OP Offline
Features Writer
Happy to receive comments smile

Chapter 12

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Good chapter, Blueowl. You've certainly drawn me in.

I'm surprised that Clark didn't get some kind of recognition flicker of his parents when he had that comforting memory of the man helping him hear and see. Maybe he'll get one later when he thinks about the news conference.

I wonder if Lois will go to Clark's apartment looking for him on some professional pretext and find his parents there. If so, will she realize that they're worried about their son, but not about his being safe? If she does, what will she do with that knowledge? And will she begin to penetrate Clark's dual identity?

For that matter, will this incident be the catalyst to bring them together romantically? Or, to begin with, just as good friends? Or will this be the beginning of Clark's lifelong infatuation with and love for Lois? Or - to shift gears - will Lois be the first to fall in love and then have to earn Clark's trust and respect and affection?

So many different paths from which to choose. I don't know where you're going with this, but I'm sure it'll be something of a surprise and also very satisfying.

Okay, where's the next chapter?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Henderson had taken Kal-El to the Superman Foundation soon after a lengthy discussion about their options. Ultimately, they decided Kal-El returning to his Foundation was the best choice. Along with informing the world that he had returned and was well -- at least physically -- they hoped being around familiar things would help jog his memory. The other reason was to allow Lois a chance to focus on her investigation so they could discover what exactly had happened and who was responsible for the sabotage.

With Henderson, the Superman Foundation and Lois Lane on the case the identity of the saboteur shall soon come to light!

Great story!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks. Yeah, I'm trying to go about things very differently than canon. I feel what he survived would require a bit more time to recover from, even if he is Superman, so want to be sure to take advantage of it in terms of plot and character development.
Next chapter should be up tonight smile

Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks ^_^
And yes, things are going to be coming to light very soon.

Blogger
Blogger
I’ve inhaled this story in my every spare moment today and on this chapter I finally have some time to write here. Gosh the descriptions of his senses are so visceral and perfect! Nails in the ceiling, bird droppings on the roof, everything. I am here for some hurt/comfort, such a rare trope in this fandom but a fav of mine.
The breadth of detail in the world building is a masterpiece truly, and despite this being a somewhat out-there AU all the known characters feel like themselves. In fact even more so, if that makes sense, like I found myself thinking yes that’s totally what he’d do. The world feels real and textured? This is hitting some spot I didn’t know I had, I think I always had a secret head cannon where Clark sorts out things like a foundation, cooperation with first responders, meeting with UN, citizenship, all that, but you put it into words.
Love it!

Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks ^_^ Glad you're enjoying it so much. It's definitely the longest series I've ever written, and it's still going....
I try to show perspectives I want to see whenever I watch or read Superman stories, so I'm glad I'm getting them across well smile1.

Blogger
Blogger
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Thanks ^_^ Glad you're enjoying it so much. It's definitely the longest series I've ever written, and it's still going....
I try to show perspectives I want to see whenever I watch or read Superman stories, so I'm glad I'm getting them across well smile1.

You can say that again I’m up late cos I can’t stop!

I had a good chuckle at [spoiler for later in act 2] “No-no, can you imagine me knowing you both separately as Clark and Kal for years and me not knowing?” In a way this is kinda what I was talking about in the challenge thing. Can’t wait to see where it goes. It makes so much sense to be up front at the start imo, it made for a lot of fun situations on the show but it also always bothered me tbh.

I’m only at act 2 and I wish you’d never stop. You do such an excellent job of the.. I want to say the more realistic / in depth stuff without losing the humour and charm of the show..if that makes sense? I’m lacking the words to describe this properly I think. The mechanics of the show had a cartoon-y sort of quality to them - something which I do also enjoy, but gosh I am loving this too. Your world is more sophisticated, more following things through to their logical conclusions rather than hand-waving them away. Also I like that he’d go by Kal for some people / official things…. Honestly it’s like you read my mind or something… Now somebody revoke my internet access so I can sleep smile1

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard