Next Thread
Print Thread
#285439 08/13/19 05:48 PM
O
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
O
Hi! I'm looking for a fic that I read on the archive probably 5 or 6 years ago. In this story, Clark-as-Superman had told Lois his name was Kal or Kal-El, and Kal was generally being a much better friend than Clark-as-Clark. At least once, Kal interacted with Lois in regular street clothes --black clothes, a baseball cap, and no glasses.

I remember a scene where Kal picks Lois up (possibly driving her Jeep) and she's grateful because she is trying to keep a low profile or has bad publicity for some reason. She might hide under a blanket to avoid paparazzi. This scene may occur near City Hall.

I realize that my memory isn't supplying great hints, but I've seen y'all work your magic before! I appreciate any suggestions.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Overwise
Hi! I'm looking for a fic that I read on the archive probably 5 or 6 years ago. In this story, Clark-as-Superman had told Lois his name was Kal or Kal-El, and Kal was generally being a much better friend than Clark-as-Clark. At least once, Kal interacted with Lois in regular street clothes --black clothes, a baseball cap, and no glasses.

I remember a scene where Kal picks Lois up (possibly driving her Jeep) and she's grateful because she is trying to keep a low profile or has bad publicity for some reason. She might hide under a blanket to avoid paparazzi. This scene may occur near City Hall.

I realize that my memory isn't supplying great hints, but I've seen y'all work your magic before! I appreciate any suggestions.

Do you recall the rating on this?

It sounds similar to Without Consent by Wendy Richards but that is N-rated.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Welcome to the boards, Overwise! wave

You may be looking for the Strangers Series by Missy Gallant.

Strangers

Strangers II: Becoming Partners

Strangers III: When Two Hearts Collide

Strangers IV: Tender Mercies

Strangers V: Kissing Friends

If not, they're a great read. Clark does rescue Lois at City Hall when she's hiding under a desk. I think that's in Part III. It's been a while since I read the series. I don't recall her hiding under a blanket, but she might have. I don't think she had a jeep in this series.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

O
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
O

Originally Posted by cuidadora
Welcome to the boards, Overwise! wave

You may be looking for the Strangers Series by Missy Gallant.

Thank you very much for the welcome, Cuidadora! I have not read the Strangers Series, but on your recommendation I've read the first story in the series, and it's great! Having both Lois and Clark have secret identities makes for a dynamic that is new to me and my experience of LnC fics. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series. Thanks again!

O
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
O
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday

That's it. Thank you very much for ID-ing that scene. I'm sorry if it was inappropriate for me to ask about an nfic on this forum. I did not recall that this scene was from an N-rated story and have been searching the general archive in vain. I appreciate your help!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Overwise
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday

That's it. Thank you very much for ID-ing that scene. I'm sorry if it was inappropriate for me to ask about an nfic on this forum. I did not recall that this scene was from an N-rated story and have been searching the general archive in vain. I appreciate your help!

Glad you found it. (It's not inappropriate)

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard