Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#285055 06/30/19 09:33 AM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Chapter 22. Pretty sure this is my favorite chapter. It includes two scenes (Clark and the wallet, and Perry with Jimmy and the song) that I really enjoyed thinking about and writing. They gave me goosebumps and I hope they do that for you too. This chapter includes some rather major turning points as well, which I’m sure you were wondering when we’d get around to all that wink. I have a picture of this chateau that Lex has taken Lois to. I scoured the internet looking for something that matched what I was imagining in my head and drew pieces together to make what I liked. I’m not the artist in my family, but houses are a tiny bit easier. Sadly, I can’t find the picture I drew. I’ll keep looking and share it if I find it.

Songs in this chapter:
Miss Otis Regrets
Joe Turner Blues

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I found the pictures I drew. Sketches really. Houses are the only I can do reasonably well at. The view from the back was rough because the house features an angled wing.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Okay. Clark still doesn't remember, and he doesn't believe that he's really Superman, but he's willing to go with Scott and help Lois any way he can. And now, Jimmy remembers. Will he be able to convince Perry of the truth? Will Perry hear an Elvis tune (instead of Nat) that breaks his mental logjam? Or will the next song on the CD bring back his memories?

Cool drawings of the house. Makes me a little jealous, because I have no visual artistic talent at all. When I was in eighth grade, the teacher had each student (at the same time) draw him seated behind his desk. He modeled for it. Mine may have been the worst in the class. The man resembled Dick Martin (of Rowan and Martin fame), but my drawing looked more like a bad caricature of Groucho Marx.

Anyway, I'm eager to see Scott and Clark storm the barricades to rescue the princess, who by that time may not believe she needs rescuing. Will Lex have his Superman-killing weapon ready? Will he try to use it on Clark and instead kill someone who jumps in front of Clark to save him? It would be evil - ironic, but most evil - if Lois were that person. But you're not that evil, are you?

evil

You're not, are you? Jelly? Please?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Cool drawings of the house. Makes me a little jealous, because I have no visual artistic talent at all. When I was in eighth grade, the teacher had each student (at the same time) draw him seated behind his desk. He modeled for it. Mine may have been the worst in the class. The man resembled Dick Martin (of Rowan and Martin fame), but my drawing looked more like a bad caricature of Groucho Marx.
Thanks, but seriously, houses, boxes and the occasional flower are about all I can do. Its a great source of fun in my classroom (I teach high school physics and chemistry) - I draw something and then the students make fun of it. We do a lot of pretending ("Of course that is a horse and cart! You can't see it?" wink). My 11-year-old is the real artist in the family.

Anyway, I'm eager to see Scott and Clark storm the barricades to rescue the princess, who by that time may not believe she needs rescuing. Will Lex have his Superman-killing weapon ready? Will he try to use it on Clark and instead kill someone who jumps in front of Clark to save him? It would be evil - ironic, but most evil - if Lois were that person. But you're not that evil, are you?

evil

You're not, are you? Jelly? Please?
I originally thought I was quite the opposite of evil. But seeing as how this whole shebang has come out of my head, I'm not so sure anymore. I did promise that I put all my toys back in the box, so rest assured that Lois wont be dying. smile. But Lex is crazy, so anything could happen.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Her first view of the chateau that was to be her destination the previous morning was from a distance. While she was unable to get a good impression of its size from the angle, she could see that it was positioned on the top of a bluff giving the house a steep drop-off to one side. They traveled below it, along a small river that was a tributary of the Hobbs River. Bare trees covered much of the base of the bluff while the top was steep, exposed rock.

It is going to take all of Lois' skills to get out of this situation. The place described above sounds more like a fortress than a home. It figures that Lex would own such a place and keep Lois a prisoner here.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana
It is going to take all of Lois' skills to get out of this situation. The place described above sounds more like a fortress than a home. It figures that Lex would own such a place and keep Lois a prisoner here.

Oh yes! We'll learn more about this place soon enough, which makes it even more just the place for Lex.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard