Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#285126 07/07/19 09:36 AM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Chapter 25. Another one of my favorites. At last, after most of the story has gone by, we finally have Lois and Clark in the same room again. If only the circumstances were different... I enjoyed writing the same piece of the scene from different perspectives. I think this is the only time that happens in the whole story, but it just seemed so perfect to do it that way. Initially, the second POV of the scene was just remembering, but it didn't feel right. It was when I wrote this that I realized the original titles I'd considered were dumb and Unforgettable was so obviously the perfect title.

Only the one song here. Unforgettable.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Cliffie.

Again!

You have been taking evil lesson, Jelly. You promise such wonderful smoochies and WAFFs and then you yank the entire floor out from under us. I know you have ten more chapters to go, but I'm getting whiplash from being yanked in so many directions so suddenly. dizzy

That's a good reversal, too, having a bad outcome announced (maybe?) by turning on the lights. Usually we shut off the light to announce the evil mastermind, but no! You turn them on. So very evil

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Cliffie.

Again!

You have been taking evil lesson, Jelly. You promise such wonderful smoochies and WAFFs and then you yank the entire floor out from under us. I know you have ten more chapters to go, but I'm getting whiplash from being yanked in so many directions so suddenly. dizzy
I'd be lying to say it wasn't intentional. I cant wait to see what you think about the rest of the story. smile

That's a good reversal, too, having a bad outcome announced (maybe?) by turning on the lights. Usually we shut off the light to announce the evil mastermind, but no! You turn them on. So very evil
Hmm... I hadn't thought of that. They were just in a dark tunnel, so obvious the light would pour in. I suppose I must learn to embrace my evilness now that it is also fully in the light wink.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Yay caught up with your story. This one is a winner until now. But damn what a cliffie aaaaargh, you are evil :p ;-)

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Winding through the dark passages, Lois had to focus on trying to remember each turn but all she could think about was what had just happened when Clark finally arrived. She’d expected meeting him again to be awkward, uncomfortable. Interacting with the person said to be stalking you and playing along could only be awkward and uncomfortable. But that wasn’t what she saw in him. How would she ever forget the tingling sensation his touch left behind

Muscle memory cannot be denied. Oh well, at some point she'd going to show him that magazine article, imagine all the questions?!

Arghh! The lights go on and we see who?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
Yay caught up with your story. This one is a winner until now. But damn what a cliffie aaaaargh, you are evil :p ;-)
I do love cliffies smile. You should probably just expect them from here on out wink.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Muscle memory cannot be denied. Oh well, at some point she'd going to show him that magazine article, imagine all the questions?!

Arghh! The lights go on and we see who?
I love the idea that subconsciously there isn't anything that stop these two from begin together. And I'm a sucker for a cliffhanger!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard