chapter 12:

Weeks passed slowly. Kal-El sat in his office discussing some paperwork with Zara when Ricor knocked on the door, “Enter!” yelled Kal-El not looking up from his papers.

“My lord, Aakai wants to speak to you,” Ricor said with a bow of his head.

“Thank you, Ricor you can send him in,” Kal-El said to his guard.

Ricor opened the door and nodded towards the bald man.

“My lord I have the final research results, I was able to make pills that she can breathe on the planet. The atmosphere is only slightly different from ours. I didn’t need to change much to the pills they do have a slightly different color though, I made them light color of blue instead of white.” said Aakai

“What about the rest of the planet and his ruler?” Zara asked

Aakai looked confused, it wasn’t normal for a female to ask something without her husband's permission.

“Well, Answer my wife, Aakai!” Kal-El said sternly

“Thoria is only half as big as our planet but his ruler is cruel. He rules an iron fist. The good side is he has so much of those slaves that he wouldn’t notice a new face. I even found a ground plan of the castle.” Aakai said while rolled open a piece of paper.

“Wait a minute, we need Lois and Ching for this,” Kal-El said towards Zara.

“Ricor!” Kal-El yelled.

Ricor opened the door, “Yes my lord?” he said bowing his head. Something Kal-El never would get used to.

“Please, call Lois and Ching,” Kal-El asked gently, he didn’t want to be a ruler like Thrax.

“Yes, my lord.” Ricor bowed.

Lois and Ching entered the office only moments later, “What’s wrong honey?” Lois asked worriedly. They weren’t in the office all the time. Ching had still his men to train and Lois tried to write their adventures for The Daily Planet and gave them to Perry with the help of the bracelet Kal-el had given them.

“Aakai has a ground plan of the castle of lord Thrax but I wanted you two to hear this too. Ching will be going with you in case it goes wrong. I want a backup to bring the two ladies to save and sound back to our planet.” Kal-El said.

“Here is a back door leading straight to where the girls are being held at night. We have only one problem there are two guards on the outside. We will need to defeat them before we can enter the castle.” Aakai said looking towards his ruler.

“The guards are no match for our soldiers, not anymore.” Ching said proudly before he continued, “We learned our lesson the last time they were here.”

“What makes you think, Ching that they didn’t get stronger?” Kal-El asked curiously

“I have been keeping an eye on there training. That is why I know that we can float there without being noticed. They probably think that we are too afraid to attack again.” Ching responded. He didn’t like it when people doubted him but Kal-El was still his superior.

“Good job, Ching. So the pills are ready. We have all the information. Ching, I want two of your best men to defeat the guards and stay hidden at the ground. I want them in constant contact with you on the ship.” Kal-El ordered.

“I am going to give Lois a ring with a button in case of emergency. In that case, you storm the castle with all your man.” Zara said with an approving look of her husband.

Lois and Clark.

On the other side of the castle, Acra-Zil was sitting in his room when his ring started to glow. A cloud opened itself after he had pushed the top of his ring.

“How is the situation on New-Krypton?” A long-haired old man asked evilly

“I don’t think they trust me yet, sir,” Acra said scared

“Make them trust you! Say that you want to defeat me. Is there something else I need to know about their new ruler?” Thrax asked looking angry

“I can tell you that their ruler, Kal-El has brought a partner back from earth. She is obviously and earth human, because she takes pills to breathe out here. He even ordered to improve them. It’s like he loves that partner more than that he loves his wife, sir.” Acra said still fear in his voice.

“Good job I want you to kill his partner by switching her pills with placeboes. They will never know what she died from.” Thrax laughed but he grew serious immediately after that, “Because you know what will happen otherwise!”

“Yes, my lord, I will make them trust me,” Acra said.

Acra knew that Aakai was still in the office with Kal-El and Zara and that the lab was unprotected.

He sneaked inside and replaced the bottle of Lois her pills with the bottle of placeboes. Not really knowing when she would be starting her new pills he needed to be patient it could take weeks, so he needed to be very careful.

Acra startled when he heard a knock on the door, “Yes?” trying to control his nervousness.

Ricor entered the room, “My lord Kal-El and his wife Lady Zara are waiting for you in the throne room.”

Acra nodded, this was his chance to earn some trust. He knew what he was going to tell them.

Lois and Clark

Acra entered the throne room bowing towards the ruler, his wife, and their partners.

“You send me, my lord?” Acra asked with as much gentleness in his voice as possible.

“Yes, Acra, can I call you Acra?” Kal-El asked friendly, an act on his side too because he couldn’t help it, he didn’t trust the man.

“Yes, you can my lord!” Acra smiled genuinely this was the first step to win the trust.

“I am just curious, you didn’t say anything about your home planet, nothing good and nothing bad?” Lady Zara asked curiously

“It’s just too painful, my lady,” Acra said trying to sound emotional.

“What happened?” Lois asked compassionate, letting the reporter in her loose.

“I want Thrax to pay for what he did to my family,” Acra said softly

“What happened to your family?” Zara asked

“Thrax murdered them because they had another opinion about him than the rest of the people.”

“Being independent is not a reason to be murdered.” Lois almost yelled.

Kal-El said nothing he watched the man very closely.

“Sorry to hear that, Acra. We will send for you if we need something else.” Zara said softly.

Acra bowed and retreated to his room thinking he was one step closer to winning their trust not knowing that they were going to strike tonight.

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *