Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#285098 07/03/19 03:26 PM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Chapter 23. This chapter concludes part 3 of the story. And what a note to end on. Much of part 3 was written when I was already 75% through writing. Many of my plot holes were located here but they eventually filled in (unless you found some, please do tell). Goodreads update: At the end of Chapter 23, you are 72% through the words, 67% through the chapters, and 75% of the parts.

Songs in this chapter:
Because You Love Me
Blue Gardenia
That's My Girl
Brush Those Tears From Your Eyes
There Goes My Heart

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yawning as she sat up, she wondered what they would be having for dinner this evening and whether Scott would be here in time to eat with them. The anniversary party a few days ago ended with Lex and Lois traveling to this wonderfully secluded home where they had spent the past few days relaxing together. But Lois was looking forward to returning to work soon, eager to get started on her next story.

Oh no! shock

What a gutsy plot move on your part! Since it is taking Clark FOREVER to regain his memory and Lois has once again lost hers it does not look so great for our favorite reporting duo. What happens if Hightower keeps giving her those treatments and Clark walks into a trap he cannot escape from?

What happened to putting all the toys back in the box the way you found them? help

Waiting on pins and needles for the next part.

Last edited by Morgana; 07/05/19 09:41 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana
Oh no! shock

What a gutsy plot move on your part! Since it is taking Clark FOREVER to regain his memory and Lois has once again lost hers it does not look so great for our favorite reporting duo. What happens if Hightower keeps giving her those treatments and Clark walks into a trap he cannot escape from?

What happened to putting all the toys back in the box the way you found them? help

Waiting on pins and needles for the next part.
'Gutsy' smile I like that description. This was one of the parts where the plot really ran away from me. After holding out on me and not filling in all those holes for so long, I was quite surprised myself by what it came up with.

Did I say I put the toys back in the box the way I found them? They've been through a lot and its not over yet, but they definitely get back in the box.

First two chapters of part 4 come out Sunday! Which reminds me - there's a few last minute edits I need to take care of wink.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
First two chapters of part 4 come out Sunday! Which reminds me - there's a few last minute edits I need to take care of wink

Sadly, I know that scenario very well!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Okay. Lois is back in the fold (sort of), although I suspect this second round of treatments will have less "stickiness" in her mind. And Clark is remembering bits and pieces. Is it because he had a number of different treatments (according to Scott) because he had such a high resistance to them? Maybe each treatment requires it's own scrubbing tune, and Clark won't recover all of his memories until he's heard all the key songs for all of his treatments.

When will Lex find out that Scott has betrayed him? And how badly will he kill Scott when he does? Will Scott's brutal death be the proverbial straw that breaks Lois' memory camel's back and makes her immune to Lex' mnemonic manipulations? Stay tuned for the next post, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

I'm ready. Is it up yet? Is it up yet?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Stay tuned for the next post, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

I'm ready. Is it up yet? Is it up yet?
Such insightful questions! I'm nothing if not consistent wink (on dates at least). Tomorrow morning they go up! smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard