AN/ This is an AU story for both the fandoms so some things didn't happen or did happen but in the wrong order. I know that there will be things in Lois and Clark that they did after their marriage, but I played with it for once. So please give this story a chance. For the Power Ranger fans, the most important thing is that the letter never happened and that it is situated in the modern time.

The Daily Planet will be online in this story. I hope you will love the story.

Hugs LadyTpower and mae-E

Chapter 2 :

It was time for the press conference. The room the staff of the hotel had chosen was filled with reporters from all over the state. Two of them were Lois and Clark for The Daily Planet. The camera's started rolling and the flashes were going off, the moment that the American gymnast team walked on stage and took a seat on the chairs that were placed for them. With Kimberly sitting in the middle.

The manager sitting as first in line. He was going to do the general talking like he always did. This press conference turned out to be just like all the others, mostly the same questions being asked with only one difference, Kimberly had the feeling that someone was watching her, not in the way she was used too but in a creepy stalker kind of way.

She didn't know where it came from or who it was until the end of the conference.

Lex Luthor stood up from his chair in the corner from the room. Clearing his throat asking the attention for himself while he walked towards the stage. He made a gentleman gesture towards the ladies. His eyes focused on the one in the middle.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, can I have your attention, please."

The whole room went quiet, everybody knew better than to mess with Lex Luthor.

"First of all, give our team another big applause for all the medals they brought home to us," Lex said while clapping in his hands.

His eyes fixated on Kimberly Ann Hart. The only time his eyes left the caramel-haired gymnast was when his eyes found Lois' and smiled lovingly towards her.

as he stepped up on the stage, it was in that moment that Kimberly knew that he was the one giving her the creeping feelings the whole time.

Lex turned around and took the mic from the manager, " First off all, welcome to Metropolis and I hope you all have a pleasant stay in my hotel. Secondly, I want to congratulate our ladies for their hard work and good results at the Olympics. That's why I want to give a gala ball in the ballroom in the concert hall in honor of our fantastic team. Everybody is welcome to join me tomorrow at 8 pm."

The reporters start clapping again, this time for Lex himself. The team was overexcited, everybody except Kimberly she was shocked and didn't like it one bit. She wasn't the only one with those feelings. She was disgusted by the man and only watching him made her shiver and made her stomach turn.

Lois looks towards Clark and whispers on a tone only he can hear clearly, "I don't like it one bit. I think it's best we go too and keep an eye on things."

Clark nodded, "You are right, Lois. I don't trust Lex with this. He is up to something. I think Superman better be prepared too, just in case."

They both saw him walking back to his chair with a grin on his face. It was clear he was up to something again.

Lois, Clark, and Jimmy had decided to stay in the hotel's lobby until it was time for Clark's highlight of the day as a sports fan, it wasn't American football but a unique meeting nonetheless. They were the only ones who had pulled it through to get an exclusive with the gold medal winner.

The hour went by fast before they knew it stood in front of the suite where Miss Hart was staying. Lois took a step forward and knocked on the door of the room.

Kimberly had just changed her clothes, after taking a shower, when a knock on the door startled her, "I'll be right there." She yelled towards the door.

She made it towards the door dressed in a white short and a pink tank top. The only thing she wasn't wearing yet were her shoes. She opened the door barefoot. She was just too excited to meet her favorite reporter's, she followed the reporter's articles online anytime she could.

She opened the door with her still damp hair pulled in a braid.

"Good afternoon Miss Hart, I am Lois Lane from The Daily Planet and this is my partner Clark Kent and our photographer, Jimmy Olsen," Lois said with a professional voice.

"Hi, It's nice to meet you but please call me Kimberly or Kim. Come on in please I will be right with you. Let me change in something nicer for the pictures." Kim said while she stepped aside to let them pass.

Kimberly changed her clothes into a light pink knee-length sundress. Slipping her little feet in some white sandals covered with little pink stones, while Lois, Clark, and Jimmy were waiting in the suite's living area with a black leather sofa and two black leather chairs and a large picture window behind the sofa.

Lois and Clark took a seat on the sofa and Kimberly on the chair on their left. Jimmy smiled like a teenager with a crush when Kimberly joined them in the room putting her ring on her right hand.

"I am sorry, I wasn't quite ready yet." The gymnast said smiling.

"Jimmy? Jimmy?" Clark tried to get Jimmy's attention but the young man was overwhelmed by the former pink rangers beauty.

"Wow, you are beautiful." Jimmy stammers before Clark nudged him between the ribs with his elbow. Jimmy looked towards his friend and smiled while the young photographer shrugged his shoulders.

Kimberly on her turn blushed, "Why, thank you very much, Jimmy." She winked at the young man. Which made Jimmy's grin grew wider, within moments he was smiling from ear to ear.

"You weren't wearing that ring before now, nice one though." Lois smiled fumbling with her engagement ring.

"Thank you, I haven't been able to wear it due to the promotion and the competition but I am very happy I can finally wear it." Kimberly smiled proud of her ring and at the man who had proposed to her.

It was only then that Lois saw a picture of her with a young man with olive skin and long brown hair in a ponytail.

"Is that the lucky guy?" Lois asked pointing towards the picture.

Kimberly walked towards the picture and took it with her as she took her previous seat back. Her fingers trailing over the man on the picture.

"What is the name of the lucky guy?" asked Lois with a smile on her face.

"This is Tommy Oliver. He is my long-time boyfriend and high school sweetheart." Kimberly smiled with the picture in her lap.

"Congratulations are in order then." Lois smiled.

"Thank you and who is your lucky guy?" Kimberly asked noticing the ring on Lois her finger.

"That would be me." Clark smiled brightly.

"Aww congratulations to you too then, to both of you. When you find the right partner it's always best to hold on and never let go." Kimberly said softly and winked at them.

"Especially if you had to work so hard to get as Clark did." Jimmy quipped earning him a look from both Lois and Clark.

"Well, the thing most worth having in life can be the most challenging to achieve." Kimberly chuckles.

"In that case, she is the biggest treasure I ever found." Clark smiles happily taking Lois her hand in his. Lois smiles lovingly towards her fiance at that remark.

"I want you to know, Kimberly that you are in full control of what you want to be published and what will be off the record. In our other stories, we uncover the truth but this is an interview we are more likely to give the person control." Lois said in her reporter's voice.

"Thank you, you can announce the engagement but don't talk about the wedding please, we want it to be a private party. We are going to get married in a week, in a little church just outside of Metropolis. I expect Tommy every moment now." Kimberly smiles.

"We will, we had an announcement about our engagement too but we aren't going to write anything about our wedding either, so we understand fully why you want to keep it a secret. Why did you wait with the announcement of the engagement though?" Lois asked curiously

"He wanted me to have my moment in the sun, which I love him for it, we decided as a couple to keep our engagement a secret until after the press tour. This way our engagement didn't overshadow our team and what we did. " Kim smiled

"What can you tell us about your fiance?" Lois asked.

"Well, he is sweet, compassionate and loyal." She stops at that and shakes her head, "I make him sound like a freaking Golden Retriever." Kim laughs before she continues, "He is honest and dependable. A good man who treats everyone justly. He is a 7-degree black belt and can't stand bullies." The love is glowing in Kim her eyes when she talks about her love.

TBC

comments

Last edited by LadyTpower; 09/12/19 12:39 PM.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *