Chapter 9
-------------

Kal-el sighed before moving a step forward to stand next to Ching. He did his best trying to hide his discomfort. A red carpet was laid in front of the landing place of the floating ship. People started cheering, yelling his birth name.

Lady Zara stood at the end of the red carpet, doing her best not to watch the man she loved, her partner Ching. They needed to keep their appearance for the people although the people knew about the partnership between her and Ching it was the tradition that the husband came first.

Kal-el walked over the ramp, Lois two steps behind him.

Lady Zara put up a smile, it wasn’t hard, she might not love her husband but there was great respect between the two even a great friendship.

She opened her arms while she walked towards the ship, “Welcome home, my dear husband!”

Kal-el sighed and closed his eyes briefly, “Thank you for this welcome, my dear wife. “ He said loud enough for the people to hear their conversation. They embraced each other briefly.
Lady Zara took a step back and opened her arms again, “May I welcome you on our planet New-Krypton, Lois.”

Lois smiled and walked into the arms of the ruler's wife but also her good friends embrace, “Thank you, Lady Zara, Can I call you that in public?” Lois asked curiously.

Lady Zara smiled, “of course, you are my husband's partner and a very good friend. You don’t have to my lady me.”

The lady of the planet turned towards her people and raised her hands in the air. The people felt silent with that sign.

“Dear people of New-Krypton, to celebrate the arrival of my husband and his partner, you are invited to the palace garden. There will be food and drinks for everyone and we will end the evening with spectacular fireworks.” Lady Zara said formally.

The people started cheering again until Kal-el raised his hands. The people felt silent again, it was a token of respect towards their leader and his wife.

“Dear people, I want to thank you all for this welcome. I want to thank Lady Zara for ruling wisely over this planet in my absence and I want to thank her and my partner Lois for their support. Last but not least I want to thank Ching for the safe journey.”

“Now let’s take this celebration to the palace, I invite my husband to walk towards our hovers.” Lady Zara said while making a gesture towards what looked like a car without wheels floating above the ground.

Kal-el took two steps before Lady Zara took her first step. Lois and Ching staying two steps behind Zara. The hovers were made for two people and a driver so Kal-el stepped in the first one with Lady Zara by his side. Ching and Lois sitting in the next one. This was going to take time for Lois to get used to. In the palace rooms, she might be the one sleeping with Kal-el but it was a lot harder than she had thought to see her earthly husband with his birth wife. She knew they felt only friendship for each other, she knew Kal-el did anyway.

The journey was a short one, they could easily do it on foot but it was for their safety to travel in a hover when the traveled in public.

The diner Lady Zara had organized was a big success. Kal-el sat at the head of the table with Lady Zara on one side and Lois on the other side. Ching sitting on the other side of Lady Zara. The rest of the table was filled with the members of the council and other noblemen. The food was slightly different from the earth. Lots of strange fruit and vegetables. The meat of animals he never heard off. They sat down and talked about politics until it was time for the ruler to appear on the balcony to start the fireworks. This was the one time that Lady Zara and Lois were allowed to stand next to him each on one side. Ching stood next to Lady Zara.
“I want to thank you again, Zara what you did for me,” Kal-el whispered. Ching couldn’t hear what his ruler was saying but he didn’t like it one bit the moment he noticed the looks his partner gave her husband.

“My nights with Zara are over.” Ching sighed in a whisper.

The firework went on for at least an hour but it was time now for the ruler to go to his room. He had seen Chings looks so he needed to sure that Ching knew where he stood as his wife's partner.

“Wife, can I talk to you, Lois and Ching in private please,” Kal-el whispered.

Lady Zara nodded, “Ching, Kal-el wants to talk to us in private.”

Lady Zara saw her husband talking to Lois probably saying the same thing to her. She saw how he smiled to her touching her briefly. Zara still wanted that earthly love with Ching but she knew that her partner was a man of traditions. She needed to talk to Lois about it asking if she could help her with her goal.

Kal-el turned around in his office. This was the most private place next to the master bedroom.
“Zara, Lois, Ching, thank you for following me to the office at this late hour but this can’t wait until tomorrow. I don’t know how traditions work with the sleeping arrangements but I want to spend my nights with Lois.”

“Don’t worry, Kal-el, you as a ruler has the choice with whom you spend your nights. I, on the other hand, need your permission to sleep with Ching. I have less power now that you are here.” Lady Zara said she knew that Kal-el wouldn’t make a problem out of it.

“Of course, Zara you have my permission to sleep with Ching but who sleeps where?” Kal-el asked curiously. He had a lot to learn about the laws on this planet.

“You will sleep in the master bedroom with Lois, I sleep in the room of my partner Ching.” Lady Zara answered smiling towards her partner for the first time today.

“Well goodnight then, Zara, Ching. I am going to now because we have a lot to do tomorrow.” Kal-el said before he walked away with Lois two steps behind him, not knowing what tomorrow was going to bring.

Kal-el sighed deeply when the doors of the room closed behind him and Lois. Lois saw the tension in her earthly husband's muscles and started to rub his shoulder and he's back, “Are you alright, honey?” She asked worriedly

Kal-el turned around in placed his arms around her small waist. Lois her arms found their way around his neck, “now I am.” Kal-el said before he leaned in to finally kiss the woman he loved with every fiber of his being. Lois moaned before deepening the kiss, “Make love to me, my lord.” She whispered beside his ear.

Kal-el groaned and lifted his love in his arms and started walking towards the bed without losing any contact. They didn’t know what the consequences would be after making love without his superman powers but Lois didn’t care. She had Kal-el in her arms and that was all that counted at that moment.

They had made love a couple of times before they both fell asleep in each other's arms. Lois was happy that she didn’t have to share this part of her relationship with the supreme ruler not thinking about tomorrow anymore.

TBC ….
comments go here

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *