Chapter 8

-------------

AN/ I will speak about Kal-el now. I tell you this to make sure you do not get confused. Let’s say that Clark stayed on earth and Kal-el reappeared again.

On with the story…

Lois looked at her husband, no her partner while he fastened the last button on his red sleeveless cloak. She loved this suit on his especially the black suit with the blue symbol. She herself was wearing a red dress without leaves with a white sleeveless cloak over the top of it. This was the clothing for partners to wear. That way people knew she was important but also saw the difference between the partner and the wife. Ching was wearing the red version of Kal-El's suit but without the symbol on it. He didn’t wear a cloak. This was to maintain the difference between the supreme ruler/husband and his wife’s partner.

“You look so handsome in this suit, honey,” Lois said with a smile on her face.

Kal-el smiled, “And you must be the most beautiful woman on both planets.” He took her arm and pulled her into his chest. Lois her arms went straight around his neck.

“What is your next move, my lord?” Lois asked with some mischief in her voice.

“Well, this…” Clark whispered before he closed the gap until both lips find each other, rewarded by a moan from Lois. The kiss was sweet and filled with love but was over way too soon, broken by a knock on the bedroom door.

“Yes!” Kal-el groaned.

A young woman walked in with her head bowed to the ground. It was disrespectful for the servants to look at their lord while addressing him. This was a right that had to be earned by named personal servant, something that yet had to be chosen for Lois and Kal-el.

“You are expected in the throne room my lord, your wife wants to speak to you and your partner.” the young woman said without straightening her head, her eyes still glued to the floor.

“I will be right there. Thank you, what is your name?” Kal-el asked.

“My name is Zesli, my lord.” She answered still not looking up. There were some weird traditions he had to coop with here. Zesli stepped back and walked in front of Kal-el. Lois knowing from what she had learned walking two steps behind him. A place that soon would be fulfilled by his birth wife Zara.

The throne room was gigantic, with the control panel to navigate the huge ship. A large golden throne in the middle and with a second smaller throne for his wife or in this case for his partner, Lois.

“Your chair, my lord,” Zesli said pointing towards the large chair. Kal-el rolled his eyes. He didn’t like this medieval behavior but he had no choice as to accept it, he didn’t want yet another fight with the council.

A square window opened itself in front of the large chair where Kal-el was seated now, Lois sitting next to him.

“I hope your travel is going alright, husband!” Lady Zara said noticing how Lois winched at the last word. She just didn’t know who was there with them and she needed to address him that way due to the traditions. She didn’t need to see Ching’s face to know how it would hurt him.

“Everything is ready for your arrival. Everyone on New-Krypton knows about the fact their ruler has returned from earth. We will celebrate it today and start working tomorrow. We need to do this to keep our people from asking too many questions that would only lead to panic.” Lady Zara said firmly but not without forgetting who she was talking too.

“You are right, wife,” That sounded just so wrong to him but again he needed to keep an appearance for the public and the servants, “We will handle whatever it is tomorrow but not without Lois and Ching. They are our hearts and they have the right to say their opinion.”

Zara nodded, it was an odd request but she knew that Kal-el already accepted lots of their traditions so it couldn’t hurt to give in too, “No problem, husband. I will see you and Lois in a few hours, Zara out.” Lady Zara closed the window on her side. Kal-el sighed deeply, “I hope for the man’s sake that the reason is good because I am already tired of being bowed to.” Kal-el whispered to no one in particular. Lois felt her love tense.

“Everything will be alright, honey. I will be by your side this time.” Lois said while she kissed his sleep lovingly. She had taken place on his lap. She might be less then Zara in the eyes of the people but she knew who held his heart and she was not going to be set aside by anybody.

Lois and Kal-el enjoyed the few hours alone time they had before they arrived on their new home for God knows how long. Kal-el knew one thing though he was going to put his foot down and spend his nights with Lois. He didn’t know how it worked so he called Ching, hoping he would help him.

“You called me, my lord?” Ching asked bowing his head until the servant had left the room.

“Yes, Ching, first of all, you are my birth wife's partner you don’t need to bow to me. Please just treat me normal. It’s worse enough I have to accept it from the rest.” Ching nodded in agreement but Kal-el wasn’t finished yet, “Secondly, I have a question about the sleeping arrangements, how does it work on New-Krypton let’s say in a case like ours?”

“You are the supreme ruler, my lord. You can choose with whom you are sharing your bed. If you choose to sleep with your partner, you still need to give your permission to your wife to sleep with me.” Ching answered hoping Kal-el was going to sleep with his earth wife, not his New-Krypton wife because that would mean that he would sleep alone again.

Kal-el saw what Ching was thinking and laughed, “You don’t need to worry then, Ching. I am going to spend my nights with Lois and I will give the needed permissions for you to sleep with Zara.” He saw the relief on Ching’s face. Maybe he was not going to lose Zara after all.

“We will be landing on New-Krypton in about ten minutes, my lord,” Ching said before walking back to the control panel.

“Are you ready, honey?” Kal-el asked his earth wife.

Lois sighed, “I am ready.” she said trying to hide her nervous emotions. Kal-el sensed this and embraced her, “We will go through this together.” He said lovingly, “Don’t forget that you are my wife in my heart!”

Lois kissed him lovingly but again they needed to stop because someone needed them.

“We are ready for landing, my Lord,” Ching said Happy to see his partner again after the long trip to earth.

“My lord.” Zesli bowed again.

Kal-el turned towards the young servant, “yes, Zesli.”

“Your cape, my lord,” she said carrying a red over her arm.

Kal-el sighed, “Thank you, Zesli. Can you help me with this?” The young servant was shocked and looked towards Ching for guidance.

“It’s alright, Zesli. You prepare for our Lord's appearance to the people and Lady Zara. I will help him with the cape. The red cape had a golden chain with his shield as buckle and on a golden bar on each of his shoulders, the little golden bars needed to be attached to the red cloak. It reminded him of his cape as Superman back at home on earth.

“You look amazing, honey!” Lois smiled. She approached him and kissed him one more time before she needed to share him with his wife, in the eye of the public anyway. She felt jealousy sneaking up like a lion on its prey but suppressed it immediately. She is the one carrying his heart after all.

“It’s time, my lord,” Ching said respectfully.

Kal-el took a few deep breaths before nodding at his birth wife’s partner. There was no way back now. “Let’s get this over with. Kal-el whispered towards Lois, seeing that Ching had taken place at the entry of the floating ship.

“Lady Zara.” Ching bowed respectfully and waited for her sign to continue, “Ladies and gentlemen, we brought him home. Please welcome our supreme leader, the ruler of this planet. Son of Lord Jor-el and Lady Lara, Kal-el from the house of el and his partner Lois Lane.”

comments

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *