Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Epilogue. And then it was over.

272 days ago I started writing. My goal was 50,000 words. I had a piece of a plot idea and the rest came as I went. There were plenty of ups and downs and plot holes and eureka moments. I must have deemed it complete 6 or 7 times before I finally began posting. I’ve edited even more along the way. Plenty more ups and downs came along. And now, for the last time, 111,268 words later (holy cow! Good job reading all that!), it’s really finished.

Not pleased with the ending? Too bad! No, I’m kidding grin. The story isn’t really over … yet. wink I am fully aware of the loose ends I left dangling. On July 1st, I started working on a sequel. Right now, it’s a big mess of useful notes, ridiculous ideas, challenging questions, half written scenes, messy dialogue, and huge plot holes. It doesn’t even have a title yet (Campnanowrimo-Sequel is the document name). Don’t hold your breath (but feel free to tell me what you'd like to see in the sequel).

Thank you so much for seeing it through to the end and commenting along the way. It’s been a fantastic experience!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
First of all: party clap smile1 grin

(I'm going for "Great Job!")

And I mean it! This was an excellent tale, full of stunning surprises and whiplash-inducing plot twists and believable (in the comic book physics/medical universe, anyway) setups and deliveries and excellent characterization.

I actually felt bad for Lana. I'd enjoy reading a vignette of all of her memories returning, seeing her realize that she was sleeping with and wanting sex (but not having sex) with a married man, hearing about her pain as it explodes in her mind that Clark never was, is currently not, and really never will be hers. If she truly loved him - and I don't see why she couldn't - she'd be devastated by both what happened between them and what can never happen. She might not be able to deal with it, and it's possible she'd have some kind of breakdown or even try to commit suicide.

Maybe "enjoy" isn't the right verb here.

Beyond that, whose baby is it?! I applaud Clark's attitude that this child will be his whether he contributed the sperm or not. If Bernie Klein doesn't clear up the question, will this weigh on Lois to the point that it affects her health, her relationship with the baby, her relationship with Clark, her job, her emotional and psychological well-being? Jelly, you have a lot of explaining to do!

Will Lois and Clark both recover all of their memories, especially those of the wedding? I'd think that would be of utmost importance to them. Will Lois' pregnancy put a crimp in their work lives to the point that some drastic changes must be made? (This assumes that Clark is the baby daddy.) When will Lois start craving? What will she crave? Will Clark have sympathetic cravings? Will you have them eating Rocky Road out of the same container, or will they each have one to prevent one from out-eating the other?

dizzy

I may have over-commented here, but please take this to indicate the depth of my involvement in your outstanding tale. I only hope I don't subconsciously plagiarize you.

And thanks for the insight into the process of transcribing this epic work. But 272 days is nothing. I had one tale I worked on for nine years before I posted it. Of course, it was one of those things I didn't really want to write but my muses kept beating me over the head to make progress and finish. (Harley even frowned during that one.)

So when will you start posting the sequel? Next week? Not soon enough!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, Terry! I've enjoyed reading through and responding to your comments. Knowing how a reader responds (and getting all excited when a reader responds the way I intended!) is awesome and encouraging.

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
This was an excellent tale, full of stunning surprises and whiplash-inducing plot twists and believable (in the comic book physics/medical universe, anyway) setups and deliveries and excellent characterization.
notworthy I took your advice from months ago where you suggested I read up on good writing. So either your advice worked or I already knew what I was doing (ha! that's not it, gotta be the first one).

I actually felt bad for Lana. I'd enjoy reading a vignette of all of her memories returning, seeing her realize that she was sleeping with and wanting sex (but not having sex) with a married man, hearing about her pain as it explodes in her mind that Clark never was, is currently not, and really never will be hers. If she truly loved him - and I don't see why she couldn't - she'd be devastated by both what happened between them and what can never happen. She might not be able to deal with it, and it's possible she'd have some kind of breakdown or even try to commit suicide.

Maybe "enjoy" isn't the right verb here.
I have been thinking about Lana and her side of this story. I have some ideas, but I can't say what, if anything, will come of that.

I may have over-commented here, but please take this to indicate the depth of my involvement in your outstanding tale.
Over-commenting or not, I appreciate it. The endless stream of questions is the number one reason I feel compelled to write a sequel. And I'm glad I started it before I finished posting the story. I was able to make some changes in a few places so that things I have planned will fit.

I had one tale I worked on for nine years before I posted it. Of course, it was one of those things I didn't really want to write but my muses kept beating me over the head to make progress and finish. (Harley even frowned during that one.)
shock Nine years?! I have a much more stubborn muse that insists the story I'm writing take precedence over everything else from innocuous things like eating and sleeping all the way up to and including my paying, full-time job. Looks like I'll have lunch detention supervision again next school year, so, here's to more writing! thumbsup

So when will you start posting the sequel? Next week? Not soon enough!
thud Based on how it worked out with Unforgettable, the as yet still untitled sequel wont be posted until January... And my muse seems to think that working on two different and completely unrelated stories is a great idea, so who knows what will actually happen.

Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting. Thank you for wanting more! smile

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I love your story. It is very well written. Hope to see more of your writing.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Twisted tale and an even more twisted Lex Luthor that kept you guessing.

Final Thoughts:

I wish Lex Luthor had been made to pay for his crimes but I had the same feelings in regards to cannon's Lex Luthor. He always seemed to find a way out that kept him from having to pay for the crimes he had committed.

I second, Terry, Lana's version of events is probably a painful and sorrid tale. I actually feel bad for Lana Lang. (How did that happen?)

smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by bakasi
I love your story. It is very well written. Hope to see more of your writing.
blush Thank you! I really love writing and it is nice to know its appreciated. I've started on the sequel and another completely unrelated story that's been floating around in my head. So there will definitely be more. grin

JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Twisted tale and an even more twisted Lex Luthor that kept you guessing.

Final Thoughts:

I wish Lex Luthor had been made to pay for his crimes but I had the same feelings in regards to cannon's Lex Luthor. He always seemed to find a way out that kept him from having to pay for the crimes he had committed.
I do see your point though. It does seem like Lex is always getting away with everything. So you didn't get to see it (because by the time you started reading my story, I'd already changed my mind wink) But there was an ending in which Lex lived instead of dying, he was merely unconscious and then later arrested. But after I realized Lois was pregnant, I didn't want him to live to see that. So, I killed him. On the suggestion of another reader, who thought he died too happy, I did my best to make him more miserable upon his death bed.

I second, Terry, Lana's version of events is probably a painful and sorrid tale. I actually feel bad for Lana Lang. (How did that happen?)
grin I was hoping to make readers feel bad for Lana. I feel bad for her too. Maybe I will have to write something for her.

Val, thank you so much reading through my story, pointing my words in better directions, pointing out mistakes and inconsistencies. Your words of wisdom have definitely made me a better writer. notworthy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard