Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#285250 07/21/19 10:05 AM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Chapter 31. Thanks to Cuidadora and her first responder knowledge for cleaning up Jimmy's arrival on the scene. I'm all for having things be as realistic as possible. I'm not sure if you saw the revelation in this chapter coming. I intentionally dodged the issue and left things vague until this moment on purpose, so don't feel bad if you didn't expect it. Originally, I had written it in to Part 2 somewhere, but I didn't like that that knowledge was floating around in the rest of the story (and I later decided that entire part should be from Lex's and Scott's POV), so I took it out.

Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting. smile

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Did he know that, in every sense of the word, she’d been married to Lex? Worse, according to him, she was carrying his child. How would they get past this? She closed her eyes in an effort to curb the nausea, but scenes from the evening just played over and over. She was unable to stop the fresh sobs that came forth.

Very good question. How does anyone get past something like this?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
I think you better be honest with Clark, Lois.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana
Did he know that, in every sense of the word, she’d been married to Lex? Worse, according to him, she was carrying his child. How would they get past this? She closed her eyes in an effort to curb the nausea, but scenes from the evening just played over and over. She was unable to stop the fresh sobs that came forth.

Very good question. How does anyone get past something like this?
Yup. This one has plagued me the most. Without revealing too much, I can say this: I have always believed that Lois and Clark could get through anything. The way they treat each other with respect and honesty and are always willing to keep at it has always been very inspiring to me. I did promise to put all my toys back (except Lex, but no one is disappointed in that) even though they aren't in quite the same shape. I hope my ending does credit to them.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
I think you better be honest with Clark, Lois.
She'll need convincing. Good thing Clark is a great guy.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard