Chapter 10:

Kal-el was waking up from a great night of sleep. This was something he could never do with his birth wife. He loved making Lois scream his name in their passion play. He smiled when he felt her head on his chest. He caressed her hair lovingly but the moment was broken by a hard knock on the door.

“My lord, permission to enter?” A voice asked loudly, waking Lois in the process.

“What is going on, honey?” Lois asked sleepily.

“I don’t know but put on your robe so that we can find out,” Kal-el whispered.

“A moment, please!” Kal-el ordered.

“Yes, my lord.” Came to the response from behind the door.

“You have permission to enter!” Kal-el yelled the moment he saw that Lois was dressed and ready and he had put on the clothes of the ruler.

Ricor entered the room, “Your wife, my lady Zara and her partner asked for your and your partner’s presence in the throne room, my lord.”

“Alright, Ricor, lead the way,” Kal-el said before following the guard again with Lois two steps behind him.

Lady Zara was already waiting for them in her large silver throne with Ching by her side sitting in a smaller white throne. Ricor bowed to them as he announced the arrival of his ruler, “My lady, Ching. Lord Kal-el and Lois.” He yelled while making a gesture towards his Lord and Lois.

Lady Zara raised from her throne and walked towards her husband, “Sorry, husband that I needed to wake you after the late celebration last night but I had promised Acra-Zil that we would listen to him in the morning after your arrival.” She made a gesture towards the throne, “I have given the order to give our partner’s a smaller white throne that way they will be able to join us if that is alright with you?”

“That is a good idea,” Kal-el said while he walked towards his throne, he wasn’t comfortable with all of this but he couldn’t risk war by changing too much of their old traditions, knowing he could easily die on this planet. How he missed being invulnerable sometimes, once he was back home he would never take his powers for granted anymore.

Lady Zara took her place beside him on the silver thrones once Kal-el sat down. Lois was the last one to go and sit down at the same time as Ching who had stood up to bow. He may be the partner of lady Zara but Kal-el was still his commander.

“Bring in our guest, Ricor,” Kal-el asked in his commander's voice.

Ricor bowed his head and opened the door, where Acra-zil was waiting for his announcement.

“My lord, my lady, Acra-zil,” Ricor yelled throughout the throne room.

“Thank you, Ricor,” Kal-el said in a friendly voice without losing the authority in his voice. Kal-el had heard from his wife and Ching how he had saved him and had tried to save his parents. That fact gave the old guard a lot of respect, most of all from Kal-el himself.

“Mister Acra-zil, I am lord Kal-el from the house of el, I hope your stay has been pleasant during your wait for me?” Kal-el asked with a friendly voice.

“Lord Kal-el.” Acra-zil bowed before he continued, “I enjoyed my stay here, my lord. I am sorry that you had to return for this but I promised the person who messages this is from that I wouldn’t trust anyone but you, my lord.”

“It’s quite alright, what is the message?” Kal-el asked with a serious face.

“This letter will explain everything,” Acra-zil said proudly that he had fulfilled his promise to her.

Kal-el nodded towards Ching who raised and took the letter from their guest and gave it at his commander with a bow before going to his seat again.

Kal-el opened the letter and was started to read,

Dear son,

I hope that this letter somehow reaches you. This is my friend Acra-zil of the planet Thoria but he has been my rock since lord Thrax has executed your father. He is the only one I trusted with this message. He escaped his planet in the hope to find a more honest lord to work for. I am writing you this later to let you know that I am alive but imprisoned by Thrax. He let me work as his slave and I need to obey him and satisfy his every need.

I hold one in the hope that you have survived your trip and you are now on your rightful place as ruler. I hope that I can see you again.

lots of love

your mom Lara

Kal-el was shocked for a moment. could it be? Could she still be alive?

“Kal-el, what’s wrong?” Lois asked worriedly, laying her hand on his leg. She still wasn’t used to calling him with his birth name.

Kal-el handed her the letter, “My mother is still alive.” His voice made it clear that he was still in shock.

“Husband, with permission, could this be a trap from Thrax?” Lady Zara asked curiously

“How do I know that this isn’t a trap too?” Kal-el asked suddenly in his commander's voice.

“She said to me that if I would be able to reach you that she was happy that the globe did his work in sending you to earth when you were a baby,” Acra-zil said honestly.

Lois gave the letter back to Kal-el, who on his turn gave it to Zara and Ching that way they could read it also.

“I believe him for now. What about you, my dear wife?” Kal-el looked towards lady Zara, who looked up from the letter, “I am willing to believe him too. Can I speak to you in private, husband?”

Kal-el nodded, “Ricor see that our guest gets food will you while he waits for our decision.”

“Yes, my lord.” Ricor bowed and lead Acra-zil out of the throne room.

Kal-el waited until the doors closed again, “I know he speaks the truth because of what he just said about me being sent to earth with a globe. Thrax didn’t know this or where I was sent. I want to rescue her and reward the man for his bravery. What do you think Zara?”

Zara nodded, “Yes, we are going to rescue her but we need to be careful, I think your mom’s letter brought me on an idea. What about we tell him that if we can save his mom or at least know she was alive after he left that he can work for the palace, starting with a job that doesn’t have much responsibility and shows us his loyalty.”

Kal-el nodded, “What do you guys think?” asking the same question to Ching and Lois.

“I think if he speaks the truth that he showed bravery and you could use such men,” Lois said glad that her opinion was asked.

“You are right, my lord,” Ching said shortly

“Ricor, sent Acra-zil in again!” Kal-el commanded

Acra-zil entered the throne room again, “Lord Kal-el.” he said with respect.

“We have decided that we will give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you for now. If we find out that what you tell us is true and we can save her, you will be rewarded with a place in the palace guard in a low rank but with the ability to work your way up and earn our trust. For now, you will stay here as our guest.” Kal-el said still in his commander's voice.

“Thank you, lord Kal-el. I will not disappoint you because I have been honest about everything.” Acra-zil said bowing his head.

Kal-el sighed this was not what he expected to happen when he arrived here. They were going to rescue his birth mother even if it was the last thing he would ever do.

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *