I am a lucky woman with Clark by my side. Even if it took me a long time to finally realize it. I am thankful that he never gave up on me, on us.” Lois smiled placing her hand on Clark’s leg lovingly.

“Handsome, good and modest, you better hold on to him, Lois.” Kimberly smiled.

“I am the lucky one that she finally loves me.” Clark smiled, he still couldn’t believe that she loved all of him. Something that wasn’t easy knowing that in reality, he wasn’t as human as Lois and Jimmy. It didn’t matter in which direction you turned it he would always be an alien.

“It feels great to be loved so much, isn’t it?” Kimberly smiled.

Both Lois and Clark nodded at this comment. Lois herself never thought that she would ever find a love as she did with Clark.

Jimmy sighs and looked away, he felt a little left out at the moment with nobody in his life.

Kimberly notices this and turned towards Jimmy, “don’t worry you will find the love of your life soon enough. I can introduce you to a couple of girls from the team.” Kimberly smiled

Jimmy’s smiled widened at hearing this, “Awesome!”

“I think they could use some attention of their own after listening to my love story for the past two years.” Kimberly laughed before she continued, “One, in particular, she is more of a hopeless romantic then I am. She would love to meet a great guy like you as long as you treat her well that is.” Kimberly said planning on playing matchmaker.

“This woman would be lucky with Jimmy, he is a good guy. He just never found the right one for him,” said Clark supporting his friend.

“Well, just call me your fairy godmother than.” Kimberly teased and winked at the young photographer.

“I’ll introduce you to her at the ball. You are coming right?” Kimberly asked.

“It’s one of the biggest events of the year. I will be there alright. Someone has to take pictures right?” Jimmy smiled cheerfully.

“Good I will see you there then. You will never know that you just might find your Cinderella at the ball.” Kimberly smiled.

“I’ll hope so,” Jimmy said thinking back to the press conference earlier when he saw all those beautiful women who were on the team but no one was as beautiful as the red-haired woman next to Kimberly. Jimmy was utterly spellbound.

“Kimberly, can I ask you something? Who was that beautiful red-haired woman sitting right next to you?” Jimmy asked shyly.

“That was Amber Allison Jensen, but we all call her Alli,” Kimberly grins knowingly.

“Is she the one you meant?” Jimmy asked shyly.

“Oh, the romantic one? Yes, she is the one.” Kimberly smiled happily. She was sure that this was going to work.

Jimmy’s smile grew from ear to ear after hearing this, “Awesome.” he said cheerfully.

“You might just be her prince charming. Like I said fairy godmother at your service.” Kimberly laughed, “The only thing I am missing is some wings and a wand.” She jokes with a bright smile.

“And maybe some magic.” Lois teased.

Kimberly Shrugs and chuckles, “Who knows I might have already used all my magic to enchant my guy?”

“I don’t think you needed magic for that,” Jimmy said.

“Thank you, Jimmy. That’s so sweet to say.” Kimberly said and blushed a bit.

“Let’s get back to the interview and continue to play matchmaker later,” Kimberly said almost forgetting why Lois and Clark were here in the first place.

Lois smiled briefly before she continued with her next question, “What had inspired you to choose gymnastics?” Lois asked curiously.

Kim sighs, You can see the shift of mood in her eyes, this was something she didn’t like talking about, “Well it’s not such a happy answer. It was to escape from my parent's failing marriage. You know they say that it is a mistake to stay together for the children because they end up hurt by it? Well, I can tell from my experience that what they say is true.”

Lois smiles sadly, “You are not the only one with that experience.”

Kimberly nods at this comment, “I found that they stopped fighting long enough to support me. Maybe this was my way of trying to control the situation or escape from it. All I know is that the more they fought, the harder I practiced to block it all out. I specialized on the beam, it always felt like flying to me.”

Lois and Clark were quiet, especially Clark his parents were still together after all.

Kimberly continued, “If it wasn’t for my friends, I don’t know if I would have stayed so grounded. I know I have half-siblings I’ve never met but I am not sure if I want to meet them. It was through the parents of my friends and their loving families that I knew some marriages worked just fine. It gave me the power never to lose hope for love and a good working marriage.”

Lois felt the same way but with the only difference that she didn’t have a group of friends that supported her.

“My friends always encouraged me, supported me and helped me out. It was like my own little family.” Kimberly smiles at the thought of her friends.

“They will all be coming within the week. Jason, Zack, Billy, Trini, Rocky, Adam and Aisha. I know Jason the longest time, he’s like a big brother to me.”

“Too bad, I didn’t have friends like that at the time, I only got my sister.” Lois sighed.

“On the other hand, Lois, it made you to the love of my life because it made you who you are,” Clark said after hearing this Kimberly unexpectedly got up and hugged Lois. Lois hesitated for a moment but hugged her back.

it was easy to see why Kim had such a group of friends. being such a warm and genuinely heartfelt person Kim just naturally drew people to her, you couldn't help liking her.

The hug was broken when they all heard a new voice in the room, “Beautiful, are you in here?”

TBC

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *